-Ze Operator's Tower of Power-

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by mindstorm787, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Ze Operator

Operator didn't notice Zephry immediately, as he was trying his hardest to get any information to use against these guys.
    but so far, nothing of interest. Or at least, nothing useful.

"so uh, remind me again who are we dealin with here?" asked the calm, relaxed voice. A collective groan was heard from two voices.
    "Seriously?" Asked cold-but-calculating, "You agree to help us with this 8ut you don't even know who you're gonna 8e fighting? just how dum8 can you 8e-" There was a sudden 'wuph!' and another crashing on stone. Whoever were these guys, they seemed to have some serious issues with one another.
    "let me rephrase myself." Replied calm-and-collective, "i want to know if we're dealing with exactly who i think we're dealing with. so in short, i know who i'm going to fight, but i want to make sure. calling me dumb wasn't just rude, it was uneccessary."
    A spiteful girly laugh was heard. "You're going to regret doing that, 8onehead. If we weren't on the same side, I would 8low you away right here and now. You'd lose all your luck in flash. Why? Cuz I have all the luck in the world!"
    "wow." Came the reply, "your ego is even worse than a certain weed I know."
    "Enough, you two." Came a completely new voice. This one sounded slightly...emotionless? "Or I will personally ask my associate to do away with the both of you." There was a large series of deep knuckle cracks, followed by tense silence. Finally, "You may continue."
    A hefty 'ahem' followed, before a large paragraph of explanation. "Currently, our targets are still on the 3rd floor. We need to keep toying with them until floors 25-29. Everyone but this 'Ze Operator' character must be killed by then.
    "8ut why do we need to keep the creepy mask guy around? Couldn't we keep the telepath, of the Zephry human? Or even the strange Poke alien? They're all kinda cute."
    "As far as we are concerned, that is beyond our jurisdiction."
    "so what, we just blindly follow a sentient robot on a whim to keep the creepy dude? i'm going to need to go with spider eyes on this one. minus the cuteness thing."
    "If we complete our objective, no harm and no foul. We go back to our respective ways just as he promised us, and I am more than capable of delivering something this simple. Question is, are any of you?"

2. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Remy shrugged, then offered Alexis his arm. "Well, fine lady, should we follow that strange fellow? I don't think we have much a choice, and if I'm being honest I'd rather get on with it now rather then later." It wasn't that he minded sitting around, talking. Especially to a pretty girl. But if there was a fight to be had, he would rather get it over with. Anticipation was the worst part of any battle, besides the healing of the injuries. That sucked too.

[​IMG]
    Tessa smiled, a little sadly when she responded to Poke. "I want to go home too. Just with more then what I left with." Did she want to bring her father back? Not specifically. Did she want answers? Oh yes, yes she did. And she was going to get them. It would break her heart to have to fight her new friends, even Alexis, but if she had to, then she would. Even in the wild, it was survival of the fittest. And she wanted to be on top.

[​IMG]
    Kara noticed out of the corner of her eye, two of the male competitors leaving. The strange robot guy and....She squinted. There wasn't anything particularly remarkable about him, but she felt like it could be fun to follow them anyway.

And so she did, walking up the stairs. Towards some voices that weren't saying the nicest of things. "I don't think they want us to win." She whispered into
    Zephyr's ear as she watched Ze Operator up ahead, a small smile on her lips. She wasn't afraid of the strange people that spoke. They could try to kill her, and she would dance around their drowning bodies, singing them to the eternal sleep. Because that was what she did.

3. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

Poke grunted to show he'd heard. "I understand. And I hope that you get the chance to, Tessa." He smiled back, then relized that a handful of the people had gone up the stairs. Poke wasn't that interested before with the sight of Ze Operator leaving out of the corner of his eye earlier, but now he wanted to know where everyone was going. "I'm going upstairs," he said, making his way towards the exit and up the stairs. He stopped behind Kara, and heard voices in the upper room. So there's even more people in this tower? "What's going on?" He whispered.

4. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Ze Operator

Operator turned slowly to the upcoming group, and grunted in frustration. So much for being incognito. Next time, he made a mental note to atcivate his Cloaking Device if he plans to sneak off somewhere. He hated when others got involved in his recons, as there would be more heads he would have to account for.
    "What's going on?" Poke whispered, who was joined by a girl, whom Operator immediately identified a Kara Jereign. She must've come in along with the second group that the tower just 'let' in.
    "Not your concern!" Hissed Operator, livid. "Not yet! I was spying on these people. But you need to go back down NOW. You stay here, and you have a chance to blow my cover!"
    "I don't think they want us to win." Kara whispered to Zephyr.
    Operator's patience was already running out, retorting to her,
    "Yeah, no sheet, Sherlock. Now go back! You too, Zephyr," He growled, turning to him, "Don't think I didn't notice you coming up!"

"hey, did anyone here something from the stairs?"
    Operator froze so badly it was almost comical, if the situation permitted. He stood stock still, not even letting out a peep, But those who were with him already saw that his left eye begin to glow red.
    "....Gr8. Now the 8onehead's hearing things. 8ecause all that I'm hearing is crap coming from you."
    "I didn't hear anything."
    "Nor I."
    "Doesn't seem like anyone is listening in. And even then, these rooms should be soundproof."
    Operator sighed a silent breath of relief.
    "Although, it would be advisable just to check, to be sure. Do you mind?"
    As there were heavy footfalls leading to the door, Operator's eye never glowed brighter. Quickly, he grabbed Kara's arm, dragging her close to his chest. He then put a hand on Poke's arm and Zephry's shoulder.
    "Do not break contact." He muttered. "Drive. Activate Cloaking."
    <Cloaking Online>
    The door opened as soon as he said the words, looking at a tall mountain of a man blocking the doorway, clothed in white armor, and a bald helmet with a large visor, covering his face. He looked muscular, too muscular to be an average man, with his fists easily larger than a small dodgeball. His armor was hi-tech, Operator heard a deep, animalistic growl as the man looked around the corridor.

"It's alright. Come back, we still have much to discuss."
    The hulk of a man obliged, closing the doors. Operator uncloaks, and heads toward the now-closed door. Yes, the rooms were soundproof, but only to the normal human ear.
    <Audio Receptors adjusting>
    Hopefully after that scare, maybe the other three would understand Operator's current situation.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  5. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "He wouldn't be ashamed of you. You've come pretty far, Samuel. He'd be proud, if anything. You just need to do your best to keep yourself calm. We don't know where we are or what to expect, we have to be careful. We'll get through this. I'll kill them all myself if I have to" Oscar said, reassuring his brother. Not even an hour into the place, and his brother had already annoyed somebody, as well as Oscar himself had gotten pissed off. What was he going to do? This was going to be a loooooong adventure.

[​IMG]
    Shane stood there, analysing the situation. Things seemed to be getting more and more intense, but what was he to do? He couldn't go and wipe their memories to make things better, not even he was that powerful. Even if he could, he wouldn't. He'd done that once, and the consequences...they had been dire. He wasn't keen to experience it again.

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Listening in to what was being said, one key thing stuck out to him the most. The fact that all of the competitors excluding Ze Operator were supposed to be killed. So when he had heard someone whisper into his ear, he turned towards the girl and replied. "All the more reason for us to win." All of which before Ze Operator had decided to notice them.

By the time he'd gone an addressed Zephyr, he had his index finger up to his lips in the traditional shushing position. Zephyr was much less concerned with the fact that Ze Operator knew he was there and more with the fact they someone wanted most of them dead. Unfortunately the voices had heard one of them, probably Ze Operator, and someone was now going to investigate. So much was gathering more information.

Fortunately they had managed to avoid being spotted due to Ze Operator closing, so when the mountain of a man had gone back into room Zephyr looked towards Ze Operator. "So you going to keep us filled in on what their discussing or what?" Zephyr asked in a hush tone, though he wasn't sure if the tone was needed due to the sound proof door.

7. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Ze Operator

Operator waved off Zephyr's qeustion of filling in information for two reasons, one being that this was none of his buisness, and he would sort it out. Another being that Ze Operator was the custodian of this tower, and everything he does is his own responsiblity. He turned back to the door, and listened.
    --------

"so, is there any gurantee that this guy we're helping can bring back my brother?"

