Chain of Memories Zexion's Death Scene!!!!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Riku-Sama's Shadow, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riku-Sama's Shadow Hollow Bastion Committee

that's not what i think. but i don't see why Axel killed him. no, wait. Axel didn't kill him. it was that stupid Replica. it didn't have to obey him. but he chose to. besides, that was BEFORE Axel changed. you're just saying that cuz you played KH2 before Re:CoM.

2. XienZo Traverse Town Homebody

Axel didn't change at all from CoM to II in terms of how he cared for other members. He still didn't care for them at all, and didn't think twice about his CoM murders. Axel would have killed members in KHII if he was ordered to and was capable.

3. Riku-Sama's Shadow Hollow Bastion Committee

yeah, he did. and if he killed other members, he would only be doing it to help Roxas. you could tell he was trying hard not to be all evil and stuff.

4. zexionrulez Merlin's Housekeeper

Axel did had something to do with it.
    Zexion and Lexaeus probably knew about Axel killing Vexen and would tell Xemnas about it. Thus probably ordering another Member to punish Axel by killing him. Axel could of thought that Zexion and Lexaeus knew about it. But since Lexaeus got killed by Riku. Axel brought Replica Riku to kill Zexion. Thus making Axel is the only Member to Survive Castle Oblivion.

AND!

Xemnas found Roxas during Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. It was AFTER the Events in Chain of Memories.

5. Ansem59 Chaser

That is precisly what I thought when Axel let Riku Replica kill Zexion... anyway, I thought Zexion was too hard of a boss... that's why I enjoyed watching him die... I mean, don't get me wrong... I thought he was an evil and sinister character, who I would never mess with... And I like him for that... but just like any evil and sinister character... he got what he deserved...

6. Smackdoodle McGiggles Hollow Bastion Committee

zexion's death was funny when he freaked because he saw the replica and thought he was real xD

7. fire mage Hollow Bastion Committee

Zexion, Lexaeus, and Vexen who are elder members did not like the upper members newer member and thought it was degrading that they had to stay in the basement while the others got to stay on the upper levels. So they held a grudge against them. So of course they would want them to take the fall. Vexen being killed pushed both Lexaeus and Zexion (who I agree to have some kind of friendship or bond. Even though Lexaeus is the higher of the upper ground members, but Zexion is the boss overall and Lexaeus has great respect for Zexion espeicailly when he defended him against Vexen ridiculing the schemer,) to the edge to come up with the plan to use Riku for their advantage. They may have both not liked Vexen but Zexion thought it was deplorable to having agents of the organization destroying one of another. He should of confronted them, but he chose not to.

Once again Axel haters. Get over it. Zexion didn't deserve it, but Vexen did. Zexion put his belief in Riku which he was going to use him for the organization. That would be betrayal. "You will be next." snide comment from Zexion may have drove Axel to want to make sure Zexion got what he deserves. Axel may have been testing Zexion's loyalty .

Everyone keeps forgetting that Riku had the dark power that Ansem himself bestowed upon him. So ulimately it was Ansem who had made Zexion really weak.

Axel was appointed to execute the traitors, but in the novels he does seem to have guilt about it. There are other things, but they contain spoilers so they won't be said here.

FYI Roxas was found BEFORE the events in COM if you don't believe me go watch the trailers.

8. Smackdoodle McGiggles Hollow Bastion Committee

thats true because roxas was created when sora sacrificed himself to save kairi and then he was found by xemnas

9. fire mage, please refrain from calling and labeling everyone as "Axel haters" and say to "get over it" just because were criticizing what he did. This is a place for opinions, and were doing so. Axel has done a lot of wrongs, and we can expressively say that some of his actions weren't favorable without having to be seen as we "hate" him. If others can speak of the others members' faults throughout, then he is no different, as he does have his negative traits. We're not bashing or insulting his character, and a "Axel hater" is almost nonexistent, as it is a rare species.

So what if Axel died in CoM there, and never was in KH2? Will he deserve it in your opinion? That's the prize of development.

However, there is still some mystery on how Axel even got to that point. In 358/2 Days, we saw in the very first scans Saïx speaking to him about it [and no, he's not Xemnas's pet, contrary to popular belief. He does do things behind the Superior's back if he doesn't agree with it. But, it is for the benefit of the Organization, or better, for getting his Heart, never against them], with Axel replying back if he is sure that was really "Master Xemnas's orders".

