Myamar [[ OOC ]]

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Hyuge ✧, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

[​IMG]
    [[Roleplay]]

Myamar, a kingdom of peace and stern law. Six gods rule the land and keep order over the people: Losbus, the God of Life; Utius, the Goddess of Harvest; Ucdes, the Goddess of Virtue; Dezdos, God of Strength; Udur, God of Death; and Oghena, Goddess of Knowledge. Together they unite the realms and aid their peoples when called upon. The citizens of Myamar live in the path of the gods, bringing together four cities: Hammaslahti to the north, Eastborne, the capital in the east; Porthaethwy to the south, and Holmfirth to the west. The great Aerilon River runs through the kingdom and merges it to Homnier in the east and Wendjir in the south. Each of the cities houses one of the major elements of the kingdom: Eastborne with the King's castle and military training, Porthaethwy with the mages at the enchantry, Holmfirth where the largest of the foundries may be found, and Hammaslahti where the temple of the gods resides. Those with magick in them are brought to the priests' temple for training. After two years, they choose which path to follow, that of the priests, or that of the magi. Orphans are assessed by the Priests of Myamar. Those which have magick go to the temple, those without are sent to be laborers: farmhands or apprentices. Slaves make up the servants of the Highbornes.

The gods presence flows throughout the lands, visible in all things nature and man - made. Sanlow Forest, which stretches between three kingdoms, is one such example. Children of the gods reside within the miles of woodlands. It is a dark, mysterious place where unusual magick reigns supreme. Few who enter it ever return. Strange creatures make their way into the kingdoms where men reign supreme, reaking havoc in their wake. Chosen warriors go on grand quests to protect the kingdom before war is necessary. It has been thousands of years since the forests covered the land. Man has pushed the Wilds back to a reasonably safe distance. Few leave the forest anymore, but occasionally a rogue ogre or two make their way onto the lands, destroying whatever is within reach.

[​IMG]

Each city is ruled by a separate family. If you choose to have a Highborne character, you are free to pick the familial name and the sigil. If there isn't one selected for a certain city, I will just assign NPC / default names.
    The Gods are NPCs. I don't believe there will be a point in time where they actually have a role, other than being prayed to. In the event that there is, I will have control of them.
    You are allowed as many characters as you want, so long as you can handle it. If you make too many and suddenly there are ones being left in the wind, I'll ask that you turn them into an NPC until you can handle it or get rid of them completely.
    Your character can be of any social standing / age / class within reason. I ask that you don't have an entire family of Highbornes or Magi and so on. Bear in mind that if you take a role like the King, you probably won't be doing much with him. He would just be there in the background with some occasional interactions.
    There is a chance your character might die. This RP isn't like my others where death is inevitable or a high possibility, but every battle risks death. I will say something if death is likely.
    No godmodding / power - playing.
    There's a possibility of counters, but they will not have a major role in the RP. An example of when they would be used is if a group went exploring a cave and they heard a loud roar. Obviously you would have so much time before your character had to haul ass before getting mauled by a bear or something. I will announce a counter if one is going to happen.
    You may start anywhere that isn't the forest.
    Aquarine Lake is roughly the size of a city. It would take days to travel around it.
    The World Map has a legend giving you a rough estimate of how long it would take to travel from city to city on horseback. If characters are traveling without horses it will take longer.
    Not everyone gets a horse. Be reasonable. If you have a character of lower class, then the odds of them owning a horse are slim to none.
    Yes, it requires money to pay for things. If users can't be appropriate with money, I'll have to start setting amounts for each member and + / - accordingly. I really don't want to do that, so don't make me.
    They can earn more money through quests.
    Depending on where you live / what you do, you may not need to worry about money. I.e. the temples are funded by the kingdom and the priests do not need to spend much.
    There should be a diversity among characters. If there are too many of a certain type, I'll put restrictions and may ask members to change a character type.
    I'm not a stickler about language / violence / sexual content, as most members know; the only things is that it has to be kept tasteful. This time frame has a different way of speaking. There is less restriction on 'bad words' and yes there is a brothel in each city. However, there shouldn't just be pointless sex scenes. If you have a character that works in one, then that's a different situation. Though, it should be spoilered and anything with extreme language / violence / sexual content should have a Trigger Warning for those that do no wish to read it.
    I don't want to see ridiculous 4th Wall Breaking. It's just annoying to everyone that's reading.
    You do not have to write like it's the 1600's. I understand that it can be quite difficult for many people.
    Required to post at least twice a week.
    I don't want to have just a ton of excerpts on all the different types of characters. Depending on what ones are chosen, I will include information on them. If you have questions beforehand, ask me. I just don't want to make up a billion different profiles only to have 3 different character types chosen.
    3 strikes you're out. I will not tell you every time you get one. You should just be aware. When you're at 3 I will send you a message and you'll be asked to leave the RP.
    Any questions feel free to ask.
    I reserve the right to add or subtract from this list as I see fit. A notice will be given if so.