"He's able to control time. He'd more than likely cause a time paradox to get your....sibling back."
    "What I don't get is how this guy can 8e that strong. Someone stronger than me? Please, that's impossi8le."
    "If you want to make this a battle, Serket, you are more than welcome to challenge him, but you do not question his power. You would be wise to not to."
    "I would think that the she is implying she was stumped that she only scratched the surface of her power, and even respects him for it."
    "Yeah, that."
    "In any event, we digress; X7147 is willing to do any means neccessary for our timelines and realities to fulfill our wishes. That includes bringing back your brother."
    "is it really wise to mess with the timeline? i have a friend who's 'determination' kinda messes with that kind of stuff. i don't think thats a good idea."
    "Do you want him back or not?"
    "..."
    "Then, we're in agreement. We kill the outliers from floors 25 to 29, one 8y one. Got it?"
    "Affirmitive."
    "Agreed."
    "Yes."

"...Yeah..."
    "Then we may disperse. We might need to be careful next time. I have a feeling that someone might have been listened to."
    <!!!AUDIO OVERLOAD!!!>
    --------
    Operator's right ear suddenly gave off feedback, like a flasbang going off nearby and disorienting him, causing him to shudder in pain. He massaged his ear as his body tried to regulate the audio. He checked the door.
    Locked.
    It seems that the Tower has taken control again, and the people in the room were gone. He sighed, and turned back to the group, saying,
    "They're gone. The feedback I heard was the room reactivating. We should get ready." He then proceeded back down to the 2nd Floor Stasis room.
    As he exited the steps and slipped back through the door, he ran his thoughts over what he'd heard back.
    Apparently, there was someone else in the tower that wanted his group dead, but wanted him alive. Flattering as it may be, it was slightly unnerving that these people knew who he was. And from what he gathered, this person could control Time? A strong sense of deja vu filled Opeartor, and he didn't realize that he was walking towards Alexis, whom was talking to one of the newer people. He needed to talk to someone, clear his head of the stuff that could happen.
    Operator knew that everyone in his group should know. But that could cause some to make rash decisions, and something like this needed to be approached cautiously, and to someone he could trust. Someone he could relate to.

At the particular time, Alexis seems like the logical option.

8. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Alexis took Remy's arm and was about to follow him to the door, when Operator returned. She glanced up to notice not only had he returned, but he was heading her way. "Well it looks like we don't need to follow after all." Alexis stated as she glanced between Remy and Operator. "Where did you run off to? We were about to follow you to the next boss. Why come back?" She addressed operator in a curious, almost concerned tone.
    [​IMG]
    "I guess. I just lost my temper too easily and I almost lost one... I shouldn't have done that." Samuel said again. He stood there fidgeting with his hands a bit not sure what to say next. "I am not worried about the fights, I can handle myself you know. I just don't fully comprehend why we must be here. I could have come up with several other plans. We could have avoided this if we really wanted. We didn't have to get involved with other people." He stated. It was clear and always had been that Samuel wasn't a huge fan of other people. He had always shown signs of being different from most people, and he always preferred to be alone. He was more than happy to have Oscar with him, but besides that he didn't much care for people.

9. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Ze Operator

Operator quietly closed the gap between him, Remy and Alexis. He looked over to Remy, face unreadable if he wasn't wearing a mask. The man looked rather shady, but dependable for some time. He looked back to Alexis.
    "I understand that you may be talking with this fellow here." He said. "But, as the opportunity would have it, I would like to speak with you alone, without prying ears." He emphasized alone clearly to Remy without hosility, hopeful he would get the message. Though at some point it would've been strange to see himself idly chatting with the very woman who was capable of asking you to pull your pants down, and you would relent, it was no time for dirty thoughts or otherwise. The situation just got serious.

10. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Alexis glanced between Remy and Operator one last time as she made her decision. She let go of Remy's arm and turned to him. "I don't know what this is about but it might be important. I will be back in a bit, okay?" Alexis said before turning away from him. She felt bad for just ditching the man after he had been so nice to her, but what other choice did she have? She wouldn't just walk away when someone requested to speak to her, even if it was alone meaning she had to walk away from someone else. Everyone deserves the chance to speak.

"Okay, lets talk." Alexis said to Operator, before following him to whatever private place there was to talk away from people. She was a bit nervous and uncertain. She didn't know what Operator wanted to talk about but since it was alone it couldn't be good. Alexis adjusted the coat hanging over her shoulders while waiting for Operator to talk.

11. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

Poke returned with the others down to the previous floor, taking another look at everyone. He'd noticed Operator walk off with Alexis, though it seemed that was a conversation meant to be private, just like the one held in the room above with the strangers. He'd barely heard anything, and he was quite curious to know what they were talking about.

