Film Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Gamefreak103, Jul 21, 2013.

1. 61 No. B

Yesterday we got a first glimpse at the Batmobile.
    [​IMG]

And today we see what Batman looks like, and more of the Batmobile.
    [​IMG]
    awesome.
    Clearly taking a lot of influences from Returns, which we already knew.

When I first saw the Batmobile I was a little concerned that they may try to be too much like Nolan's Batman, but it seems that, at least aesthetically, they're not.

So even if everything in this movie is terrible, which is entirely possible, at least Batman looks cool.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  2. Hayabusa Venomous

I TOLD Y'ALL THAT AFFLECK CAN PULL OFF BATMAN (at least in the looks...)

But also, the suit adds to my fears that this is just going to end up as a live-action The Dark Knight Returns, where all the Batman fanboys/Superman haters will be saying that Batman beat Superman (he didn't.) I've accepted that they're not going to do much justice to Superman, but at least I want an interesting reason for the two to come into conflict.

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

When they first revealed that Batman was in the sequel, they used the famous quote from the ending of TDKR, but emphasized that they are not using the actual storyline. On that note, that would be very difficult to do as Man of Steel laid no groundwork whatsoever for a TDKR storyline.

4. Glen Returned from the dead

ALL OF MY WANT

I like superman movies. I like Batman movies. This way, I get two! Hell yeah give me this movie now!

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Affleck looks fantastic as Batman. That'll at least give the haters something to chew on until we get footage of some sort.

...But as great as he looks, I'm still worried for the plot. Not only is it Batman vs. Superman, but it's also vs. Lex Luthor (whose casting I'm wary of, but hopeful for), with Wonder Woman and Cyborg and now maybe Aquaman thrown in the mix? It's getting too crowded for a movie that's supposed to focus on two superheroes. If they manage to balance all these characters right, I will be very impressed; we all know how much Spider-Man 3 suffered from having too many villains (and I hear TASM2 has a similar problem), so who knows how much this is gonna suffer from a hero overload?

6. 61 No. B

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/m...atman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/1100-148808/

we have an official title and logo.

"Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice"

At this point I'm going to stop reiterating my feelings on how they're treating Superman because it's redundant.

I love the title. It's so cheesy and awesome because of it, which is exactly what you need if you're actually going to make something called "Justice League."

so yeah someone should edit the thread title. I want "Dawn of Justice" to be everywhere. i love it lol

7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Still surprised that they didn't go with World's Finest for the title. I like Dawn of Justice, but I think the Batman v. Superman part is unnecessary and I'm still against putting Batman's name first or the fact that his emblem is more emphasized than Superman's.

I'm starting to think that the Arrow and Flash universe is going to be a separate continuity even more than before, despite Amell's wishes. Unless Cyborg's actor is seen in Flash due to Star Labs being prominent in the series, but we'll see. They have time to figure it , but it'd be weird seeing two people as Flash in a few years, assuming the Flash show lasts.

8. 61 No. B

Yeah, this is what I have problems with. But like I said, at this point I'm just going with it. I already don't like so much about this conceptually that I'm more or less resigned to not care and just have fun with it for what it's worth.

While it would be cool to see, I almost hope they don't. What they're doing with Arrow and now Flash is already so much better than what they've done in film that I would rather see a televised continuity all it's own, and separate films not part of a continuity, which is what I've been arguing for some time now. At the end of the day this is all about making money, and with DC undoubtedly having more iconic characters that the general public knows, they don't need to have an ongoing continuity to make the public aware of these characters like Marvel did in order to make money. I mean, Rises was able to compete with Avengers of all things. I guess for characters like Flash and maybe Wonder Woman you might need something to back them up to boost ticket sales, but they're certainly more then capable of supporting a film on their own, it's just a matter of marketing at that point. And this is why I hate that so many of these characters are being introduced in a Batman and Superman movie.
    And I still want the Aquaman movie that will change hearts and minds.

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Found this on the theory on the official title.

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Oh, me gusta mucho. I'd actually heard a similar theory not long ago, that Batman is coming to Superman like "bro you're cool and all but srsly chill" while Lex Luthor, at the same time, is also using all that damage Supes did at the end of MoS to discredit and attack him, and I REALLY want all that damage and crud from the end of MoS acknowledged in-universe. You can't destroy a major city that way without consequences, even if you are the good guy.

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

First image of Superman released
    [​IMG]

12. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Good god... WOULD IT KILL THESE PEOPLE TO SHOW SOME BRIGHT COLORS FOR SUPERMAN?!

13. Arch Mana Knight

I care less about the bright colors and more about the absence of Superman's trademark hair curl. Oh, and the fact that this movie is still named "Batman vs Superman".

Kind of looks like Supes is in Gotham rather than Metropolis. Hoping he wrecks that place too.

14. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Yeah that is super weird. It is a sequel to Man of Steel, they even outright said that's what it was, and yet he doesn't get top billing. Of course since they are shoehorning a ton of other note worthy DC heroes in there they might as well call it Justice League.

And on the subject of Superman destroying a city...
    Godzilla Man of Steel.jpg

15. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

To add to the legal thing I mentioned earlier, Snyder has specifically mentioned that there's a reason why it's called "Batman v Superman" and not "Batman versus Superman" which just makes it more likely that it's a legal term (I just don't understand why that's important unless Batman actually sues Superman lol). That said, there is a current list of DC film properties coming out in the next few years. It hasn't been confirmed by WB, but the leak is...usually good. There's an actual "Man of Steel 2" on that list meaning that, if true, Dawn of Justice isn't a Man of Steel sequel but a Justice League prequel.

16. burnitup Still the Best 1973

"I posted that official picture from the Batman vs. Superman movie where Superman is in a dreary dark background looking sad and I go 'Ah, joyless and dreary. Just like Superman was always born to be.' ... If anything a Batman vs. Superman movie should be a clash of how different they are, not how similar we made these two movies." -Matt of Two Best Friends Play

Pretty much my exact thoughts on the above picture.

17. 61 No. B

18. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

To top off Wonder Woman's costume reveal (which I think is great, though a little more color would be nice), we also have a teaser shown at SDCC. Unfortunately, I didn't see the footage anywhere, BUT we do have a recap of it AND a look at Batman in...Bat-Armor.

Oh and of course
    [​IMG]

Also, close-up of Batfleck:
    [​IMG]

19. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Wonder Woman's outfit looks pretty good. I only hope Gal Gadot somehow delivers a decent performance. Unlikely, I know.

20. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training