KH-Vids Podcast Episode #80: The Last of Us Spoilercast

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Misty gimme kiss

[​IMG]
    Late podcast but long podcast

This week @Misty, @libregkd, and @Calxiyn host the first of many Spoilercasts, where we discuss a certain game in all its in-depth, spoiler-y glory! We selected The Last of Us, Naughty Dog's hit PS3 game (that has also been remastered for the PS4), which follows Joel and Ellie as they survive in a zombie-like infected world.

Starting from around 15 minutes in, we cover our general thoughts about the game, our favorite characters, the game's contentious ending, the Left Behind DLC, the upcoming movie, and the possibility of a sequel.

Not interested in The Last of Us, or you don't want to be spoiled for it? That's okay! You can skip ahead to 1:44:40 for our user-submitted questions! @Graxe makes us select between Soul Edge and Soul Calibur (which prompts @Misty to discuss her video game boyfriend, Kilik), and @KHGrl15 gives us the option to date a Kingdom Hearts character!

It's a fun-filled podcast that I hope you all enjoy! Please leave us a comment with your thoughts, answer our user-submitted questions, and participate in the podcast through the links below!

tloucover.png

Download Episode #80 (MP3)
    Subscribe to us on iTunes or through our RSS feed

Interested in being a member guest on the podcast? Fill out our form here and we'll be in touch. Ask us a question by visiting this page or sending an email to podcast@kh-vids.net!

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Feb 11, 2015.

1. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠
      ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠
      Not even 30 seconds in and I love the idea. Looking forward to listening to this while procrastinating my homework.
    2. Amaury
      Amaury
      A two-hour podcast? This has never happened before... I-- what!? :D

Edit: The player, and this was an issue before, seems to be broken in regard to skipping. If I skip to 0:30:00, it acts like it's at 0:15:00, though it also seems to vary a lot. Then if I skip to the end, it continues playing, increasing the length, going past the actual end, because it's not actually at the end.
      Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    3. Misty
      Misty
      Glad you like the idea! As I said towards the end of the episode, we really enjoyed doing the spoilercast and we'd like to open the opportunity for everyone to suggest games for future ones through our topic submission form! So if there's a game out there that you really feel we could have a good discussion about, definitely send it our way and we'll look into it.
      It's a standard HTML5 audio player and seems to work fine for me. The easiest solution would be to just download the episode and play it through your preferred music player -- it's an MP3 so it'll play on virtually anything. We're also looking to start putting the podcast on YouTube eventually, which is obviously an extremely compatible player.
    4. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠
      ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠
      I'll have to think about a good suggestion, as I think the spoilercast format is a great idea.

Also the youtube thing would be pretty sweet.
    5. Ty
      Ty
      Great idea, guys! Would love to see maybe a Walking Dead (show and/or game) one if you're up to date with it/watch it.
    6. Misty
      Misty
      The likelihood of it happening anytime soon is low because I don't watch the show (and neither do Cal or Nick, to my knowledge) but like I said, I wouldn't mind watching something if a lot of people request it!