「 Fαçαdє 」

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aura, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

OOC: Sorry for being late gaiz. Also sorry this'll be short.
    Taron gave the picture of his mother one last glance before walking into the hall. He swept the hair out of his eyes, attempting to keep it in style. His mind went back to the letter.
    Your mother was killed.

He shuddered. He'd never forget. As he stepped into the cafeteria, he noticed Aida, just getting up to order food. He raised his hand on greeting and asked,"D'you mind if I sit here?" He pulled his bag off of his shoulder, waiting for the girl to answer.

2. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

Odette smiled a thank you, and sat down beside Risit. "My name's Odette. Nice to meet you." she said softly, trying not to sound so abrupt. She always hated mornings, and slowly realized that she wasn't all that hungry in the morning either. Odette got comfortable in the chair, then pulled down the uniform skirt a little, noticing hers was a little shorter then most. She hoped it wouldn't bring the wrong impression to people. She adjusted the cape to her liking, then began to eat her yogurt.

OOC: Gahh little post. ;_;

3. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

"Look. It's that guy with the robot arm."

"He's the one who's gotten into all those fights, right?"

"Shhhhh or he'll hear you"

It was probably one of the first year students thought Magnus as he continued to walk towards the cafeteria. Most of them would be surprised to see his left arm because it was so foreign to them. Although it wasn't the most common thing in Eulias, people from there wouldn't think twice about him having a mechanical arm because of the technological advances of their country. But the people from Castalius and Atlivis were different. To them, a mechanical arm that was connected to the nervous system and worked just like a normal arm was surprising and somewhat scary at the same time. Fully integrating a machine with a human being is disturbing to some and probably blasphemous to the religious.

But Magnus didn't care. He stopped caring so long ago that the rumors that have been spread about him barely left an impact anymore. Some of them actually made him laugh. To think that some people believed that he had super strength just because his arm was made out of reinforced metal. Completely disregarding the fact that even if his arm had the strength to lift a truck, doing so would most likely crush his spine unless it was similarly reinforced.

Sighing as he entered the cafeteria, he picked up a plate and cup at the stand and looked at what there was for breakfast. There was bread, fresh fruit, toast, muffins and many other things to eat along with coffee, milk and juice to drink. The school always tried to provide its student with the best. Not feeling very hungry, Magnus grabbed some toast and buttered it and then poured himself a cup of coffee. He sure needed a pick-me-up after waking up early in the morning for tuning. Turning around to search for a table to sit in, he looked around and saw a table that had only been occupied by two people, a boy and girl. Walking up to the table, he asked "You two mind if I sit here? Or was somebody else already here?"

4. Aura Goddess

Aida bit down on her lip as she heard her stomach growl lowly, moving a hand down to rub it gently. The murmur in the cafeteria got louder as more students started coming. And the more that walked in, the longer the line got for food. Sighing lowly, Aida rose up to her feet. I'll get something to eat. Closing her book, she heard a voice and turned to look, seeing a boy. "Oh, sure. Go ahead," she said, moving her things towards her so the boy could sit. She opened up her school bag and stuffed her book inside before noticing a letter. Pulling it out, she realized it had her name on it and her mother's handwriting. I should read this later. She placed the letter inside one of her schoolbooks and returned her attention towards Taron. "My name is Aida, by the way."

5. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Taron smiled. "Alright. Nice to meet you, Aida. My name's Taron." he said, placing his backpack on the ground by the table. He turned and walked to the line of food. He poured himself a cup of coffee and sipped as he examined the other food. Grabbing a muffin and an orange, he turned back to the table.

He took a small bite of the muffin as he sat down. The Aida girl was still getting food. He pulled his backpack onto the table, sliding out a few papers he needed to finish. As he scratched a few thoughts onto the paper, he sighed. He would finish them later. As he peeled the orange, he tried to keep his thoughts from going to his mother. That wasn't need right now.

6. Arch Mana Knight

Risit nodded slightly at Odette, glancing at her bowl. "I'm Risit." 'And I'm from Atlivis if that matters.' He added in his head without saying it out loud. It shouldn't have mattered either way, he had never once mentioned his brief time actually fighting in the war. Besides, he was near being fourteen at the time. He opened his mouth as if to say something else but nothing came. He breathed out and turned his head when he heard another voice speak. 'What am I getting popular without even doing anything?' He motioned towards the seat at his other side. "No such thing as reservations here now is there?" Risit spoke, his eyes falling over Magnus's mechanical arm. This was someone he had recognized before but had never spoken to. After all, who wouldn't notice someone with an arm like that? 'I'd recognize that tech anywhere. This guy's from Eulias.'

7. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

"Thanks," said Magnus with a smile as he sat down the chair and put his plate and cup down on the table. "The name's Magnus." Setting his schoolbag on the floor right next to his chair, he looked at the boy and girl that he was sitting with. While he didn't recognize the girl, he had seen the boy before. Risit was his name from what he had heard about him. Both were in the same year and they both shared the uncanny ability to draw fights towards themelves. While Magnus got into fights because he came off as intimidating, Risit got into fights because he was never the type to be compliant. He had apparently calmed down since his earlier years but most of the people in the school didn't mess with him. Noticing that he had been eyeing his mechanical arm for a while, he decided to start up a conversation to break up the somewhat awkward silence that he had been stuck in. "I see you've taken an interest in my arm," said Magnus as he took a sip of coffee.

8. K u r o g a n e Traverse Town Homebody

Elise noticed the small crowd gather before her on across the able she sat, quickly recognizing the others especially the Atlivis, Risit. She had never spoken much to him as she felt no need to, even among their own kind the Atlivis were competitive. The mechincal arm of the Eulias did catch her attention though. Rising from her seat, the young woman carried her tray and simply sat beside the girl whom she knew as Odette. ". . .So how does that work?" the female then stated speaking directly to the owner of the metal like armor limb, her blunt ways still lingered around her even after the time she had spent in the academy. Elise's gaze remained fixed on the boy, her jaw resting on her hand waiting for an answer as she was interested actually.

9. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

"My name's Odette." she answered Magnus, noticing the popularity he is getting with his arm. Odette was familiar with the technology since it was from Eulias, she remembered her mother was planning on getting the technology for her father, since he lost his legs in the war. Her father refused, and doctors said the legs would be useless, since the technology would be too advanced for his body, his nerves were shot from combat. Odette felt the pain in her stomach from the memories, and tried to look down at her bowl instead of his arm.
    She heard people then crowding around the table, to get a good look at the arm. Odette sighed just a little bit, knowing how it worked already, since her uncle taught her the ways. She knew how to tune up his arm, if she really wanted to.

10. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

'Who are you?' were the first words that ran through his head as he looked at the girl, tilting his head in confusion. Most weren't blunt enough to come up to him and ask about his mechanical arm so casually because they were either scared or didn't want to come off as offensive but this girl had guts and Magnus liked that kind of straightforwardness. It was a shame that others didn't ask him because he had no shame in his artificial limb and he was always happy to explain to people how it worked. He was an engineer at heart and was always fond of talking about these sort of things. I guess it'd be somewhat rude to not tell her after she came over here to ask.

"Well you can't really see it under all of this armor but there are a lot of wires and a skeletal frame under all of it. That frame is linked directly to my nervous system by the wires and that allows me to move the prosthesis around as if it were a real arm and it doesn't need an external engery source because it takes the electrical pulses from my nerves to power and regulate itself. It's actually detachable like a prosthesis as well but I don't like doing that much since it feels so weird," said Magnus as he finished the rest of his breakfast now that his explanation was done. He would've liked to say more but he didn't want to bore everybody with his technobabble. Plus he wanted to ask a question of his own. "By the way, who are you?"

11. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

Odette listened silently, taking in all the facts, making sure they were what she learned. Some of it was a little different, but all regions of the Kingdom were different in some ways. She finished her yogurt and juice, getting up gently and walking towards the counter where the dirty dishes went. She thought to herself how she'd like to get to know Magnus a little more, he kinda reminded her of home.
    I wonder what my classes are... she thought to herself, as she shrugged to herself and went back to the table to sit down with the group again. Maybe she'd follow them to her class, so she didn't seem so alone.

12. Aura Goddess

Aida brushed a few strands of hair away from her face as she got a cup of orange juice, drinking some of it as she headed towards where they held the food. She stared at the small snacks they had laid out, wondering what to get. She didn't have time to eat a full breakfast since class would start soon so she reached out and grabbed a muffin and three cookies. Putting them on napkins, Aida walked back to the table and sat down, grabbing a cookie first and took a bite out of it. She looked over her shoulder and noticed a small group surrounding a boy with a mechanical arm. She perked an eyebrow and returned her attention back to her remaining cookies and muffin. I've seen that boy around. She never paid much attention to him whenever she did see him around the academy. She wasn't one much to be surprised or find something strange from any of the other nations' students.

