Film Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Gamefreak103, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

2. Mysty Unknown

I think it is far too soon. I mean, the Dark Knight Trilogy was... a trilogy. Shouldn't they try to make another Superman movie or two by himself before they place him with the Dark Crusader?

3. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

I agree, especially how..."average" the man of steel movie was and its lackluster character development. He should have gotten one more movie to at least develop his character. I see this as an oncoming train wreck. It's going to star an undeveloped Superman and it's going to have to introduce a "new" batman and develop him as well. I'll probably go see the movie just to see the train wreck in motion. XD

4. 61 No. B

From what I read this isn't a Superman/Batman movie, but a Superman movie with Batman in it. That's not at all what I want. I want Superman to have his own movies, he deserves them. Typical WB over-reliance on Batman to sell things. I suspect they're scared they can't sell Man of Steel 2 without Batman since Man of Steel wasn't received too well by average moviegoers. It's a handicap to assure this movie sells. Though WB did say that if Man of Steel did well it would be the first step to their own movie continuity. I imagine this is them testing their ability to do multiple major characters on screen. Fair enough I guess, but if they're going to do a Batman/Superman movie this is not the terms I want it to be done on. It needs to be done on its own without disrupting the Man of Steel movies, and tbh needs to be done after the other JL characters get their own movies... Assuming that ever happens.

I'm not going to say that this is too soon after Nolan's Batman since Begins came out 8 years after B&R and it's not like this movie is being released next year. It will be a long time. I just hope WB doesn't decide they need to release a Batman movie before this and throw out some **** just to have it out. The problem is that WB is way too scared of taking chances. They need to get over that and realize people want to see these characters on their own terms because if they don't they're likely to make bad decisions for the sake of playing it safe (and already have). I'm honestly surprised they made Man of Steel seeing as how that movie is so far from what people would expect.

So yeah, not what I want at all but thanks... I guess. Really I'm just pissed that it seems like Superman is already being ignored even after getting one good movie and that Batman is encroaching on Superman's movies already. Is it too much to ask for Superman alone to remain big in film for a while? guess so

edit: I saw that it's coming out in 2015. That's way too soon. Not because I have a problem with there being a new Batman on screen, but because the continuity of it will confuse general audiences. I hope he's not the super dark serious character that Nolan's was, though I'm certain that's what we'll get.

5. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I Loved Man of Steel I am surprised that it didn't sold well, I only thought that ubber fans of superman might not like the tune down he received plus the darker route he went.. but for the majority of people I think he was more accessible!

About the logo it reminded me of the terrible BATMAN & ROBIN movie

6. 61 No. B

Actually, Man of Steel sold fairly well. Also, from what I've seen the Superman fans are the ones most taking up for the movie. Most of the people who don't like it aren't fans of the character because they don't realize how much scifi the character has. Superman himself remained optimistic. The movie wasn't even that dark aside from the actual colors of it.

What logo?

7. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

What I wanted in the next Superman movie was, well, more Superman, not Batman. If I want Batman, I'll watch a Batman movie. Not that I'm against a Batman/Superman movie, but I felt it was too soon for this.

8. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

that 97 movie if you didn't see it you shouldn't

9. 61 No. B

I'm familiar with that film and its logo, I'm talking about the logo you compared this logo to in your post.

10. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Well, I'm neutral in this case. I'm excited that there will be a Batman and Superman collaboration, but like what Below said, I wish that they would make a second superman movie before making the Batman/Superman collaboration. And 2015? That's too soon.....

11. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

Anything with batman in it, im going to see. and im sure im not the only one, so WB is def going for that approach.

12. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Finally! A World's Finest movie!

13. Hayabusa Venomous

I'm going to go ahead and firmly disagree with that. The finale alone says enough about the tone of Superman being turned much grimmer than any other film he's been in, but I won't spoil what occurs for those who haven't seen it yet.

But as for this little cross-over thing...the biggest question I have is: who the hell will be Batman?

