Film Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Gamefreak103, Jul 21, 2013.

1. 61 No. B

god I'm not even sure if I'm going to like this but I'm so excited for it if out of nothing but morbid curiosity. I kinda wish they weren't lifting so much from Returns, since that seems to be what they're doing, but at the same time I can't help but get all kinds of giddy because they're doing Returns and that's awesome. I have such mixed feelings about all of this. Imo it will either be really good or really, really bad.

2. 61 No. B

3. Arch Mana Knight

99% sure all of them will have Batman shoehorned in them somewhere. No. I'm not joking. And nine isn't surprising. Marvel has about as many(or more?) planned with most of them being untitled so far.

4. 61 No. B

The difference is that Marvel's has proven itself and DC's is only one movie in. I know anything with Batman or Superman in the title will sell, but they're trying to compete with Marvel without understanding why Marvel's worked. I kind of don't even want the DC "cinematic universe" if MoS (don't get me wrong, I love MoS) is any indication of what it will be like and Batman is going to be in everything which he absolutely will. And even if MoS isn't indicative of what it will be like, it's not something I need.

also, can we change the "vs." in the title to "v." since that's the actual title

5. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Actually is Batman Vs uperman, it will be a gigantic plot twist because people would think Superman would fight against Batman, when in truth he will team up with batman to destroy the evil Uperman.

6. Hayabusa Venomous

That's actually to me the most predictable plot twist possible. Why the hell would DC make their two biggest guns have a real battle in only the second film of their planned cinematic universe?

Also, who the hell is Uperman.

7. 61 No. B

to pander
    I think there will be *a* fight, I don't think you get around that when reading from Returns and showing Batman in a metal suit, but I don't think it will be the big third act fight either.

I mean Ultraman is a thing. I think it would be hilarious if Ultraman turned out to be the bad guy.

8. burnitup Still the Best 1973

But Menos clearly wrote "Uperman," not "Ultraman."

9. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

The title is "Batman V Superman" , but in truth will be "Batman Vs <-Uperman" (now that the joke is explained there is no fun whatsoever)

10. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I needed the joke explained, but I laughed way too hard once I got it.

Anyway, it's a trend in comic books that whenever two superheroes meet for the first time (and even when they just run into each other in the same issue sometimes), they have to fight. Avengers did it and is still doing it: Iron Man vs. Thor vs. Cap, Hulk vs. Everyone, Hawkeye (though he was brainwashed) vs. Black Widow. Even looking at some of the other movies: Iron Man and Black Widow had a semi-altercation in IM2, Iron Man and War Machine in IM2, Thor and SHIELD in Thor, Cap and Winter Soldier (though he's not a hero yet) in The Winter Soldier, etc. So, I'm not surprised nor disappointed that Batman and Superman are doing it. Now, apparently modeling the whole film around the aspect? Yeah, that may be a bit much, but I'm hoping Snyder leaves it so Bats and Supes aren't best of friends at the end and still distrust each other (maybe that's why it isn't called World's Finest? Because it a World's Finest movie yet). I mean, from what I've been reading about Bruce Wayne contributing to Metropolis' restoration and even the recently leaked set photos of Affleck as Wayne rushing to save someone, Bruce definitely sees Superman as an unnatural threat beyond the means of regular authorities and if there's one thing he was around for as Batman, it was to deal with those threats, even if he tried to keep it in Gotham. The leaked SDCC footage of armored Batman does lead a little bit too much into TDKR territory for me, but we still don't know the context. Maybe they're not about to fight, maybe Batman is actually gearing up for battle with the big bad and calls Superman to meet him for help after they mash it out.

Also, Zack Snyder defending Aquaman while dodging the issue of whether or not he'll be in the movie:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=105654

oh and
    http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/watch-more-batman-vs-superman-set-video

11. 61 No. B

Good on you Zack Snyder, Aquaman needs to be defended so people can come off of these misinformed ideas of what the character is based on a show like 90% of them don't know exists, but don't you dare get any ideas about directing an Aquaman movie. He's far too delicate of a character and can't afford his one film to be known as a slam-bang action fest. Whenever this happens it needs to be really good.
    I'm also kind of pissed that the guy who got the role isn't blonde. Maybe that's a little dumb, but there's enough brown-haired superheroes.

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Filming has been wrapped up for this (same week as Fantastic Four from Fox and Ant-Man from Marvel). Still have like...a year and a half of post-production, but MAYBE we'll get a teaser this month, if not in the next couple of months before an actual trailer next summer (that's my guess, anyway).

13. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Here's a first look at Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor:

[​IMG]

Gonna take me a while to get used to seeing Jesse Eisenberg bald.

14. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

...That...is a little uncanny. o.O

I will say that he looks the part more than I thought he would.

15. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Trailer!

16. Hayabusa Venomous

Here's the official teaser trailer:

17. Arch Mana Knight

Batman has a robot voice. But it's more intimidating than Bale's raspy "I'M BATMAN GUABABURGHLEBBLE". This movie better end with a brofist between Supes and Bats. Still worried that Superman's character will be ruined for the sake of the Batman fanboys(and girls).

18. 61 No. B

I mean, in that scene he's speaking through a mechanical suit. There's every possibility that it won't be that heavily modulated when in his regular tights. Still, his voice always has some masking too it, as it should. Everything is better than Bale's.

While not the most exciting or interesting trailer ever, it did put some of my fears at ease. They clearly have ideas and I like that they're selling the movie on those ideas rather than just Batman fighting Superman. But I would feel a lot better about this entire project and future projects if Snyder wasn't at the helm. At this point it's hard to say how much is being mandated by WB and how much influence Snyder has over the script, but the direction this trailer says they're going is the direction they should be going if we can't get a MoS 2 directly after MoS, so I'm cautiously optimistic. I love how stylized it looks.

19. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I personally don't mind the darker direction that Snyder likes, as long as it's not for every damn movie in the DCCU.

20. Hayabusa Venomous