Sighing lowly, Aida turned her attention towards Taron and smiled. "So...how long have you been here in the academy?" She bit down on her lip and looked down at her bitten muffin, frowning slightly as she thought that was an odd question to start a conversation.

13. CrownMoksha Decimo

Turning away from his meal long enough to notice everything around him. The first thing Dante notice was a boy with a mechanical arm. So, this must be the kid with the metal arm. With his arm being form Eulias and what were knowned for, it doesn't surprise me how rumors could be started about him. he thought turning back to his food. "Judging by his appearance, he's probadly not as vicious as the rumors made him seem, it was probably just some weakling scared of himthat started it." He said to himself.

14. No Heart-X Destiny Islands Resident

As he waved goodbye to his friends as they left, his stomach growled. Oh yeah, I haven't eaten yet... Weiss sauntered over to the Cafeteria. Once he reached the stand, he poured himself a cup of coffee. In it, he put three sugars and whole milk to get rid of the bitterness. Then he grabbed a muffin and looked for a place to sit. As he looked around in his groggy demeanor, he noticed the mechanical arm of the Eulias sitting down. Wow, cool tech... I've never seen a functioning mechanical prosthetic arm before... As he stared at it for a little bit, he finally decided to walk over to talk to him. "Hey, is it cool if I sit with you guys for a little bit?" Weiss said standing behind the guy he took note of as he slowly munched on his muffin. He felt a little awkward just standing there, with people he had never really talked to.

15. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Taron glanced up at the girl. "Four years." he replied, taking another bite out of his muffin. His eyes flashed to the side. The boy with the mechanical arm had begun to draw a crowd. He took another sip of his coffee and looked back at Aida. "You've noticed that guy, right? The one witch the mechanical arm?" he asked, although he felt bad about using another person to engage in conversation.

16. Arch Mana Knight

Risit rose from his seat and glanced over at Weiss. 'It's getting too crowded for my tastes.' He thought to himself as he stepped away from his own seat. "Take my chair. I'm done here now." Risit muttered, walking past Weiss as he stuffed his hands in his pockets and headed for the cafeteria exit. The last thing he wanted was to be stuck in a crowd, even if it wasn't gathered because of himself. 'Might as well head to class early.' Risit thought, not giving a second glance over his shoulder when he finally left.

17. No Heart-X Destiny Islands Resident

Weiss looked slightly confused as he scratched his head, "Umm... Ok then." Huh... weird, but... maybe he just doesn't like being crowded in? Or it could be claustrophobia... Nah. I doubt. He sat down in the chair, setting down his coffee on the table. Weiss couldn't help but look at the guy who just left, as he felt responsible for him leaving. Crap... I feel bad sitting here... He turned his attention back to the table, taking a sip from his cup of coffee and another bite from his muffin. As things to say raced through his head, he couldn't think of how to start a conversation. He just sat there eating and drinking, saying nothing that came to mind.

18. K u r o g a n e Traverse Town Homebody

The Atlivis female listened carefully to the others explanation, her gaze widening at the thought of such technology. If it weren't for the fact that she had joined the academy and mingled with others she would of never known such a thing could exist, given the lack of major advancements from her people. "So it's. .essentially connected with your body and that allows you to move it like it were your own flesh?" she asked returning her attention to him then took a bite from her breakfast before speaking again."My name is Elise Aldrich, yours?" she introduced herself with a grin quickly seeing Risit leaving leaving another one to take his seat. "You know that's pretty weird. .but kinda awesome, where I'm from if you get your arm sliced off well. .it's seen as a battle wound but then you're also seen as a burden since you can'd do much with just one arm" Elise went on talking without waiting for an answer now drinking her orange juice.

19. Aura Goddess

Aida finished the rest of her cookies and her muffin, now finishing the rest of her orange juice. She breathed in deeply and felt full, for the moment. She knew she'd end up feeling hungry in another hour or so and by that time she'd be in class. She looked towards where the food was, wondering if she should just get a couple of snacks just in case. Sighing lowly, she collected her trash together and glanced towards Magnus, noticing one of the students take off. She perked an eyebrow before returning her attention towards Taron, nodding her head. "I've seen him around. I've also heard people talk about him in class or just when I'm walking around," she quietly said, sitting back in her chair as she looked down at her empty cup. "Eulias' technology is quite amazing."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.