Film Ant-Man

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Meilin Lee, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I personally thought it was okay. There were a lot of moments that I really liked, but I just couldn't really get into it like other films that Marvel has done. It is not a bad movie, and it was cool to see a hero I knew nothing about.

But, man, they are seriously hyping up phase three, and they did it better than Ultron did. I mean, I really, really enjoy Ultron, but they kept hyping the future before finishing up the film. Ant-man knew when to reveal certain things, which is nice.

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Mainstream Hank Pym hit Janet first, though. And though I'm glad that storyline didn't make it to the movie (would have definitely added a darker realism to the movie), Michael Douglas would have been even more perfect for the role.

To who was asking about the extra-credit scene:
    The dialogue was something like:
    Falcon and Cap find Bucky with his arm in some vice-like mechanism.
    Falcon: "This would have been easier a couple of days ago."
    Cap: "We can't tell Stark. I'm not even sure the accords will let him help."
    Falcon: "I know a guy."
    Also seemed to confirm whose side Ant-Man will be in during Civil War.
    Oh, and the . They actually acknowledged him! I haven't heard anyone mention that yet.

Anyway, I liked it. I didn't love it, but I felt like Edgar Wright would definitely have made it better. I felt like Peyton Reed really wanted to do a heist movie...but didn't know how to do a heist movie. It was really good in all aspects, I think (characters, story, comedy, action), but it's been outclassed in every aspect by another Marvel film.

They also really underused all of the characters that could have added diversity to the film. I'm not even going to talk about Janet, but Hope was just...well, could have been so much more. T.I.'s character should have been named William just so they could have made a possible Bill Foster reference (also, it's a good thing there are so many criminals with hearts of gold, apparently). Ugh, I don't even want to mention Falcon or Scott's ex.

Regardless, it was an okay movie, but it was trying too hard to be a Marvel movie.

3. 61 No. B

was there a credit scene at the very end of the credits?
    i saw this with other people (and didn't pay) in ****** seats (front row far left. the worst.) and didn't want to make them sit through all of that so an excuse to justify going again and paying myself would be helpful.

4. Arch Mana Knight

Apparently it wasn't planned to be a reference to him. But considering how obvious it was given their choice of wording...it's hard to believe that it was just a coincidence.

Yeah. There was. I'm wondering if Marvel is going to be doing this more now. I remember it happened in Big Hero 6.

5. 61 No. B

They seem to be inconsistent about it if I remember correctly. One is enough. I don't think the mid credit scene in this one was at all necessary.