Dissidia: Marvel vs Capcom Redux

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Lite, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lite The Future

OOC THREAD

Cosmos, The Goddess of Harmony
    Chaos, The God of Discord

Long before Chaos and Cosmos took warriors from the universe we know as Final Fantasy, their options were much wider. At least, it seemed wider for them. You see, they chose warriors from universes we know as Marvel and Capcom, yet within those universes lie countless worlds, each inhabiting battle-ready warriors.

Now begins the battle for the fate of the Multiverse.

Now for the rules:
    1. Be kind to other role-players. We don't need fights breaking out. If you have a problem, please kindly bring it to their attention and attempt to work it out as politely as possible.
    2. Don't Godmod/Powerplay. Only I can do that. Don't worry, I'll only do it when it's absolutely necessary.
    3. No killing off other character's without the owner's permission. That's just rude.
    4. Once a character is taken, it's taken. No exceptions.
    5. For now, we're going to start with a maximum or 2 characters. I'll be playing four at first, but that's because of the story. I'll most likely raise that limit as time goes on.
    6. I'll allow swearing, but don't go overboard with it. There are children on this website.
    7. Have fun! That's what RPing is all about, right?

MARVEL:
    Venom- DarkTraitor
    Cletus Kasady/Carnage- Boy Wonder
    Iron Man- NemesisPrime
    X-23- Ventus108

CAPCOM:
    Vergil- DarkTraitor
    Phoenix Wright- ÃeađρooᏝ
    Miles Edgeworth- ÃeađρooᏝ
    Samanosuke Akechi- TwilightBlader
    X- Machina
    Zero- Boy Wonder
    Amaterasu- Ventus108

Characters with Red-Colored names are Chaos Warriors.
    Characters with Cream-Colored names are Cosmos Warriors.

This time around, Cosmos and Chaos have taken locations from both of these worlds to form the battleground, though there are still some areas that were there to begin with. The map below will show where each location is:

[​IMG]

Areas with Red-Colored names are Chaos-Controlled
    Areas with Black-Colored names are Neutral
    Areas with Cream-Colored names are Cosmos-Controlled.

Now for each faction's intro:

Cosmos
    In the sanctuary sat Cosmos, The Goddess of Harmony, where she had just finished explaining the situation to her new warriors, Vergil, Iron Man, Samanosuke, and X. "...So you see, that is why I have brought you here, to fight the forces of Chaos and help protect peace throughout the Multiverse." She said to her warriors. "Before I give you your first assignment, allow me to introduce my assistant. Mr. Wright, could you come here please?" Cosmos called. Next to her throne, a small light glimmered, and suddenly it grew much brighter before fading almost instantly. At Cosmos's side now stood a tall man with black, spiked-back hair, wearing a blue suit. He held several papers in his hands. "Reporting for duty, Cosmos." The man said. Cosmos smiled at him. "Everyone, this is Phoenix Wright, he will be providing you with the information you need to carry out your mission." Cosmos said before Phoenix stepped forward. "Right. So your first mission is to capture the city of Fortuna, just west of here. The reason we're sending you is because there have been several demon sightings there and we need to cleanse it before the demons leak out into the other areas." He explained. "Before you go, I've got maps for each of you." He stepped up to Vergil, "One for you..." Then Iron Man, "One for you..." Then Samanosuke, "One for you..." Then X-23, "One for you... Then to Amaterasu, but he had to place the map in her mouth, "One for you... And finally X, "And one for you. There. Any questions before you set out?"

Chaos
    Sitting upon his throne in the Edge of Madness was Chaos, The God of Discord. After explaining the reason why he took the warriors from their worlds, he called his assistant. "Edgeworth! Come back here immediately!" Chaos called. In front of his throne in a ball of flame was a man wearing a dark red suit. "At your service, my liege." The man said, bowing to his master. "Give them the details on their first assignment." Chaos ordered. "Certainly. But before that allow me to introduce myself. My name is Miles Edgeworth, an expert persecutor and one hell of a-*ahem* excuse me, I meant to say Chaos's assistant. Now, on to your first assignment." Miles said as some papers appeared in his hands in a ball of flames. "On this map you will see that we are in the area marked as "Throne of Chaos". Outside of that is Hell. A demon named Mephisto runs that place, but he has been ordered to keep his demons at bay while you move through it. You must traverse through Hell and up the "Stairway to Damnation" to reach this area here, the "Lake of Souls". You must capture it by defeating the rogue demons that inhabit the area." He explained as he gave a map to each warrior. "Once you have successfully completed your mission, you will report back here immediately. Any questions?"

