Does KH2 Need a Remastered Soundtrack?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by A Zebra, May 22, 2014.

?

Does KH2's Music Need an HD Makeover?

1. YES

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. NO

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

It's not the way it's composed it's how it's recorded is why it sounds like that. You don't have a 50 member orchestra playing with only about 10 hanging ceiling mic. They have maybe a 10-15 players each with a mic hooked up to there instruments. They are going for a studio recorded orchestra not an open stage orchestra. 1.5 is live but not an open staged orchestra recording like what you linked.

2. Krowley Moderator

For Birth by sleep, yes it would be lovely to hear a remastered soundtrack because the new tracks were only heard through PSP quality audio. Granted I'm sure it sounds better if reserved outside the PSP codecs, but when you look at something like Vector to the Heaven on the DS, you think; "Wow, this is a really great track." And then you hear it on the PS3, remaster and all, and think; "Wow, I can hear every instrument and so much more quality outside the confines of the portable system. It sounds so much more amazing now."

3. Arch Mana Knight

Yes. It does. I'm not sure if KH2 had a higher quality soundtrack than KH1 but I'd really love to at least hear BBS's OST redone. Mostly just for Terra's theme, Rage Awakened, and Black Powder.

KH1 got the soundtrack makeover. So it'd be a little strange to not do the same for KH2.

4. A Zebra Chaser

Honestly if anything KH2 would be remastered to BBS' standards

5. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

The remasters aren't that important to me, but it would be interesting to see a remaster of Rage Awakened and Sacred Moon.

6. EmilyCupcakeee Merlin's Housekeeper

I don't think it's needed but I think for certain songs it'd be 10x better. Like Lazy Afternoons, The !3th Struggle (I don't think they re-did this for 1.5), and a couple others

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I don't think it's necessary, per se, but it would be pretty darn nice~

8. A Zebra Chaser

They didn't remaster any Re:CoM songs except for the final Marluxia fight. Unlike KH1 and KH2, Re:CoM and BBS use prerocorded music, much higher quality than either of those two.

The easiest comparison is the violin[DOUBLEPOST=1401072094][/DOUBLEPOST]
    A lot of people forget, it didn't even sound like that, it sounded like this:

9. Twero Traverse Town Homebody

I still prefer this version, although it's a fan-mixed, they really intensify everything the music has to offer: