Dreams?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Sufris, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

Well, there are many kinds of dreams.

Funny ones, random ones, awesome-sauce ones, nightmare ones (HA, don't get me started on Ven...), lucid ones, disturbing ones, prophetic ones...hmm.

Many, many, many...

Curious as to what you guys dream about. Haha~ I have a fascination with such weird things. Sue me (Oh wait, YOU CAN'T 8D).

Really, anything about dreams is welcome. Like I said, just curious~

Go, go, go! ^^

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I had a dream a few days ago that really started to get me thinking. I can't really remember a lot of it, but there are some key things that I do remember.

For some reason, I was trying to ask this girl out. I didn't know her name, everyone just seemed to refer to her as Princess. Because we are from different classes (she was rich while was more lower-middle class) it seemed like no one wanted us to even speak to each other. We would talk for some time before her older brother (I think) would break us apart. One day, I would decide to sneak into their house and tell the girl how I really felt. However, it turns out that this was a double dream. I woke up to that dream, inside another one. I was apparently napping in class and my computer suddenly shut down. The moment an old friend of mine sat down beside me, the computer started to work. The setting was more of a high school setting, and I did know this friend since high school.

Now, what do I think this dream means? Well, I have obiviously wondered what kind of girl God has in store for me. I guess I've constantly be dreaming about meeting my dream girl in a fairy tale way. However, that's all just a giant delusion; there's no way that meeting my perfect girl would be absolutely right or perfect. If I'm interpreting it right, my right girl is someone who I already know. The girl from the high school dream is someone who I've known for a very long time (about five years) and is a very nice person. I use to have a crush on her, but that passed on a long time ago. Maybe I'm being told that she is the girl for me.

I honestly did my best at interpreting this the other day. It consumed about half my morning just thinking about it. :P Of course, any dream is up fro interpretation.

3. kingdom_hearts_soras_girl Destiny Islands Resident

random ones all the way. sometimes funny ones and awesome-sauce ones.

4. Arch Mana Knight

My two-cents, I think you're mind is telling you that you want to marry a princess. << Kidding. I'd think that it's just your mind expressing your wishes to find the right girl and the rest is just something your imagination dreamt up. 8D

Anyways, since I have that much typed out I guess I'll mention one of my dreams from last week. I remembered it when I first woke up but soon after it became vague and I only remember a few details from it. All I really know is that I had met this girl, or had known her for some time, named "Ella". For some reason I knew that it was some kind of reference towards Cinderella since that character's real name is also Ella. It was like a knew a girl who was something like that character because she was always doing chores for her family or something. I'm not sure if we spoke much or anything but when I woke up I had a good feeling about the dream and had a found myself liking the name Ella. Not much of a story to tell but I rather liked it. ^^

As for my other dreams...well, I normally have nightmares or awesome nightmares(in which I'm not totally at the mercy of fate). 8D8

5. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

In Japan, there is a saying about the first dream of the year to do with Mount fuji and stuff.

I had three dreams at the start of the year, and none of them had anything to do with those.

In the first dream, I was sleeping an a hotel room that looked a lot like my regular bedroom. I woke u in the middle of the night, and there was a young woman with a baby in her arms looking out of my window. She then turned, and she smiled, and yellow-green gases started issuing from her mouth. I suffocated and died ...

In the second dream, I was still in high school, but for some reason, one of the teachers from primary school was teaching us Human Biology. There were two young children at the front of the class doing work. One was doing extremely easy work, too easy for hs age, the other was doing degree level chemistry work. I asked the teacher why she was there when this was a biology room. The teacher replied that the girl the youngest person ever to be rejected for early entry to high school (which doesn't exist). I asked why, the teacher asked the girl if she wanted to tell me. The girl told me, with a smile on her face "it's beause I'm sociopathically delusional".

I can't remember the third dream.

FML.

6. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Just so you all know, I love dream interpreting...

I think this symbolises you meeting the girl you want, you once had a crush on her, maybe subconsiously you still do and want it to be her. The girl basically represents your want to meet the perfect girl. You called her "Princess" which shows you think highly of her and thinks she deserves the title. The older brother symbolises authority, maybe you feel something is in the way of you and this girl or just girls in general. People didn't really want you two speaking, that could symbolise how you feel others disapproiving of you OR it could be your imaginative mind creating a more interesting dream (but not likely). You seem to be bursting to meet the girl you're meant to be with, also, a house appearing in dreams symbolises the 'soul' or the way we build our lives from mundane material and experience- basically this could mean you put this girl in a house, within experiences to tell her your true feelings. You delved into your own soul to confront that need for this girl.

As for the dream within a dream symoblises a change from one situation to another, or a change from the stages of consciousness. At first you were in her house and then you're in school. The computer is a reminder of your abilities and potential since it is a tool (and a complex one), if it's shutting down maybe you are doubting your abilities and believe your friends help awaken that potential. (I'm not sure about this bit, computers could mean many things in dreams). The fact you were napping in class could show that you feel you are behind in your studies or not doing as well as you should. It could also be a link back to potential, you feel you aren't using your full potential. The old friend could symbolise your past, I'm not sure. It could also be you think you aren't getting enough sleep and pushing yourself too hard.

This is my interpretation, some of it may be relevant, some may not. There probably is more to it but I can't see it.

I think this dream is similar to Tummer's, basically it's your desire to meet a girl, you related her to Cinderella since she was a Princess (maybe a reference to Kingdom hearts?) but started out as a maid. I think the name 'Ella' must have either come from Cinderella or you heard the name subconsiously and like it so you gave it to this girl (probably the later though as you said). I think you desire a girl like the ones in fairy tales, since Cinderella had to do chores maybe you want to be her protector or to save her. The fact you had a good feeling is good (obviously xD), what I mean is that the whole thought of meeting someone makes you happy.

I hope this is somehoe relevant ^^

First of all, the fact you are in a hotel symbolises your need to escape a situation in your life even for just a bit or the situation will onlt last for a limited amount of time. The women with a baby (or a mother as I'm assuming it's her baby) symsolises a caring person (as thats what mothers are). However, since a gas started coming out of her mouth shows your persception of a caring person, maybe you feel someone close to you betrayed you or you feel you aren't getting the care you want. The fact it came from her mouth says that you should handle whatever situation you are in carefully as it's quite dangerous. The gas is just a way of your subconsious showing danger. The fact she was looking out the window could symbolise the outside world, buildings represent the structure we give to everyday life and so a window is a way of seeing out into the world.

The second dream could symbolise the easiness of primary school combined with the hard parts of secondary school. What I mean is, it's showing the contrast between hard and easy. The primary school teacher (I don't know if she was nice or not, it may be significant or it might not) symbolises your past as well coming into the present. You think there is a large gap between primary and secondary school. To be honest, I was a little confused by this dream, I didn't understand the last bit.

I do love dreams but I'm still learning how to properly interpret them, so any more you want interpreting and I'll try my best ^^

Anyway, I'll share one dream I had last night:

I was in my house at lunch during school (in my PJ's :3) and my friend pushed a button in my computer room. This set off a rocket from my house (it was huge) and I watched as it left. After that I managed to hear the bell ringing at school and realised that I was going to be late for 4th period... and I was still in my PJ's at home xD.

Funnily enough I slept in that morning and was nearly late for school.

7. HellKitten Kingdom Keeper

My dreams vary but I do find others dreams interesting to an extent. Most of my dreams have consisted of nightmares lately and when they aren't nightmares then I'm not asleep. At the same time I suppose they are kind of lucid because I can tell it isn't reality and I'm able to use common sense during the dream.

8. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

Haha~ Funny enough, my impression of Ven changed because of a dream, too! 8D" It's not pretty. (*points to bottom, below Ienzo quote* In case your curious.)