[​IMG]

• Source of the Magi power.
      Prayed to for all things creation.
      Bestows the power of the elements onto his followers.
      He is the younger brother of Udur.

[​IMG]
    • Utius is the idol for farmers.
      She grants a plentiful bounty for her people when called upon.
      It is her anger that causes the withering of crops and her blessing that gives them vitality.

[​IMG]
    • Called upon in the time of weddings and birth.
      Ucdes is the wife of Dezdos.
      She aids mothers in pregnancy, lessening the pain of childbirth.
      She is the essence of beauty in matrimony.
      Her presence is strongest and most blessed upon lads and maidens that have not forsaken themselves to temptation.

[​IMG]
    • Protector of the soldiers and warriors.
      Dezdos is the husband of Ucdes.
      His power is granted upon those that labor for a living.
      His wrath fuels the foundries.
      His pride strengthens the sell - swords.
      If war is coming, he is the god everyone with a blade prays to.

[​IMG]
    • Udur is the brother of Losbus and the king of the gods.
      He is the primary god of the priests.
      His blessing prolongs life, shielding those near the brink of extinction from death's embrace.
      The priests call upon all the gods in prayer, but it is his that they derive their true power.
      He grants them the ability to heal and evade the inevitable.

[​IMG]
    • Oghena bestows wisdom on the scribes, granting them the knowledge of ages.
      The past, present, and future are all seen through this goddess.
      Her chosen followers are prophets, with the ability to see the future.
      Very few are granted this luxury, for it is also a curse.
      Many are driven mad to the point of death.
      Wisdom and foresight are but a few gifts she blesses upon her people.
      The abilities to read and write both come from her.
      She is viewed as the kindest of the gods, but to anger her would result in the Dark Ages once more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

__World Map
    __Eastborne
    __Hammaslahti
    __Holmfirth
    __Porthaethwy

[​IMG]

Bandits on the Break

[​IMG]

House Khalier of Eastborne: Coat of Arms
    House Langslen of Hammaslahti: Coat of Arms
    House Murden of Holmfirth: Coat of Arms
    House Aran of Porthaethwy: Coat of Arms

[​IMG]

Special Abilities
    Eastborne Castle
    Castle of the Gods
    Myamar Culture

[​IMG]

