Do you know anyone who hates Kingdom Hearts?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by ReverofEnola, Jul 13, 2013.

1. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Like the title of the thread says and if so, do you know the reasoning?
    [​IMG]

2. Mish smiley day!

Hate is a strong word lol.

My friend's boyfriend dislikes the game. He was already in his 20s when he gave the first game a shot, and he just got frustrated with it and ended up hating Sora. Kingdom Hearts is kind of a niche game, and it doesn't surprise me when people aren't fans.

3. 61 No. B

No, but I don't know anyone irl who likes it either.

I can completely understand on every level why someone wouldn't like KH, especially in recent games.

4. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Nope and if someone does, I'm not complaining. Just let those haters hate.....

Anyways, I can pretty understand why anyone would hate Kingdom Hearts. Confusing storyline, annoying characters (for them that is.), etc.

5. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

How could you hate kingdom hearts that's like saying you hate Disney.

6. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

I know people who hate Disney. Yes, horrible, I know.

7. Key of Awakening Merlin's Housekeeper

Yes, I've met some people who hate Kingdom Hearts. Then again, I've also met people who hated it without even trying it ._. . Though they can hate it all they want, I'm still loving it :P.

8. TheMindlessNightmare Moogle Assistant

My friends dislike the game. Mainly because they think it is childish. They won't even try it out :/

9. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I don't think so, but I do know this guy who doesn't really care for it. Either way, if I ever met someone who hated KH I'd be surprised, but let him hate it anyway.
    Well that's sad. There's nothing wrong with being childish. It what makes life fun for me.

10. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

My mom. lol not really

but she calls its "that final fantasy game or something"

11. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Haha my dad doesn't like Kingdom Hearts due to it's silly nature and Disney features. However he doesn't complain when I play a Final Fantasy Game. My mom doesn't care one bit. However both of them generated their opinions from when I am playing they don't know about the story or it's characters :D .

12. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Because there aren't parents in the world that are so damn **** the kids can't watch anything other than what they choose, sometimes causing the kids to not like Disney.

Basically this. I know one person, but she's not a huge fan.

And the thing about not liking it, I do admit that the series is still good, but the recent games haven't been as amazing as the numbered entries.

It may also be that KHIII was withheld too long and some people gave up.

13. Labrys King's Apprentice

Most of my friends because it's not a shooter like COD.

14. AfritxAlchemy Moogle Assistant

I, myself,don't know anyone personally who hates KH. It's definitely a good series and not as confusing as many think it is. The KH3D plot about Xehanort made sense once I delved into it. I think I have too much time on my hands...also! I'm glad KH went back to centering around the Disney worlds' stories. :D

15. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Many think it's too childish. Then, KH is a long serie, with titles which are on a lot of different consoles, so following the story is difficult (I can understand this point).

16. AfritxAlchemy Moogle Assistant

I think that too, about how others think it's kinda kiddie. Don't get me wrong though, it isn't too kiddie to me. It's kinda nice having KH-on-the-go, though. That's how I look at it, anyway. :) I'd never attack someone and get all righteous on them like, 'OMG u hav 2 pley KH, itz sooo kewl an ur liek sum kinda loozer 4 not liekin it...', y'know? lol "To each their own."

And the handhelds...may have been much better had Nomura directly directed their creation...but since he wanted all of his focus on Versus XIII (FFXV), we got less than best. That could partially be why the story got so out of control...he wasn't there to tighten the right bolts...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  17. Cherry Berry Chaser

I don't know anyone exactly who dislikes the Kingdom Hearts Games/Franchise (except for one certain individual, who hated anything in relation to "childlike objects/gaming in general etc".). However, I DO know a set of individuals who think its a 'boys' only game, and that the female gender have no place to play such a series, which is a bummer. Most of my friends have at least played Kingdom Hearts at some point in their life.

A few male relatives of mine for one, were such people.
    Ironic how I found out about the series through them (and the Final Fantasy series), but eh. ;3

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  18. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah, my roommate. My brother and I have been working very hard trying to get him to like it but he refuses. He's even played a bit of it. But NOPE. He also dislikes Disney for what they did to the musical genre.

19. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Oh my, what they did to the musical genre? D: Disney songs are a classic, but I suppose everyone has their opinions. One of my friends refuses to watch Disney but he is a bit of an old man in a young man's body so I guess he probably wouldn't like the game but I think Kingdom Hearts is not as big in the UK as it is in America and Japan because I barely know anyone else who has even heard of it let alone love/hates it.

20. Arch Mana Knight

The majority of hardcore Final Fantasy fans hate Kingdom Hearts. Oh and the majority of hardcore Final Fantasy fans hate Final Fantasy("Final Fantasy __ ruined the series!") so...nobody can really take their opinion over anything seriously. Most of my friends from back in high school loved Kingdom Hearts. So I didn't really know anyone personally who hated it.