In the Novels, the most recent translations revealed, Axel, Marluxia, and Larxene, were sent for the mere purpose that they were in suspicion. I don't think I got Lexeaus and Zexion's conversation, yet that was the gist of it, along with them hypothesizing that Xemnas sent them there to die. To get a better idea:

It's not exactly really spoilerish, just gives out another mystery of what Xemnas was truly up to. Let's just say leave it with: Axel was in the same rut as Marluxia and Larxene once he was assigned with them as the Upper Floor members, only he happened to escape by the events. Coming from that, this mostly has to do with Xemnas having more of a hand in Castle Oblivion than predicted in choosing these specific people. Hopefully, we'll learn more about this in the upcoming game. There was something going on that has yet to be revealed, what Zexion snidely said in CoM to Axel fits if we take those translations in consideration, and Axel was; being a double-agent, somewhat not on either side. He was doing his own thing, hence, another reason that sprouted Zexion's remark. Even Axel himself gets confused of that it was a just a betrayal, or it was not a complete betrayal.

Here are more excerpts from the Novel translations:

Otherwise, Zexion, Vexen, and Lexeaus weren't traitors, considering that they were wanting Riku to combat against Marluxia's Sora, to stop the plot of the overthrow. Anyone who plays Chain of Memories knows that was their overall plan [and I went through the actual script online: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/919011/34162] with Vexen investigating by going to the Upper Floors. I do kind of agree that maybe Axel did it to clean up his tracks, yet, it didn't do him any good in the long run. First, how do we know that Zexion, Vexen, and Lexeaus weren't keeping contact already with those in the main headquarters? They were doing crucial memory research [we know how important this manner is to Nobodies, since CoM and 358 is based on that alone], and you would think that with that, they would've been in touch very constantly for updates. With Vexen's death, there was a gap before Axel got to Zexion. Along this, there was the fact that when Axel did come back from Castle Oblivion, alone, as the only sole survivor, he was suspected. You can tell a lot in the Novels, especially the way Saïx never stops expressing it [when they seemingly seemed to be conspiring together. I've seen them together in the pictures speaking of secrets as much as Roxas and Axel do eating and hanging in TT], and even Xaldin made a comment on it in KH2: FM+ in one of the new scenes of the meetings. Maybe they kept him there for some purposes, but it was apparent that ever since then, he wasn't trusted. At least, by the ones on the top. And truthfully, I would think them stupid if they were that blind in a "what if" scenario. I think it was not that bad from beginning, but as time passed, the suspicion kept increasing. Especially if Xemnas sent Axel to eliminate Roxas, when he will obviously know the relationship between those two.

So, in the end, it was pointless and useless to kill Zexion if the was the case, after all [the only thing that bothers me about said deaths, including Vexen, was that it was done so harshly, sadistically, and completely cringe worthy]. There only needs to be a few holes to be filled, and that being what Axel was really thinking or doing [I know for a fact that when concerning Sora in CO, Roxas was was the main reason, but the Basement Floor members weren't involved in that particular hero]. Or what Saïx might have to do with it, if he did, considering he is "AXEL TRAITOR!!! KIIIIIIL! RAWR!!" all over the Novels and games.

However, I do give credit in that fact that there's a very vague hint that Axel does acquire a sort of "regret" as his thoughts does travel to that time in most of his inner emo monologues.

10. Firefly Hollow Bastion Committee

Everything's been said, but I have to come into this thread and
    ;_;
    WHHHYYYY!?!?
    *ahem* Even though the death made sense, it's too bad it wasn't something epic or exciting. But I like the scene anyway.

11. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

wow... i thought axel was a wimp in KH2, but he's so cruel in CoM. Zexion's death seemed a little sick to me, just toying with him before he was killed.

12. Smackdoodle McGiggles Hollow Bastion Committee

at least it wasnt like the GBA game where zexion ran offscreen and just a yell

13. fire mage Hollow Bastion Committee

I have seen many people defend their favorite characters so I have a right to defend mine. Regardless people can have their opinions which does not bother me, but if they are vulgar and immature then they shouldn't even be allowed even for the sake of the younger users viewing the threads. I have seen other threads when characters are repeatedly bashed and other people will get defensive. Why should that even be allowed in the first place because then flaming wars start then mods have to step in and close the thread?

Either way he was just following orders and they are actually little sniplets to follow through with it from the new game, where Saix tells Axel to go after the traitors in Castle Oblivion and that is where he questions Saix if this was his order or Xenmas and then another scene Axel tells Roxas he is going to Castle Oblivion. So there you go. He is justified for his action for that part. Just what was hypothesis was when he told Marluxia when he was fighting him "I always follow orders, and in the name of the Organization you betrayed I will kill you." Yes the dialogue is from the japanese not the dubb.

So like Xaldin had said in KH 2 FM that Axel is the executioner in the organization. So that proves that he deals with traitors and the Whirl Wind Lancer was the one who ordered Axel to deal with Roxas not Xenmas.

I have the game so I would know.