Code:
    [SIZE=11px][FONT=Ubuntu]Username:
    Name:
    Class/Occupation: [[ Lord/Lady, Priest, Mage, Smithy, Farmer/Farmhand, Merchant, Squire, Servant, Cook, King/Queen, Whore, Handmaiden, Sell - Sword, Archer, Knight, Guard, etc. etc. I think you get the point. . . hopefully. ]]
    Weapon: [[ Allowed two including defense -- No Katanas ]]
    Personality: [[ Please be brief ]]
    Other:[/FONT][/SIZE]
    • Name: Roslind Dyel
      Appearance:
      Class/Occupation: Priestess
      Special Ability: Charisma
      Weapon: Dagger Amulets
      Personality: Dry Not Easily Amused Spent more than half her life in the temples so not the best when it comes to talking to people, however, she seems to have a natural charm to her that will make most everyone listen. Devout to the gods Conservative Straight Forward
      Other: Attire pictured in Appearance is the standard for Priests.
    • Name: Sasha Gray
      Appearance: =w=
      Class/Occupation: Servant
      Special Ability: Sleight of Hand
      Weapon: >Hand-to-Hand Combat<
      Personality: >Reserved< >Compassionate<
      Being born into a life as a slave to the nobles, Sasha never found the need to express herself as all her life revolved around orders and demands from people above her authority. She also learned to make use of her rather agile hands to pick a few things here and there from the wandering nobles always having meetings. Unexpressive does not mean she is emotionless. She will show her light and compassionate side should she find a person that is willing to connect to her and befriend her.
      Other: Though her main form of combat is hand-to-hand, she is also skilled in using blades and throwing projectiles.
    • Name: Marcus Aran
      Appearance: Left
      Class/Occupation: Sell - Sword
      Special Ability: Armed Combat
      Weapon: Enchanted Axe
      Personality: Confident, serious, direct, but willing to let a joke slip when the moment is right. Marcus is extremely stubborn and defensive. His upbringing made him eager to prove that he could make it on his own in the world.
      Other: He was born into a Highborne family in Porthaethwy and has a very limited talent for fire magick.

Name: Verus Aran
      Appearance: Right
      Class/Occupation: Lord/Mage
      Special Ability: Strategy
      Weapon: Enchanted gems which are used to concentrate his magic.
      Personality: Lighthearted, kind, and loyal. Verus is easygoing even when the situation demands otherwise. Though not much of a fighter he often relied on his vast intelligence and skill with magic to get him out of trouble when he was younger.
      Other: The eldest brother of the Aran family and the lord of the castle. He took on training from the Magi when he was little.
    • Name: Valentine
      Appearance: Ω
      Class/Occupation: Wandering Swordsman
      Special Ability: Swordsmanship
      Weapon: A mysterious sword and dagger
      Personality: A man that has taken fascination in this unknown land. Valentine is a calm yet quirky individual who does things his own way. Despite his serious appearance he is actually a nonchalant individual that takes life with a stride and desires nothing more than to better himself.
      Other: He is an amnesiac

Name: Laurence McClean
      Appearance: Left one~
      Class/Occupation: Fanboy of God / whore (he ain't doin it fo da money boi)
      Special Ability: Pelvic thrusts
      Weapon: His bootylicious hips
      Personality: A very emotional man that loves all and holds a huge amount of sympathy for his fellow mankind. He is eccentric and no matter what he cannot hate another person
      Other: Feel free to not ignore this~
    • Name: "крыса"* or "зыурка"*
      *(written in a pidgin argot spoken by the low-class servants and immigrants of Porthaethwy comprised of different local and foreign languages; rough Highborne Myamari language translations are, respectively "krysa" and "zyurka"; "snake" and "cockroach" respectively.)

