Breaking Benjamin

Discussion in 'Music' started by 61, Aug 20, 2014.

1. 61 No. B

Only other thread I saw is long dead so I'm making another. Plus there's an occasion.

They've finally returned.
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3309345/breaking-benjamin-announces-return/

It's honestly a little surreal for me. I had come to the place in my mind where I assumed they would never be back after all of the legal trouble and there being no news for so long even after it was settled. I'm indescribably excited.

However because of the entirely different lineup minus Ben, I'm both anxious about and excited for the future of the band. Given that Ben is the primary song-writer I doubt their music will be affected too much, though it's still very sad that the other guys are gone.

Can't wait to finally be getting new stuff from one of my long-time favorite bands again.

2. Arch Mana Knight

Given that Ben was what made Breaking Benjamin stand out from being "just another generic rock band" I'm okay with the change. Jasen used to be in RED(a similar sounding band) so that's nice. Apparently the other new guitarist, Keith Wallen, used to be in Adelitas Way. I think I've heard one or two songs from them and they were alright. The new bassist and drummer really aren't too relevant in this context unless Breaking Benjamin start doing far more musically interesting things...so just about anybody would do fine in the band.

Super excited. The teenager in me is squealing.

3. 61 No. B

http://instagram.com/p/s5suriPYZT

yesterday they posted pictures while in the studio and i just cant even handle it
    I check for news constantly. One of these days something will be there

4. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I like that "I will not bow" track. I thinks it's the only one I ever heard from them.

5. 61 No. B

what i would have given to have been at one of the comeback shows

6. 61 No. B

[​IMG]

BrBe never changes. There are positives to that, but that also means they never progress. Maybe they feel that now is a time to play it safe, I don't know, but at least new music is a reality. So while I would like to see them experiment more, at least I can take solace in knowing that I can rely on them to consistently put out stuff that appeals to the younger me. The new album cover is indicative of the format of their older ones (I always loved the consistency of the name and title placement on their releases. It doesn't mean anything, it's just a cool gimmick.), but considering the near-complete overhaul of the lineup and coming off a hiatus that lasted the better part of a decade, I wonder if now wasn't the time to change things a little. This doesn't really satisfy my musical tastes now, but it's nice to know that a band that used to be a favorite is alive and kicking again.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  7. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

;_; the crowd didn't completely suck either. Looks like I'll be listening to these guys today. Brings back memories.

8. 61 No. B

song is getting dangerously catchy the more I listen.
    has some very nice vocal melodies throughout.

9. Arch Mana Knight

Catchy song. Sounds like their bassist might be better than the previous. Only saying that because it sounds a bit more prominent than their previous albums. Hm...this new song doesn't sound "huge" though. The guitars aren't filling the soundspace very well. I guess that just means their production is dated...or progressive metal has spoiled me so much.

Dat album art. Best looking one yet.

10. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

It would be nice to have something to listen to other then their last two albums over and over. Although Diary of Jane never gets old.