Now you've got your intro's, so you may begin.

2. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

"I don't see any problem. Bust up the bad guys and report back, seems simple enough. Cap, you with me?"

3. Hiro ✩ Guardian

X-23 looked at all her allies. "I'm the second best at what I do." she told them all, "So stay out of my way."

Amaterasu observed the people she had to work with... The one called X-23 seemed to have a firey personality. Amaterasu respected this.

4. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I never cared about justice...

and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero.

As he turned and started to walk, his footsteps made metallic thuds against the ground. This was a special situation...thought that was irrelevant. All that mattered was the mission he was given. As his long, blond hair flowed freely over his back. A small white handle protruded from beneath, right behind his shoulder. His left hand raised to grab the handle as he stopped walking, though he did not remove it. The Maverick-turned Repliod turned his head, revealing sharp, blue eyes. "None."
    And with that, he proceeded to walk away towards his objective.

5. Lite The Future

Chaos Players read here:

In the distance in the direction of the warriors' objective, was a large purple aura spearing from the Lake of Souls. A loud yell could be heard from that direction as well. Miles was genuinely surprised by this, as he didn't see anything that powerful there before. "What the..." He said before Chaos cut him off. "It's just one of the demons. Your mission still stands: Go to the lake and destroy any demons there. DO NOT confuse them with the demons inside our walls. If a demon lies within Hell's gates, it is not our enemy. Any demon spotted outside the gates are to be eradicated." Chaos ordered. Miles jumped up to Chaos's side to whisper something to him. "Sir, what if it's that demon?" Miles asked quietly. "It matters not. They have their mission, they will carry it out without fail." Chaos whispered back.

OOC: Don't worry Cosmos players, I've got something in store for you too!