Age: Unknown, claims to be anywhere from 15 to 27 depending on the situation.
      Appearance: x (but more tattered-looking and disheveled)
      Class/Occupation: Street urchin.
      Location: Outside a baker's shop near the Porthaethwy market.
      Special Ability: Quickness of feet, seemingly hard to track due to years of thievery in the markets.
      Weapon: Unarmed; personal smarts and sense of space around her. (e.g. When chased, she typically prefers fleeing and distracting/catching those following her by using the objects around her in the market)
      Personality: Rash, abrasive, and quick to anger and jump to conclusions. Her situation has left her quick-thinking and untrustworthy of many people, especially those that attempt to help her. Has a very, very dark sense of humour and a "hollow laugh". Only helps when something is in it for her -- unless children are involved. Disdainful towards adults and authority. Preys on the sympathy of the unsuspecting. Has a piercing stare, combining that of a cornered rabbit with a sadistic hyena. Extremely, viciously protective of those dear to her.
      Other: She is usually referred to as the nicknames "Krysa" or "Zyurka", sometimes interchangeably, as nicknames given to her; her original name was forgotten, or she was simply never named when born. She is a member of a group of young street urchins who reside in the alcoves by the docks of Porthaethwy. Due to the circumstances of her youth, her talent in magic is unknown and will probably continue to be, but she does not seem to be able to use it. She is fluent only in the low tongue dialect of the Porthaethwy streets, and can only speak broken sentences of Highborne Myamari.
    • Name: Serene, her real name is hidden for her protection.
      Appearance:
      Class/Occupation: Whore
      Special Ability: Persuasion/Manipulation
      Weapon: A dagger for her own protection.
      Personality: Seductive Very Calm in a majority of situations, her voice is also always calming(hence the name) Optimistic Charitable(When she can be)♥ ♥Is not very good at conversing despite her persuasion skills, which is why she is better with actions than words
      Other: She was initially "paying off a debt" she took out for getting help to keep her family moving. But it's gotten to the point where she knows she will probably never get out of this lifestyle. Especially since she is at the point she is forced to live in the brothel.

Name: Rymr Tavare
      Appearance:
      Class/Occupation: Mage (Still in training)

Location: Traveling the road from Eastborne to Porthaethy. Is already 4 days into journey with a party.
      Special Ability: Strong Affinity towards Water
      Weapon: Staff for magic, Sword for more of a reliable defense.

Personality: Talkative Cocky Trickster Personality♒ ♒Enjoys being around people♒ ♒At the same time he is judgmental over who he keeps as company♒ ♒He takes what he has for granted
      Other: Although he is in training, he is close to becoming a full-fledged mage.
    • Name: Duke Pendleton
      Appearance:

Class/Occupation: Knight
      Special Ability: Leadership
      Weapon: Longsword and Shield
      Personality: Strong Sense of Justice Idealistic Straightforward Gentlemanly Loyal Avoids direct conflict as much as possible

Other: Avoids talking about his lineage.
    • Name: Damion Haal
      Appearance: 「 」
      Class/Occupation: 「Thief 」
      Special Ability: 「Improvision 」
      Weapon: 「 Throwing Knives 」 「Dagger 」
      Personality: 「 Heroic in a way 」 「Cunning 」 「 Confident 」 「 Gambler 」
      Other:

Name: Halzer Micila
      Appearance: 「」
      Class/Occupation: 「Wandering Mage 」
      Special Ability: 「Has an affinity towards Lightning Magic 」
      Weapon: 「Enchanted Sword 」
      Personality: 「Reckless 」 「 Caring 」 「 Curious 」 「Quizzical 」
      Other: 「Knows other basic spells 」

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  2. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

There has been a bit of confusion about 'Special Ability,' so I would like to clear up any questions. Special Ability i.e. special trait / talent, means a skill that your character is particularly good at. Only magic users can wield magic, but that's why there are enchantries for amulets and magical weapons. So perhaps you have a Priest or Mage that has a special affinity towards a certain type of magic, be it wind, regeneration, shape - shifting and so on. A magic user's special ability does not have to be a magical thing. My character for instance has Charisma. She's awkward in conversation and doesn't always say the right thing, but there is something about her that commands people's attention.

If you have a character without magical properties, their special ability may lie in whatever particular field of work you have for them. They could be a stable - boy who seems to have a natural connection to horses, a farmer that has exceeding high knowledge on poisonous wild foods, a hunter that is exceptional at trap - making; that sort of thing. I hope this clears up any misunderstandings there might be in the future.