Picking a spot in the corner, he sat down and closed his eyes. Immediately, his five elemental orbs blinked into existence, and he watched them revolve around each other, though it was clear from how his stare seemed to go straight through them that his mind wasn't set in the present.

12. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Ze Operator

Operator was glad Alexis obliged easily, and walked over to the Stasis Room seller machine. He leaned against the wall, and waited for Alexis to be within close distance. Operator did a curt look around, and immediately started talking.
    "I have come to a conclusion that we are not alone in this place." He said quietly. "I had just caught a couple of stowaways up in the 3rd Floor, which was deactivated. They were saying something about stringing us along?"
    Operator sighed, gathering his thoughts. "I don't know what that was about," He said, "But somethings been off about the place ever since we entered. For me, especially. I have a pretty good memory for things, but everything just seems fuzzy, and it's not my machine. It's like someone's affected my memory, and it's definitely not Shane, either. I have a strange feeling that there is some kind of conspiracy, and we're all the targets."

@Aelin FireHeart

13. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Are why tell me this?" Alexis responded. "It isn't like there is anything I can do about it. And I assume that there is no escape, so what are we supposed to do? We are trapped in a tower that is trying to kill us, and this is the first time you thought something was off? I don't know where you come from, but none of this is particularly normal. As for the fact they are a floor above that is deactivated. Is it not possible that they are truly in control of the tower. It sure seems that way. But in the end. Like I said what do you want me to do about it? In the end I am just a whore who has nothing going for her." Alexis stated to Operator. It was true that she thought she had nothing to offer, now she was just trying to accept there is other people trying to mess with them and make her life even more of a living hell than it already was.

14. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Ze Operator

Operator listened quietly. He was perplexed as to how Alexis kept on selling herself short. After all, she had just gone through 2 battles, and she managed to hold her own. Sure, she was no god, but she could certainly hold her own.
    "The reason I am telling you this is because you are one of the only people I can relate to in terms of past experience." He said. "I would tell Alpha, but....." He took a side-along glance to the girl in red, sleeping soundly against the wall, before turning back. "She would blow it out of proportion. She isn't as level-headed, not even when we worked together. She hasn't changed a bit." He shifted his weight. "The threat of death is pretty normal to me, actually. I just don't fear it, or it'll stop me from doing the things I do."
    "I just want to ask you,"
    His left eye lit up red, but was slightly faint. "What do you want out of all this? If you think that you will still be in a hole, why come at all? It's an easy question." There was no hostility, but Operator was confused as to how Alexis would be like this. She's done well so far.

@Aelin FireHeart

15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Alexis still didn't quite understand, why her? However despite this not understanding, she allowed Operator to talk and ask his question. She didn't know Alpha much, but from what she had seen she understood why Operator didn't want to talk to her. But what about the others? What about the males in the group? Why not talk to them? Either way it wasn't like there was much she could do about it now. She agreed to talk to him so she wasn't going to take it back.

"What I want from this is a chance at a better life. I hoped at the end would be a reward, money or something. Something I could use to make a life for myself." Alexis told him, though she was not confident in her answer. In truth she didn't know why she was here, perhaps to tempt death. To make it all end. Maybe it was just to be somewhere warm for once. Perhaps it was even to find friends. She didn't know. However she didn't let this show. Instead she had to find a way to distract him before he was somehow able to see through her.

Alexis stepped closer to Operator and ran her hands up his chest.
    "You know I have had enough talk about this though. All it makes me thing of is the place I came from and I would rather not think of that. How about you help me with some distractions? You know, have a little fun?" Alexis really hoped her sexual inducement worked this time. And if it didn't she hoped for the very least hoped her womanly charms would get her somewhere. As her hands slid up they reached Operators shoulders and she tried to wrap them around his neck, as she went in for a kiss. She knew what men wanted and how to give it to them, so she hoped this would work.

16. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Ze Operator

Operator was a bit mortified by Alexis sudden behavior. Alexis was carefully wanting to give him a kiss, and he felt like he wanted to return it. This time, Alexis' Sexual Inducement might actually work. He began to lift his smiling mask revealing his lips. She was kind of cute, and wondered as to why he never really noticed her in the first place...

<R00k>

Operator stopped. A thought bothered him. He decided to let Alexis kiss him instead of going to meet her lips.