6. Pinekaboo Chaser

Questions? the son of Sparda thought to himself, looking with detached interest towards this... 'Phoenix' person.
    "If it's demons that you need slaying, I don't need any help." he stated plainly, turning his back. "Do not get in my way."
    And with that he walked straight out, towards the objective with no intention to fight alongside the others.

~~~

Edward Brock, Venom, growled -- or perhaps purred? -- at the loud sound that echoed across the land.
    "Something worthy or fighting usss?" he (they?) hissed, his (their?) fingers twitching in excitement, before he followed the others out.

OOC: Sorry for the short post, wasn't sure exactly how to begin. Normally it'll probably be more than this.

7. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

Samanosuke nodded in appriciation to Wright as he took the map that was handed to him. Closing his eyes Samanosuke let out a sigh at the situation. With the soul of the genma warlord Nobunaga still in his gauntlet, it seemed his quest to seal the soul away would have to be put off for now. Cosmos needed his help and the samurai was willing to grant it. After giving it a glance, Samanosuke rolled up his map and glanced over at Vergil as he left. Respecting Vergil's choice to work alone Samanosuke turned his attention back at Wright. "that should be all. I shall be on my way now" Samanosuke said turning away from the group.

8. Lite The Future

Phoenix smiled and waved as the warriors left for their mission. After the Sanctuary was cleared out, he took his place next to Cosmos. "I, uh, I don't mean to worry you, your Highness, but I've been getting an odd feeling. Like I'm sensing something from the distance." He said, scratching the back of his head. "Oh? And what would that be, Mr. Wright?" Cosmos asked. "Well, if you take a look over that way, you can see a slight purple aura. My guess it's somewhere around the Lake of Souls." Phoenix explained. "Yes. I noticed it too. And it worries me. But I don't want to risk pitting our warriors against Chaos's just yet." Cosmos said before leaning closer to Phoenix, "And that's why I planted those demons in Fortuna. To test them." Cosmos added. Phoenix's eyes widened when she said that, but he wasn't surprised. "Well, I guess it's better to be sure that they're capable instead of just sending them out there blindly. I just hope whatever's at the Lake isn't anything too threatening..."

9. Arch Mana Knight

X was sorely disappointed in the attitudes of the other warriors. He refrained from speaking out as he did not wish to quarrel but he knew the best option was teamwork. If everyone acted as a lone wolf it would be far too easy for them to fail. He looked at the map an in nanoseconds memorized the entire thing. It was an advantage to not being of flesh and blood. "We won't let you down, Cosmos." X stated as he followed behind the others, keeping in the back so that none of the others would stray away from the pack.

10. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    "Oh, lighten up, Astro-boy!" Laughed Cletus Kasady as patted Zero on the back, walking by. "Can't you see? This is it! The perfect chance to do some good, ol'fashioned, slaughtering!" He raised his arms to the sky, laughing. He was topless, every inch of skin on his torso showing. His red hair was matted with sweat, though it was from excitement. "Hehe," he raised both hands to his face, rubbing his cheek with one and biting the fingernails of the other. "And I don't think any oversized bugs in tights are here to stop us." He began to laugh, thinking of all of the blood he could shed without interference. As his body shook anxiously, his blood started to pour out from his skin, covering his body. His blood solidified, but continued to extend, becoming tendrils that whipped around his body. "What do you think, you Hulk-wannabe?" He growled at Venom as he flaunted his new form. As opposed to his usual black-adorned suit with the unhinged jaw and jagged, Spider-Man-like eyes, the symbiote was now tight against his skin. It extended past his fingers into sharp claws and his teeth were even sharper fangs, with no lips to hold them back. The only non-red on him were his eyes, both simply pure white. Like always, the Carnage symbiote whipped from Cletus' body in tendrils. "Sure, it's a bit too form-fitting for my tastes, but definitely more au naturel, don't cha think, darlin'?"

I never cared about justice...

and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero.

If emotion was something he was capable of, Zero would have been put off. His two allies, they were so alike...but so different. He could feel it. As the man in front of him became enveloped in some red substance and the other one, the muscled bulk covered in a similar black substance, contemplated the mission, Zero almost shivered. Pure evil...he could feel it from the red one. Pure hatred...the black one emanated it. Carnage and Venom were their names...what were they? "Not that it matters," Zero decided as he resumed to walk, ignoring his comrades in Chaos, "There's only foe...and these two." He didn't consider them 'allies.' Just...non-foes.

11. Pinekaboo Chaser

What questions would need to be asked? the first son of Sparda thought to himself as he continued walking towards their designated destination.
    They are the enemy. We destroy them, then continue on towards Chaos himself. It's simple, so why does there need to be so many of us?
    Sounds came from all around him. He had strayed further ahead than he had realised, not that he particularly cared, and the sounds he heard... they must have been the demons they were told about.
    "...very well." Vergil voiced aloud, throwing his hands out to his side but refusing to draw Yamato. "If it's death you desire, then come and take it."

~~~

"You look ridiculous." Venom uttered bluntly to his fellow symbiote, turning his head away. "Are you trying to look more like our nemesis, or do you just enjoy people hating you?"
    He certainly wasn't pulling any punches with his spawn; he despised him, just as it should be between symbiote and son. Any other way was wrong. Perverse. The humans that surrounded them would likely never understand.

12. Lite The Future

OOC: Sorry for the lack of life in this RP. I shall attempt to spring it to life.

