Kingdom Hearts Can I go back to Monstro?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Shikou, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

I remember that I cant go back to Monstro because it keeps saying "Monstro is gone. Lets go before he comes back." or something like that. Im trying to get all of the 99 missing puppies and there are some still inside that world. Is it possible to go back?

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

it's possible, but I've never figured out how. I've had that before, and I just figured it was just coincidence or something

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

It's completely random whether he's there or not after completing Monstro.
    Simply keep warping there, and he'll show up eventurally.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

until you get tired of never getting him and you just wait till you get the White Trinity limit and go back and for some reason finally get him. I swear, that was annoying beyond belief

5. Saxima [screams geometrically]

It is possible to go back to Monstro, but since he is a whale, he's going to move and sometimes he won't be there. I believe that you can access him during random times, but I'm sure there's no pattern to it.

6. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Basically this.

As with any random event it is best to go in on a "clean slate" with the odds. By that I mean save somewhere, attempt to go to Monstro, if you fail just reset the game (Start+Select+L1+L2+R1+R2 all at once) and try again.

7. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

I dont think I have the White Trinity. In case I dont how can I get it?
    I got my game used at a PAWN Shop and it had scratches on it. Could that be the problem why I cant go back?
    Maybe the PS2 cant read/load it for some reason.

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

I believe Sora gets White Trinity after completing the first visit to Hollow Bastion.

9. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

Yeah, I should have it by now.
    My save is at "The End Of The World".

10. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Unlikely, just keep trying. Probably just bad luck.

Rather early actually, IIRC you actually can't leave Hollow Bastion without it.

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

yeah, you get the White Trinity after beating Riku the first time.

12. Arch Mana Knight

Is it actually random? When I wanted to revisit Monstro I did it the old fashioned way and didn't warp. Instead I manually went through the path where you encounter Monstro(I forget in between which two worlds it was) but after the Gummi Ship mini game I got swallowed up by Monstro. I kinda thought that was the trick to revisiting it.

13. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Huh, if only. I did that too, but I ended up going all the way from agrabah to atlantica so many times

14. Llave Superless Moderator

I was always under the impression that you couldn't leave till you saved Pinocchio... Guess I was never the daring type to leave partway. But if you beat the heartless and leave via game progression, I believe he remains in the same spot.

As for leaving earlier, I did hear you can go back, could it be a game glitch for you or just poor timing?

15. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

I did try going manually without warping and I still dont see the world.

16. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Well there is motive to go back even if you did finish the story. In particular the White Trinity. But if you do leave early it does lead to my favorite alternate scenes of the game.

Did you try my bit on reloading the game between attempts to go to Monstro? It really does help. Also proves usful for mushrooms.

17. Iskandar King of Conquerors

wait....you can leave early? I've always figured that you needed to save that puppet-who-ruined-my-childhood before you were allowed to leave. Mind showing me that alternate scene?

18. Mixt The dude that does the thing

You are required to land in Monstro and nothing more. you can beat the whole game without high jump.

Unfortunately there aren't any good videos out there for it. One of the ones that I'm going to put in the archive once I get everything set up for KH1. Though at the rate that is going, I may just have to give it a run as is.

19. Iskandar King of Conquerors

huh, I always figured you were required to get through monstro. I never knew it was optional. But, if you go back there after later in the game, what happens? Can you describe it?
    And I don't think I could manage to get through that game without high jump. Even with it there are some places you can barely get to

20. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Well the big thing about Monstro is your interaction with Riku, but at endgame you aren't seeing your friend Riku on the side of dark, you're seeing Ansem possessing Riku's body. So he tends to ignore you and such