3. Fellangel Bichael May

Username: Prince_of_Hearts
    Name: Sasha Gray
    Appearance: =w=
    Class/Occupation: Servant
    Special Ability: Sleight of Hand
    Weapon: >Hand-to-Hand Combat<
    Personality: >Reserved< >Compassionate<
    Being born into a life as a slave to the nobles, Sasha never found the need to express herself as all her life revolved around orders and demands from people above her authority. She also learned to make use of her rather agile hands to pick a few things here and there from the wandering nobles always having meetings. Unexpressive does not mean she is emotionless. She will show her light and compassionate side should she find a person that is willing to connect to her and befriend her.
    Other: Though her main form of combat is hand-to-hand, she is also skilled in using blades and throwing projectiles.

4. Arch Mana Knight

Username: Arno Dorian
    Name: Marcus Aran
    Appearance: Left
    Class/Occupation: Sell - Sword
    Special Ability: Armed Combat
    Weapon: Enchanted Axe
    Personality: Confident, serious, direct, but willing to let a joke slip when the moment is right. Marcus is extremely stubborn and defensive. His upbringing made him eager to prove that he could make it on his own in the world.
    Other: He was born into a Highborne family in Porthaethwy and has a very limited talent for fire magick.

5. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

6. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

Username: TwilightBlader
    Appearance: Which ever one tickles your fancy
    Class/Occupation: Fanboy of God, part time job is being a whore
    Weapon: Katana and his bootylicious hips
    Personality: A tragic and emotional man that loves all despite his parents being dead and being the last man who has a super special ability that only god has. Now the last one who weilds this ability, Laurence laments for everybody who does not hold this ability! Let his hips guide the people forward!
    Other: Feel free to ignore this~

Name: Valentine
    Appearance: Ω
    Class/Occupation: Wandering Swordsman
    Special Ability: Swordsmanship
    Weapon: A mysterious sword and dagger
    Personality: A man that has taken fascination in this unknown land. Valentine is a calm yet quirky individual who does things his own way. Despite his serious appearance he is actually a nonchalant individual that takes life with a stride and desires nothing more than to better himself.
    Other: He is an amnesiac

7. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Left.
    Get rid of the Katana and I will accept this ridiculous joke.
    This one is accepted.

8. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Username: What?
    Name: "крыса"* or "зыурка"*

*(written in a pidgin argot spoken by the low-class servants and immigrants of Porthaethwy comprised of different local and foreign languages; rough Highborne Myamari language translations are, respectively "krysa" and "zyurka"; "snake" and "cockroach" respectively.)

Age: Unknown, claims to be anywhere from 15 to 27 depending on the situation.
    Appearance: x (but more tattered-looking and disheveled)
    Class/Occupation: Street urchin.
    Location: Outside a baker's shop near the Porthaethwy market.
    Special Ability: Quickness of feet, seemingly hard to track due to years of thievery in the markets.
    Weapon: Unarmed; personal smarts and sense of space around her. (e.g. When chased, she typically prefers fleeing and distracting/catching those following her by using the objects around her in the market)
    Personality: Rash, abrasive, and quick to anger and jump to conclusions. Her situation has left her quick-thinking and untrustworthy of many people, especially those that attempt to help her. Has a very, very dark sense of humour and a "hollow laugh". Only helps when something is in it for her -- unless children are involved. Disdainful towards adults and authority. Preys on the sympathy of the unsuspecting. Has a piercing stare, combining that of a cornered rabbit with a sadistic hyena. Extremely, viciously protective of those dear to her.
    Other: She is usually referred to as the nicknames "Krysa" or "Zyurka", sometimes interchangeably, as nicknames given to her; her original name was forgotten, or she was simply never named when born. She is a member of a group of young street urchins who reside in the alcoves by the docks of Porthaethwy. Due to the circumstances of her youth, her talent in magic is unknown and will probably continue to be, but she does not seem to be able to use it. She is fluent only in the low tongue dialect of the Porthaethwy streets, and can only speak broken sentences of Highborne Myamari.

