A Satanists Reality

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by AmericanSephiroth, Nov 18, 2009.

1. AmericanSephiroth Traverse Town Homebody

Loveless Ave. missing the point of it all
    I am sorry in advance if this comes off as a bit of a rant but. I am fully sick and tired of people,bands,and annoying bible-beaters(no they are NOT people) talking absolute crap about satanists. We are not bad people, sure we are not the biggest fans of christians(obviously), but we do not do anything wrong. I and others have become sick of people bashing us. i swear the next person who comes up to me with a bible trying to "bless(brainwash)" me i will cram that bible where it belongs and light it on fire...... Ok. i am done ranting but i would like to hear everyones thoughts(unbiased please) on satanism, on that note, ANY AND ALL BIBLE BEATERS WILL BE IGNORED BECAUSE THEY ARE TROLLS. but please let me hear your though because i am curious on everyones thoughts. also if you want to know where to find true information about satanism please just pm me

2. Smackdoodle McGiggles Hollow Bastion Committee

your allowed to have your own religion, but dont impose or bash someone else's...

and saying bible beaters are trolls is lying, there is a possibility of strong christians on this site, and trying to call them trolls comes off as immature, especially when trying to prove a point.

3. AmericanSephiroth Traverse Town Homebody

i am sorry if i came off strong but by bible-beaters i mean the ones who say all who arent christians are gonna burn in hell and be raped by a pitch-fork type my bad i didnt specify

4. Zeonark Kingdom Keeper

BIBLE TROLLS? WHERE?

As stated above, you're allowed the freedom for your own religion. But as for my opinion...I'm not too fond of them, at all. I was raised to hate them and I see them as bad people. BUT, that doesn't mean I'm about to go waste my time screaming in their faces "STOP WORSHIPING THE GODDAMN DEVIL. GOD FTW." If they aren't going to listen. So I'd rather ignore them entirely and let them get their punishment later.

As for information, wikipedia should be good.

inb4religionshitstorm

5. AmericanSephiroth Traverse Town Homebody

i semi-expected a post like this but wikipedia is actually the WORST idea for info on satanists but a little information to enrich your life. satanist do not worship the "devil". just in case you didnt know, thats a little information to broaden your horizons

6. Zeonark Kingdom Keeper

Oh? Then inform me on what a "Satanist" is. I'm dying for the answer.

7. AmericanSephiroth Traverse Town Homebody

gladly. the term satanist is actually used to keep those without open minds away. i apologise but i will say more tomorrow i must take my leave now

8. Zeonark Kingdom Keeper

No. Stop. Now I don't even want to hear it. If Satanist don't worship the "Devil", then it's most likely Lucifer aka Satan.

9. childofturin Why?

Contradiction much?

Most Christians are not bad people, and those that do try to convert you are in the minority. Hint: if you can quote the bible verses about peace, love, and tolerance at them when they preach at you, you can probably annoy them into leaving. I have noticed through personal experience that quite a few of the most vocal Christians don't know that much about their own religion, aside from what their pastors have read to them.

10. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I'm sick and tired of Satanists pushing their religion.

Sarcasm aside, not every Christian is like that, but part of being a Christian is to "spread the word of God" and since Satan = bad, Satanist = bad as well. I found a couple other things wrong with this post, but I don't feel like ranting. While Bible pushing (I prefer that over "bible beating") may be intrusive and, in my eyes, even wrong (and I am a Christian), no need to bash on others' religion. It makes you no better than them.

And what does Satanism entail if it's not the worship of Satan?

11. Sumi suicidé

I do agree with AmericanSephiroth on this one. I really hate it when people come up to me and annoy me EVERY ****ING DAY about how I should "totally come to church with me tomorrow!". I too am a satanist and I'm not afraid to say it. But, I'm SICK of being pushed by others to believe differently. I can do what I want so I don't see why those stupid people want me to do as they do! Ugh...

12. Arch Mana Knight

Uhm...Satanists believe in God(not saying they worship God though)...but don't they believe that Lucifer/Satan/etc. didn't deserve to go to hell? I dunno. I never cared much to investigate. Either way, "bible beaters" aren't the most common group of people. Not sure what to add to this but you should have explained what your beliefs were to at least try to defend yourself.

13. Always Dance Chaser

The truth is that "Satanists" are pretty much just atheists. They don't beleive in an afterlife, or any God that has any power over them. A Satanist to me is just the same as a Mormon, or a Jehovah's Witness, or whatever. They're not Christians, and that's really all that matters to me. No, I don't push the Bible in anyones face, I just believe in it. I'm only mentioning because you asked what I think of Satanists. I have nothing against any Satanst personally, but I obviously don't like what they believe. It really doesn't make any difference to me, unless you're the type of person who won't shut up about it. And not to be rude, but you seem to be.

14. Rho Twilight Town Denizen

What annoys me is when Christians call Atheists satan worshipers.

We don't believe in Satan either, stupid.

15. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I have neither ever called an Atheist a Satan worshiper nor have I ever heard another Christian do the same, but in the overall picture, it makes sense and I can see where they got that.

16. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

I believe everyone has a right to believe what they want without other talking smack to them. People are people and no one has the right to say what others should believe in. I'm am also tired of being lectured (i'm an athiest though). I'm constantly told by people, and especially family, things on God and questioned millions of times a day. They should just leave people be.

This as well annoys me. Just because you don't believe in God doesn't mean you worship Satan. (no offense)

17. Rho Twilight Town Denizen

I never said you did, Mainstream, but a lot of the time when I tell people I'm an atheist, they'll say "OHHH YOU'RE A SATAN WORSHIPPER!"

Uh, no. As an atheist, i don't believe in God, Jesus Christ, Satan, or any of them.

I wish people could not be so ignorant. I don't call people immature if they tell me they're Christians, I just say "hm, yeah, okay, that's fine" and move along.

Unless they start shoving it in my face, that's when they need to get told off.

18. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Sorry if I seemed confrontational, I didn't mean that you were calling me one of those Christians, I meant I have never heard anyone call an Atheist a Satan worshiper, I was surprised at what you said. I could understand "You're an Atheist so you're going to Hell" but not "You're an Atheist so you worship Satan," because, as you said, Atheists don't believe in Satan. I can get into a religious debate on why Atheists going to Hell because of their beliefs (or lack thereof) but it's neither the time nor place. I do see how someone can make the Atheist=Satan follower link, but even I disagree. (Although, from a Christian standpoint, doesn't matter who or what you worship if you're going to Hell, unless Satan gives you power for worshipping him? Hell if I know)

But my initial reply to your post was that me actually agreeing with you. Atheists =/= Satan worshiper.

19. AmericanSephiroth Traverse Town Homebody

Ok... I back and i have read all questions and seeming misconceptions. Satanists do not believe in god or the named satan/devil. we worship a "satan" of sorts but its man's carnal nature, primitive instincts, and desires. we are in a sense athiests but we recognise ourselves as our own "gods", that and we practice a few occult practices and some magic. and again im not pushing anything on anyone in the post where i was quoted i said "IF". meaning if you did want information to formulate an unbiased opinion. but i will say i appreciate everyone so far who posted, for the simple fact that they have the nerve to defend their opinions and beliefs and for that i tip my hat to you. now i will say that many of you i believe were raised in an environment that tought satan=bad satanist=worse and through that you get your opinion, but it is your opinion and i respect that. and once more i am sorry if i came off a little strong or pushy.

Xakota this post started because i was offended the day i posted it. i was merely defending my opinion just if you were unclear or thought i was being a overly hyped psychotic nit-wit.

20. Arch Mana Knight

Oh. So then why is it called Satanist? I know what you're saying but...I just thought you believed in the existence of God because of the belief that Satan was created by God and etc. The name was just taken from religion and has it's own meaning? @-@