14. You're not understanding me. The only one who's being made fun of is Zexion because of the behavior of his death, which is the point of the thread. I have yet to see someone flame Axel for anything here [and I'm not certain you really know a flame if you think what you've seen is an actual one]. Only a tidbit on how his death was kind of sappy, and his behavior in CoM [and which was a-holish, and why I called it, but that's because it was. Does it mean hatred? No, just observation that he was very evil and sadistic]. The rest of the replies are spent analyzing why Axel did that, and the overall situation. So, again, I don't see how there's a reason to get defensive when we are merely talking about a topic, and then proclaim we are "Axel haters", and should "get over it" [which is generalizing. I, for one, am a owner and founder of a Axel Fanclub in another forum] when this is showing anything, but. Point me to someone being immature or vulgar other than one word said by me, which isn't meant to even be taken out in that type of context. If it was another thread to make that assumption, sure, but here? No one's doing anything wrong.

The only ones who should get defensive are the Zexion fans, really.

The thing is, we still don't know where that scene with him and Saïx led to. Which is why it's not fact as of yet. He didn't say to go after the traitors, but hint on that fact that there might be one. And Saïx is not Xemnas, his orders aren't absolute, which comes the conspiring together. So, it's not like Axel had to do it. There's some mystery in there still to be revealed, and which is why there's no true confirmation. And the dialogue from the Japanese and dub aren't that different. The "I always follow orders" is vague, considering what Marluxia said himself about ridding of traitors earlier, and the whole scene in general. Putting a line, and leaving out the rest that build up to it with Vexen's death, doesn't it make a point of proof [unless the Axel and Marluxia conversation went differently in Japanese].

And you're missing Xaldin's point of doing so. When Axel came back from Castle Oblivion, in the short story that came with the booklet Another Report in the KH2: FM+, Axel didn't admit his own actions, and said that they were killed by the heroes, leaving behind his involvement. Don't know if there was anything Axel had said about it otherwise. What Xaldin was typically saying is that, "well, you had no problem with getting rid of the others, so why is Roxas a block?" It shows suspicion in the whole tone, and words. The whole interaction was full of tension. The fact that he was sent to kill Roxas in the first place makes it obvious. If Axel was following orders also, then in the Novels, he shouldn't be over thinking whether what he did was full betrayal, half betrayal, or no betrayal if it was so positive and factual.

Which is why I let off that, we shall wait for the upcoming game to fill these holes about Axel's actions.

And I've been through all games, Novels, and any other KH compilations as well. The point is...? Debates =/= less knowledgeable of the game.

15. Riku-Sama's Shadow Hollow Bastion Committee

LOL, did anyone SAY Axel had nothing to do with it??? Nooo, i said he's not to blame. i don't know why he let the Replica kill Zexion,though.

16. fire mage Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh believe me I have seen flames and I do know what they are as they are mainly in Kh insider forums especially, but I have seem them here as well. Perhaps the users erased them or it could of been another thread on this forum, I don't know and can't remember. I may have accidently replied to this one about it. No, I wasn't talking about you at all about being an "Axel hater" *TwilightNight*, but someone else.

With the following orders it was Axel vs Marluxia and Axel said it to Marluxia not the other way around. The conversations with Xaldin and Axel I was talking about the game not the novel as I don't follow the novels that much and don't know how much it differentiates from the game. I know it does have more personal view on the organization as I have seen bits of pieces of translated portions, but I don't know which is exactly in canon or not.

17. I thought that KHI is only plagued by Kairi haters to the point where if you speak about the girl, you get hunted down and the thread gets spammed :/. I haven't seen any Axel flaming there, though, except people that admitted that they dislike/hate him compare to anyone, which was only about four. Axel haters, as I said, are rare [I was surprised they actually existed]. But, okay. I thought you were speaking of this thread, because, there wasn't really anything that would have gotten you defensive so far ^^;.

I know it was the other way around, but when Marluxia had ordered Axel to get rid of Vexen because of him being a traitor before that, Axel said that he always followed orders, and there was no taking it back [a.k.a., Marluxia, that goes for you too]. Which is why it's vague. It can either be Axel following a order from another source, or that he kept Marluxia's word to taunt him when the time came. That's why it needs to be clear the involvement of Castle Oblivion. He had no reason to kill Zexion, as of yet. And the Axel/Xaldin scene was in the game, actually. Xaldin did say that [before throwing the lance at him].

As for the Novels, they are actually canon [the manga is the only that drifts away from the game, and follows its own canon]. It's been confirmed by Nomura, who is supervising the books as well [he even said in a interview, forgot where, that it wasn't until the Novels that he noticed how much he actually left out of the game], and some of the scenes have been used in KH2: FM+. All the scenes are true, and they did happen. They explain some holes, and just for you, it was Axel who gave a potion to Goofy that revived him :P. So, you can trust it =3.

Everyone is stuck with the KH2 Novels now, but there are also CoM Novels, which I so badly want translated [for certain reasons...:D].

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.