English Voices and Text Already in 2.5

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Explode, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Explode Who?!

Apparently, the Japanese release has theater mode available with English voice acting for both KH2FM and BBSFM, seemingly including the additional scenes, with the lips synced correctly. Here's a sample:

More surprisingly, the game has full English text hidden in the game, and with some hacking you can play it. Some parts are unfinished, and pre-rendered sequences are still Japanese, but still pretty crazy.

I'm guessing ReCoded is not included, since that is pre-rendered. We can expect to see more of this in the coming days. Though I'll probably restrain myself from watching the new scenes ahead of time.

Assuming they are going to be censoring KH2 again for the rest of the world, at least this means we (probably) have uncensored English versions of those scenes here.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  2. Amaury Legendary Hero

What kind of censoring? o_O

3. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

I can understand things like Will pointing the gun at himself being removed, I guess, but this?

What is so wrong about being pounded? For God's sake, your party is pounded on all the time when fighting bosses.

I swear, the US is full of a bunch of sissies who can't handle blood, guns being pointed at people, etc. A bit off topic, but did you know that Tom and Jerry now comes with a disclaimer that it's racist and contains racial scenes? People need to remember that what was okay back then is different from what's okay now and those things should therefore not be censored, banned, or have disclaimers put on them.

5. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

That's what KH fans were saying ever since 2006. Doesn't look like Disney and Square-Enix listened. Oh well... *shrugs and moves on with life*

Though, I never knew the Daisy scene changed o_O That's the first time I knew of it.

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

Agreed, though it's not all Square.

4Kids (Pokemon) and whatever owned Digimon also had their fair share of edits (e.g., in Digimon Data Squad, any scenes where Rizegreymon's revolver was pointed directly at the screen were removed in the dub).

7. Explode Who?!

4Kids has been gone, or at least wholly irrelevant for like 10 years though. The US anime industry has since shaped up.

It's peculiar that they're (presumably, not 100% confirmed) censoring it, but it's not just the US. Everywhere outside Japan gets the censored version. We're not the only ones who have obscure censorship laws. From what I understand, Japan is actually more strict about it. For the Japanese release of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, almost all the blood is made white, because you can't show dismemberment of a human. The enemies are all cyborgs, and their blood is artificial, but in the US release, it's colored more naturally. At least that's my understanding of the censorship.

In this case, it's probably more of a political thing than a "they can't handle it" thing. I'm more inclined to blame Disney than Square.

But that's enough about that.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  8. A Zebra Chaser

I can't see Disney telling Square to censor their own properties
    What's more likely is that keeping that stuff in would make KH2 T rated, which they didn't want

9. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

The last 2 are by crazycatz00, who's a member here and did the KH1FM translation. I don't know how to tag! =S

10. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

O hai there.

Anyway, ya, I can get KH2 + BBS (and the Launcher, but that's useless) to run in English. The KH2 translation seems complete, but BBS is still in-progress. No English Coded scenes; it doesn't even have multi-language capability.

11. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

English KH2:FM scenes leaked!

12. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

More:

13. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

And one last one:

14. Explode Who?!

Ah dangit, that's tempting. Only watched the first one.

Anyone wanna confirm for me if everyone reprised their roles? I know Namine didn't.

15. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

No, they were all replaced by Richard f***ing Epcar

jk, but anyway, all the original voices are back (except for Namine like you said).

16. Dredica SNES was the best.

Exactly the same here, I can wait a little longer to see those scenes in English. Namine didn't though? Is the voice actor someone else from the series or someone new entirely?

17. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Voiced by the actress who voiced Namine in all appearances post-KH2

18. Dredica SNES was the best.

I thought her voice acting was a bit off in Re: Chain of Memories, I guess now I know why. Speaking of which, am I the only person who finds Xion's English voice acting to be really unconvincing?

19. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Going a bit off-topic here, but to answer your question, I completely disagree (Terra and Aqua though, now they're what I call unconvincing, but admittedly, their voices grew on me)

20. Dredica SNES was the best.

Still off-topic, I feel like Xion's may have grown on me by the end but I feel like I noticed it more because she was always talking with Axel and Roxas, who both have excellent voice acting in my opinion, like some of the best in the series. I felt like Aqua's was lacking too, and it never grew on me, but I never had a problem with Terra's, though I know a lot of people did.

Back on-topic, why is it that Square keeps leaving bits of data in every Kingdom Hearts game that shouldn't be there? I find it extremely interesting, especially with how much The Jungle Book was developed in Birth By Sleep and then the Toy Story summons and all, but with the English text it seems like it's just taking up disc space, which I know is comically minor to mention, but why'd leave those undeveloped aspects of the game hidden like that? Weren't there DDD models in Birth By Sleep Final Mix, too?