You're making me miss my old dreams of randomness. Lately, they've been nightmares, nothing, or prophetic. ;__;

Oh! Could you interpret a dream for me? Maybe it means something.

So, I had this dream last year...I was trapped in a house and I was trying to get out. I was seriously freaking out because it wasn't my house and there were cannibalistic spirits of sorts. STRANGELY ENOUGH, one of them was Ven. All I really remember, and the image that will never leave my mind, is his face. His GODDAM FACE. (*cries*)

He apparently plucked his eyes out and carved a smile on his face. He was bleeding all over, wrapped in bandages and chains and he tried to eat me. :<

After that, I dreamt I was in a hotel of sorts with dirty rooms and my friend was cleaning the toilets because she was a maid.

This could be totally fanbased, this could totally mean something. I don't know, but I'm curious as to what you'd say. :3

9. Doukuro Chaser

I have all kinds of dreams and normally am day-dreaming all day XD

Hm, I think dreams have meaning but sometimes they shouldn't be thought about too deeply. They are an escape really, in my opinion. :'D

I love my dreams...Sometimes I dream about shows I've seen or books I've read. Other times it's in a world I madee up myself. (A recent one is being turned into a rp XD)

10. P Banned

Dreams can give insight into your mind, or they can be plain insanity. Therefore you'll only know that they're the former if you already know what they're referencing, in which case they're not that useful in the first place. The last thing you want to do is interpret meaningless dreams to have meaning, so drawing a conclusion from a dream is a foolish mistake.

I dislike happy dreams and nightmares. Happy dreams end. Nightmares aren't enjoyable. In both cases, they'll plague your mind for days after. Happy dreams, because they present a fantasy you wish were reality, but you know it's not, while nightmares are just unpleasant.

Therefore the best sort of dreams are lucid dreams.

11. Patman Bof

Can you tell that you' re in a dream ? Cause if you can then yes, it is lucid dreaming. Apparently once you know you' re dreaming you can make the dream be anything you want it to be. I wish I had known that sooner : when I was a kid I had recurring nightmares too, so often that I ended up noticing I was dreaming. Since I knew nothing about lucid dreaming the only thing I ever did when I noticed I was dreaming was waking up voluntarily.

12. Twilight Knight Traverse Town Homebody

I dreamt that /b/ was an actual place. I died a little inside.

13. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Hmmm, that sure is an interesting dream you have there.

Okay, since you were trapped in a house (not yours which means foreign territory), this could just symbolise a scary situation and buildings in dreams represent the structure to your life. Since the house wasn't falling apart it means it's stable. The house usually represents the soul, so you were trying to escape which means you were in a place you didn't want to be in, a situation in life you wanted to not be in probably and you're not comfortable about it. The cannabalistic spirits represent unsophisticated behaviour which means maybe there was someone or something that you felt wasn't behaving in the right way. His face which stuck in your mind, it may not be any more important then the rest of the dream, it just stuck there because Ven is familiar. Or, his face could be an attempt to understand his outward personality or maybe Ven symbolises a friend or a part of yourself. First of all, the blood represents flow of energy and life so by the fact that he was bleeding all over could symbolise your fear of losing either your life or someone elses, OR it could be you'd lost someone close and you fear it happening. The fact he plucked out his eyes shows loss of clearness in life, maybe you were unsure about something and were worrying about it. The reason why he was covered in chains shows resistriction or dependency usually. Ven could just symbolise your hobbies/free time or kingdom hearts in general, your freetime was being restricted or it could just mean a link between the two of you (since chains have links). The fact he tried to eat you is not like Ven, this symbolises unnatural behaviour and the bandages could just show the healing process (most likely emotional healing process of something in life).

So basically in short, you felt you were in a situation you couldn't get out of and you were uncomfortable there, you are worrying about maybe some unatural behaviour from some people close or maybe in yourself, Ven represents a part of you/maybe a close friend who is like Ven or you associate them with Ven, and that part you feel is out to get you or you feel it endangers you, maybe you feel it's going to take away somethnig from you or you just fear losing someone to death. You are trying to understand whatever Ven represents but you fear it as it's unnatural, you were also in the middle of a healing process.