Cosmos
    Just outside Cosmos's sanctuary lie a large mansion, with a bald man in a wheelchair sitting outside of it. As Cosmos's warriors passed, the man rolled himself over to them. "You must be Cosmos's new warriors." The man said. "And you also must be on your way to Fortuna. Yes, there have been many demon sightings in and around there. I hope you are all able to contain it." He added. "But where are my manners, my name is Professor Xavier, or Professor X for short. I am here to supply a place of refuge for Cosmos's warriors. That place being this mansion behind me. If you ever need a place to rest, come right here. Rooms have been made for each of you to fit your specific needs." The man explained. Just then, in the direction of Fortuna, several black holes could be seen opening and closing, each dropping a creature to the ground. "It seems the demons are getting closer. Hurry, go now. I'm sure their leader resides over there."

He was right. Atop one of Fortuna's buildings, a creature of pure darkness was opening dark holes to the Dark Dimension, summoning demons to overtake Fortuna, and soon after the rest of this dimension. "Yes, my children, spread across this forsaken city and claim it as your own. Soon this entire dimension will belong to the Dread Lord!"

Chaos
    Standing outside the exit of Chaos's Throne stood a red haired, red skinned demon. He bowed as Chaos's warriors stepped out. "Welcome to Hell warriors. I am Mephistopheles, or more commonly known as Mephisto." He said as he stood back up. "As Chaos and his butler have already told you, there have been a few rogue demons roaming outside the gates of Hell without permission. However, that is no longer your mission. It seems that since you have been given those orders, a new demon has come and eradicated the rogues himself. Here is a picture I attempted to take of him while he was in battle. It isn't the best, but it will have to do." Mephisto snapped his fingers and pictures appeared in everyone's hands. "However, this means that there is a large threat looming over us. I need you to go to the lake and take it out by any means necessary. Understood?"

OOC: Hopefully that gets things sped up.

13. Pinekaboo Chaser

Finally locating the exact position that his enemy occupied, Vergil threw a single volley of Summoned Swords at the so-called 'Dread Lord', attempting to get it's attention.
    "I do not appreciate being ignored." he said, glaring up at the creature.

~~~

"Point ussss at him, and we will tear him limb-from-limb." Venom replied to Mephistopheles, his tongue rolling around between his hanging-open jaws in what was likely the symbiote equivalent of excitement.

14. Lite The Future

The Dark creature opened a black hole in the path of Vergil's Summoned Swords, sending them to an unknown realm. "Who dares?" He yelled, turning around to see who his potential assailant was. "So you're Cosmos's so-called warriors." He taunted as he teleported down to the group. "You know not what you are dealing with. Especially you, Son of Sparda." The demon said, pointing his purple finger at Vergil. "I have no need to fight you myself. I will have the mindless ones deal with you." He said as he snapped his fingers, creating several dark portals, each spawning several rock-like creatures with a single horizontal eye. "Attack, my servants! Keep them away from Fortuna!" Dormammu commanded as he teleported away, letting The Mindless Ones do the work.

OOC: Okay, to keep the action fresh, I'm going to let you the players control your battles. So in this case, you can have your character fight as many Mindless Ones as you like. Once everyone has posted their fight against one or more Mindless One, I will continue with this.
    Reference for Cosmos players who don't know what The Mindless Ones are: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindless_Ones

~~

Mephisto chuckled at Venom's strange eagerness to fight. "He is over that way, my child. Just take the long stair way, it will bring you right to his location." Mephisto said, pointing toward the Stairway to Damnation. "I am no longer of any use to you. The only thing I can give you now is a wish of good luck. Goodbye, warriors." Mephisto said as he disappeared.

OOC: If you'd rather just skip to the Stairs of Damnation, go right ahead.

15. Pinekaboo Chaser

A single Mindless One ran towards Vergil, who stood there and allowed the creature to approach without much care.
    A moment before it struck, the son of Sparda simply ceased to be there, suddenly being behind the being, and elbowing it harshly to the ground, though it dumbly climbed back to it's feet in mere moments.
    "It seems that you are not as useless as you appear." he stated, slowly drawing Yamato from it's sheath as it approached him again. "But there is one thing that should sit deep within all demons minds."
    The blade was drawn, and Vergil was suddenly behind the creature again, the legendary katana extended to his side. Moments later the mook was cleaved in two, falling to the ground unmoving once more.
    "Might controls everything... and without might, you are nothing."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.