Cause as much as I enjoyed The Dark Knight Trilogy, I honestly don't want Christian Bale to play Batman anymore. He did a fine Bruce Wayne, but his performance as "The World's Greatest Detective" with vast knowledge of the world's different martial arts...yeah, I didn't really get that in all three of the movies. Just a gravely-toned rogue dude with some pretty stale, uninteresting combat skills. What I hope they'll do with this Batman is portray him in a way akin to the recent Arkham series games: slick and agile, taking on like 7 guys at a time and not getting hit once, using actual tracking skills and more intimidation (like Batman Begins, but...more of that.)

I'm enthusiastic about this new cross-over, but like you guys said, I think they need to get Batman started and another Superman movie first.

14. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Spoilers in this post.

Thank you. I've argued a lot over the ending to Man of Steel.

Personally I hope to be that detective guy who we were hinted at being the new Batman. Now I have my own hang ups with that guy, one of which was his name being revealed at the end to be "Robin". If they were going to do that why not just call him Dick Grayson? Or Jason Todd? Or any of the Robins? It would have worked! Now the problem then is if they don't go with him and just go with Bale again to be Bats, they would have to come up with a damn good explanation as to why he decided to get back into action again as the ending of Rises pretty much establishes that he retired permanently from being Batman by faking his own death. It wouldn't make much sense for him to be back as the Bat.

[​IMG]

15. 61 No. B

Ok but what? No one was arguing against it here. I said I don't think Superman is a dark character in Man of Steel, or that Man of Steel is an extremely dark take on Superman.

That's not going to happen. Nolan's Batman is its own separate universe, and if I'm not mistaken, both Nolan and Bale have said they're done with Batman. Also, Man of Steel was the start of DC's own cinematic universe (as I mentioned above), meaning any character in this universe we've seen on screen before will be a reboot.

16. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Eh.

Okay, so no Bale. Good. But I have seen no evidence that the Dark Knight saga isn't canon with in this universe.

17. Hayabusa Venomous

One moment
    So yeah.
    Nooooooo, as much as I like Joseph Gordon-Levitt, he feels too...young? I'd prefer an actor who can pull of a somewhat-seasoned role, and can really be intimidating in the suit. Maybe if it was a movie like Year One, JGL would fit the inexperienced Dark Knight, but since he's probably going to be experienced in this movie with Superman, nah.

18. Arch Mana Knight

Man of Steel was the best live action Superman movie to date as well as the best live action DBZ movie(leave the internet if you don't understand this joke). I don't get why so many people whine about its ending though. They must have never looked deep into Superman's comics.

"Wah Superman wasn't supposed to kill Zod."

"Wah why didn't Superman save more people by taking the fight out of Metropolis?"

Stop crying about it and pay attention to how the story was presented. Zod was intent on slaughtering everyone. He's a better fighter than Kal and had absolutely no reason to allow himself to get dragged somewhere where there would be less collateral damage from the battle. Phantom Zone wasn't an option, the World Engine wasn't around to weaken him, there's no Kryptonite, so Supes had absolutely no alternative other than killing Zod.

Really hope that this movie doesn't have a "Batman beating Superman" scenario. We really don't need another Batman vs Superman movie. This better end in superbatbromance.

19. Hayabusa Venomous

As much as I agree that it was logical for him to do that (and I'm perfectly fine with how the story went), it's the writer that decided Superman would have no alternative. He could have written it in a way that Superman and Zod fought in space or something.

If they do have the two battle, it better show Batman at least struggling to even stay alive. Too many people seem to think "OH BATMAN CAN JUST THROW KRYPTONITE AT THE GUY."

20. burnitup Still the Best 1973

It isn't even the first time Supes has killed Zod. In Superman 2 he throws him down a fucking chasm in the Fortress of Solitude after taking his power and in one comic kills him with Kryptonite.

I agree with that statement so much. I love Batman but I seriously hope that doesn't happen.