9. cstar stay away from my waifu

Username: cstar
    Name: Serene, her real name is hidden for her protection.
    Appearance:
    Class/Occupation: Whore
    Special Ability: Persuasion/Manipulation
    Weapon: A dagger for her own protection.
    Personality: Seductive Very Calm in a majority of situations, her voice is also always calming(hence the name) Optimistic Charitable(When she can be)♥ ♥Is not very good at conversing despite her persuasion skills, which is why she is better with actions than words
    Other: She was initially "paying off a debt" she took out for getting help to keep her family moving. But it's gotten to the point where she knows she will probably never get out of this lifestyle. Especially since she is at the point she is forced to live in the brothel.

Username: cstar
    Name: Rymr Tavare
    Appearance:
    Class/Occupation: Mage (Still in training)

Location: Traveling the road from Eastborne to Porthaethy. Is already 4 days into journey with a party.
    Special Ability: Strong Affinity towards Water
    Weapon: Staff for magic, Sword for more of a reliable defense.

Personality: Talkative Cocky Trickster Personality♒ ♒Enjoys being around people♒ ♒At the same time he is judgmental over who he keeps as company♒ ♒He takes what he has for granted
    Other: Although he is in training, he is close to becoming a full-fledged mage.

10. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

All accepted.

11. Arch Mana Knight

Username: Arno Dorian
    Name: Verus Aran
    Appearance: Right
    Class/Occupation: Lord/Mage
    Special Ability: Strategy
    Weapon: Enchanted gems which are used to concentrate his magic.
    Personality: Lighthearted, kind, and loyal. Verus is easygoing even when the situation demands otherwise. Though not much of a fighter he often relied on his vast intelligence and skill with magic to get him out of trouble when he was younger.
    Other: The eldest brother of the Aran family and the lord of the castle. He took on training from the Magi when he was little.

12. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Accepted. Would you like to select something to represent the sigil for the Lords of Porthaethwy?

13. Arch Mana Knight

Yeah. I don't have time right now but tomorrow I'll put something together for it. Already did some looking around at coat of arms for ideas. It'll totally be better than your MS Paint maps. ...Hopefully.

14. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Arch, I will have you know that I spent hours working on those in PhotoShop. // cries //

15. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

Appearance: Left one~
    Class/Occupation: Fanboy of God / whore (he ain't doin it fo da money boi)
    Weapon: His bootylicious hips
    Personality: A very emotional man that loves all and holds a huge amount of sympathy for his fellow mankind. He is eccentric and no matter what he cannot hate another person
    Other: Feel free to not ignore this~

16. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Ahaaaa. Accepted.

17. Arch Mana Knight

Pfft.

Anywayyysss...
    here it is. Behold my amateur skill.

18. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

That looks great. I'll get it all updated at some point in time soon.

19. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

Username: Bite the Dust
    Name: Duke Pendleton
    Appearance:
    Class/Occupation: Knight
    Special Ability: Leadership
    Weapon: Longsword and Shield
    Personality: Strong Sense of Justice Idealistic Straightforward Gentlemanly Loyal Avoids direct conflict as much as possible
    Other: Avoids talking about his lineage.

20. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

@Bite the Dust, accepted.

@ Everyone, Royals and Resources have been added to the OP. If you decide to create another character or you join later, you are more than welcome to change the names of any of the royal families except for the Arans since those consist of Arch's characters. Otherwise, you may use the given last name in the list. I am making preparations to start the roleplay by Tuesday at the very latest. There will be no quests right off the bat. I want you to utilize the first couple of days to get acquainted with your characters and interact with some of the others located in the same city as you.

The way the days will work is based off of activity. If it seems like a day is starting to get rather stagnant or drawn out, I'll let everyone know that we will start a new day. Pretty simple. If there is something planned for the next day or week or whatever else, you can also take a vote on time skipping. You will always be notified when a time skip ensues.

If anyone still wants a list of details describing the character types we have so far, feel free to say so. Otherwise, if you feel you're starting to get the idea around them, you need not say anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.