The second dream maybe you feel this friend made a mess of a situation you were in and needs to clean it up.

Don't know if any of that is relevant, soemtimes only some parts are and other parts are just creativity taking place and filling in the gaps of your dreams.

I believe all dreams have meaning, they're basically your mind sorting out events of the day and our minds eye translates them into pictures we see and experience, well this is what I believe anyway.

14. Doukuro Chaser

I hate having a very happy dream that feels very real then having to wake up. It shouldn't end.

Most of the time I do, but sometimes I don't know I am dreaming. And yeah, same. I still have nightmares, but I can thankfully control or lessen them.

15. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

Wow. Just wow. You got my whole life in one paragraph. You should congratulate yourself for that. ^^

I don't think so, honestly. Like Ienzo said, all dreams have a meaning, lighthearted or not. Dreams come from our subconscious, so naturally, our subconscious has a way of telling things just as we do, though it can be different from what is expected. Like an oral test. You have to talk, and that's it. Some would do as they're told and just talk. Others would put all these PAZAZZ things to spice up the whole thing and to leave some kind of impression. In case my subconscious is like that, I take dreams rather seriously.

Sorry I had to ramble. Can't leave you hanging there, can I? :3

16. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I hope everything was sorted then Sufris ^^. Dreams are a great way to get to know yourself and why you do the things you do, fascinating stuff really.

Anyway, I had a strange dream last night:
    I was walking home and it started to rain, I knew I was a long way a way from my house but I wasn't gonig to give up. As the rain came down I began to sprint but as I got to this alleyway wherer I thought the trees would shelter me the rain got worse. It became a thunder storm and it got harder and harder to move until eventually I had to hold onto a railing to stop myself flying back. Then I decided I needed my parents to come collect me but I had no means to contact them, luckily this women with a pushchair passed me (she didn't seem to be affected by the storm) and said "Do you need to borrow my phone?" and I said yes. I tried looking for my parents contacts but I couldn't find them, but at that point my Dad came down the alleyway with his bike and his riding gear (he's gone a bit exercise crazy) and asked if I needed collecting. At that moment a door opened and as I walked through I went into one of my classrooms, inside some people were trying to wrap up quality street tins and awkward shaped presents but they were doing it wrong and were wasting so much paper. So I decided to try and help them but then my alarm went off and I woke up.

17. finalform32 Merlin's Housekeeper

Last night, after a depressing thought, i had a dream i was eating dinner with the girl i like at my house. we were all jokeing, including my family, and i managed to eat the last pierogi. The depressing thought is exactly that what happened in my dream would never happen for real, and that i fear she hates me. (even though she probably doesnt, but im sort of pessimistic) but the dream came AFTER the thought. Anybody know what all of this seems to mean?

18. P Banned

Even if all dreams have a root in the subconscious, it's not easy, or even always possible, to decipher. Freudian psychology sounds nice, but it has very little basis in fact. In some cases, it's easy enough to figure out what it means. "Oh, you had a dream about a girl you like? That means you like them." In other cases though, it's significantly harder to come to a conclusion, and drawing a conclusion from them can be dangerous, for fear of the conclusion being wrong.

See? This is why nice dreams are cruel. The 'message' of the dream is that you want this to happen. It won't happen though, which is why it's such a depressing dream. It's hope masquerading as reality for a brief moment, and when the mask comes off, it makes the difference between hope and reality all the more obvious.

19. finalform32 Merlin's Housekeeper

ahhh.... i'd rather you word it as: "It probably won't happen." it's not impossible. I just want it too happen that bad. and I only have a fear that nothing like that will ever happen. or that she hates me. But thanks, it makes a bit more sense now...

20. P Banned

I meant the exact dream. You have a chance with her, yes. But the possibility of the exact dream becoming reality? I'd say that's close enough to zero to be impossible.