Bleach Chapter 616

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Vagineer, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Well, Bleach is getting more interesting nowadays....

Ukitake becoming a part of the soul king and The Troll King (Aizen) is back in action.....

MY BODY IS READY!!!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  2. Noise For Love and Justice

I think I stopped like...16 chapters ago...

But now I might get back on it.

3. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Well two chapters ago...
    Ichigo finished off the Soul King against his own will
    So you missed quite a bit.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

It took them forever to finally get to that part of the book though.

It'll be interesting if they actually make Sosuke kill Bach and he tries to become Soul King. At that point, he'd just be the main Antagonist of the whole series all over again

5. 61 No. B

oh my god kubo is so aggravating
    It's baffling how little understanding he seems to have of basic storytelling conventions.
    He created a tense, interesting situation, and then immediately dissolves it the next chapter. As a reader, how am I supposed to care about and feel the gravity of this situation when the characters are given an out as soon as it happens? And Aizen ****ing sucks. I do not understand why he's so beloved. He's like Arrow's Slade Wilson. He's just better than everyone else for no real reason and his motivations are laughably superficial.
    I'm considering dropping Bleach for the first time. I'd been telling myself that I should see it through to the end since I'd been with it for so long, but now I'm thinking that it reflects negatively on me that I continually read something so atrocious. Things like this being praised as good is why I tend to look down on anime, even though I know that's a gross generalization.

6. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

If Ukitake is now the right hand...Aizen should be the d*** of the Soul King, since he likes to f*** people over! XD

7. Arch Mana Knight

That's exactly why I loved Aizen. He was so OP...just because. WHEN WERE YOU UNDER THE IMPRESSION I WASN'T USING IT? WHEN WERE YOU UNDER THE IMPRESSION AIZEN WOULDN'T COME BACK? WHEN WERE YOU-

Honestly, Bleach has been getting boring lately with nothing happening. It's as if the pre-fight talks from DBZ were magnified 100 fold. Recent chapter finally made things more interesting.

8. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Well Aizen does not seem to be too much of a bad guy as I thought he was. He wants to kill the Soul King because he wanted to be the new Soul King or at least find a way to find someone to be a better Soul King since he does not like how the Soul Society is now. Even though his methods are bad, and he disposes anyone who is now useless to his plans (Like Harribel)

Yhwach on the other hand, wants to kill the Soul King so that Hueco Mundo, The Human World, the Dangai and Soul Society will all revert back to a place filled with endless chaos.

So basically...Aizen is like an anti-hero perhaps?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  9. Arch Mana Knight

I like this. Let's roll with it. So Aizen must out-troll Yhwach(man, I wish his name was still being translated as Juha).

Butterfly versus ...a German...not...butterfly?

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I think when your plan involves destroying all life as it is, you're a villain, no matter what your reasons

11. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Well he did try to sacrifice thousands and thousands of souls to create a key to the Soul Palace...

12. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

13. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Now I remember why a lot of people hated Aizen... XD

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Since when were you under the impression that people hated Aizen?

15. Noise For Love and Justice

I will probably just wait till its all over...or till the anime comes back (if that is a thing).

I just...I have read every chapter since before the big invasion arc years ago. After they killed Aizen and moved to that stupid and boring Xcrusion or whatever arc, I lost interest.

16. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Yeah, Xcution was pretty stupid, but it got better with the final arc. Also, you won't get much luck with the anime, since Kubo has already stated that he doesn't plan on making the last arc into an anime. He may change his mind a while after he finishes, but for now I think that was still his stance on it.

17. 61 No. B

xcution is stand-alone the single best thing in bleach
    there's some actual substance and character stuff going on
    it wasnt fun to read weekly, but going back it's kinda great (for bleach)

18. Iskandar King of Conquerors

It just seems weird since it's still hard for me to fully understand what was going on with xcution

I just don't understand what the reasoning behind Xcution was with Ginjo and everyone grabbing Ichigo's powers. Were they after the Soul Society? Did they want to wage war against something else? I just don't understand Ginjo's reasons for why he did all that stuff.

And while i'm on the subject of Ginjo, why haven't they brought him into the story already? We saw how many chapters ago that he was training at SHukaku's place and they would take part in the next invasion, but there's been no sign of them. Ganju showed up, but even then it wasn't really like he did much of a fighting role.

19. 61 No. B

Let me preface this by saying that Bleach has never been the most sensible thing out there, but it was some kind of convoluted way for them to get rid of their powers, which they considered a blight on their humanity. Ginjou had his own thing going on where he wanted revenge for being manipulated as a Substitute (I think) and I don't remember a thing about what Tsuki was doing. I think he may have dedicated himself to assisting Ginjou for saving him or some nonsense. I don't know. It's Bleach, motivations don't exist.

yes that is a signature technique of Kubo. set up something potentially fascinating, forget about it for hundreds of chapters, and then totally ruin it when it finally pays off. He doesn't realize that the longer you wait for the payoff, expectations keep rising until people stop caring. Like those bodies hanging from the ceiling in Hueco Mundo that were the topic of many speculative discussions that were only passively mentioned like 150 chapters later when no one cared anymore.

20. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Oh yeah, Heuco Mundo...wasn't that Grimmjow on the other side of the video feed?