<R00k w0u1dn't 11ke th4t, n0w w0uld sh3? >:3>

Operator immediately stopped the thought and met Alexis' lips. Soft. His left hand met her waist, wanting to let it all go. But an image suddenly flashed in his head. It was her.

The woman he killed.
    The woman he loved.

Operator immediately pushed Alexis back. He was shaking visibly, as if he'd just experienced a nightmare within the second. He looked to her, face slightly visible beneath his mask, as he made the one face anyone would last expect that he would make:
    fear. He tried to stop shaking, but it only continued, if minimally.
    "I-..I-.." He shook, his distortion even sounding strained, "I'm....sorry."
    <Cloaking Activated>
    As Operator vanished from view, his last being his left glowing eye, fading from view, one who'd be very attentive could see a shimmer move, bumping clumsily into Remy, back toward the corridor leading towards the 3rd Floor, as Operator retreated, in fear.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  17. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Zephyr wasn't surprised by the fact that Operator hadn't answered his question, so instead of just waiting around Zephyr headed back down to where everyone else. There he found himself a place to sit by himself as he started to put together what he had over heard. According to those voices he heard, someone wants them dead before a certain floor, except for Operator. That one was of the things he was curious about, just what made him special compared to the rest of them.

Figuring this out was going to take some time without having anything to go off of other than what he overheard and since chances were the Operator wasn't going to be all that helpful, least to him, in getting answers. He was just going to have to get them himself. The problem with that was he had no idea where to start looking.

18. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Using his mind reading powers, Shane had in a sense been there for the whole thing, albeit from Alexis' point of view. Thankfully he didn't actually see anything, but he'd certainly seen the thoughts. He had decided to eavesdrop on the conversation, after all he didn't trust anyone there as far as he could throw them, which if he was Christie could've been quite far, but he didn't have that kind of power and so he barely trusted any of them. Things took a surprising turn when Ze Operator broke away. He was impressed, the guy was far better at resisting the girl's power than he himself was. Perhaps they weren't as screwed as it seemed after all. Well, not so long as he could keep watch over Alexis and prevent her working her magic.

That being said, he now had a new problem. After that, chances were Alexis wasn't focusing, in fact he'd be surprised if she was. That had to change. He could use any number of his abilities to force her to change, but it was better if it came from her. That way he wouldn't have to fix any issues later on, she'd hopefully have the strength to do it herself. Instead of doing someone herself.

Walking into the room, he carefully went over to the girl who looked more than a little upset. This was the first time he'd seen her like that, which wasn't good. It meant she was most certainly vulnerable. He could feel the familiar tug of his mind wanting to simply change her emotional state, but he resisted the urge. He took a seat nearby her. Not close enough he could reach, but close enough she'd be able to hear him quite easily; he wasn't going to get tricked into trying to screw her again. He decided that instead of giving away he'd read her mind, he would instead play dumb and try not to set her off. "Everything okay?" he asked, using his pushing ability ever so slightly. She'd feel not that she wanted to completely open up, but at least tell him what had happened so he didn't have to pretend anymore.

[​IMG]
    "No, we didn't have to get involved with other people. This is the quickest way to fix things though, Samuel. If we want to make a difference at all, we have to have the strength to do it. That means mental and physical, and from what I heard this place is the best place to do it. Just try to take it easy and let your brother handle the load, I'll carry it all on my shoulders if I have to. See? Nothing to worry about just now" Oscar said reassuringly. He would leave the tower if Samuel insisted, but hopefully his little brother would see the importance of it all. Oscar was strong, but without the brains of Samuel things would be a hell of a lot more difficult.

[​IMG]
    As a corridor of darkness opened up, a figure stepped out of it. He was the Nobody, Gexln. He'd heard of a place that would truly test a person's strength, and at last he had found it. He wasn't sure what he had expected, but it certainly wasn't what he saw. A death gauntlet full of the most courageous and bloodthirsty warriors, a darkness wielding maniac, hell even Kross' mother with a machine gun would've been more intimidating than what he saw.

He chose not to say a word, but instead simply wait for the group to advance for the moment. While these people were his competitors, not his allies, there was strength in numbers. If the Tower was anywhere near as dangerous as he had been told, they would need every man, woman and child. Especially the children. The more of them there were, the chances were they'd find a third Eon...gods, wouldn't that make things easier?

19. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Alexis let herself lose herself in the kiss for a moment. However it didn't last all that long. Before anything could really happen Operator pushed her away and she stumbled back, falling to the ground. Alexis looked up at the man that pushed her, to see that he didn't look angry at her like most of the time she got pushed around after using her ability. Instead he just looked frightened. Alexis couldn't say or do anything about it however before Operator disappeared from her sight.

Sitting on the ground a grim look crossed Alexis' face. She just had a very unexpected and unwanted reminder of what she really was. She just felt like garbage, something for someone to use then throw away when they decided she wasn't good enough. Why was she even here? Why did she even bother with any of this? Alexis looked at the coat that had fallen from her shoulders which it hung when she fell down. The man who gave it to her, Remy, he had helped her because he wanted to, not because she manipulated him. He made her feel like a real person. However soon after she found herself upset once more and fell back into her old ways, only to be tossed aside like trash once again. What was the point of it all? She just wished that she could get out of the tower right now.

The fall had not only caused Alexis to feel like trash but it reminded her of her fourth owner. She traced the red inked tattoo down her side and thigh with her finger tip as her mind swirled with the abuse she had received there. The man had a thing for causing pain. On top of that whenever he was finished with her he had a similar habit of just pushing her away, though the look was not of fear, like Ze Operator's was, his look was of disgust, like he wanted nothing to do with her after he got what he wanted. The girls hands were trembling as she recalled one of her worst times during her life. That is when her thoughts were cut short by a voice.

As much as she wanted to say yes, everything was fine, she found herself unable to lie.
    "No... I am not okay. Operator told me all this stuff cause he said he trusted me, but I didn't feel like I was worth it. I just wanted to distract myself from all that so I went to kiss him instead, and I might have used my abilities a bit. He pushed me and then disappeared. At that moment I was reminded of owner four.... I am scared. I can't stop thinking about that and I feel like absolute trash. What am I even doing here?" The girl looked about in tears as she spoke. She didn't once look in the direction of Shane, instead keeping her quickly blurring eyes straight forward, like something was going to appear on the wall or something.

[​IMG]

"You don't have to deal with the load yourself. I will help you, I can do this, I just prefer not dealing with as many people. However if you believe it is what is best, then I suppose I can support that. I might be smart but sometimes I am not the best judge of situations. I will admit that. But you won't carry the weight of it on your own. You don't have to take care of me all the time. I am not a kid anymore." Samuel spoke back to his brother. He was still fifteen, so in many peoples eyes he was a kid, but due to his intellect he didn't act or feel like one most of the time, thus he didn't want to be treated like one. He could handle himself as well as any physical or emotional load put on by doing this thing, even if it did mean dealing with people.

20. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Well ****. That had backfired. She hadn't told him much at all, and no specifics really. She'd just rambled about her background. His was painful enough but hers..he couldn't even imagine what that was like. Against his better judgement, he found himself getting up and sitting in front of her. He stopped using his pushing ability entirely, leaving the decision completely up to her. For a moment he found no words, simply letting it all sink in, and then he spoke.

"What you're doing here is trying to become more. Powers or no powers, you're more than you think you are; more than what that scumbag made you feel that you are. The power to influence peoples' emotions is a pretty powerful thing. Believe me, I'd know. If I wanted to, I could probably read through peoples' memories, figure out what drives them and then have more than a couple of people doing whatever I wanted them to. So could you, with your abilities. But you don't. Why do you think that is? Because, Alexis, you're better than that. Better than anyone else has ever treated you like. You fought your way through the floors below and made it look easy, isn't that proof enough?" Shane asked, ending his inspirational piece.

He thought a little more about what her words meant. She didn't even have telepathy as far as he could tell, and here she was actually reminding him of his past. He had used his powers to manipulate people. Not just once, but many times. "I can't quite say the same for myself. I used to be scared of using my powers. Still am, to an extent. One day I got pushed pretty far though and, well....people suffered for it. So I went looking for help, and you know what I found? A monster. The guy captured me and used me for experiments, pushing me to use my powers on those who couldn't resist, while monitoring my progress. Then once that was done, I was tossed into a cell and left to nothing but my own thoughts. He used me, and I hate him for it. So, after a bit I got sick of it and I tried to escape. I brought a grown man to tears right before me, exploiting his biggest fears and then I..I.." he said, voice cracking a little under the emotional pressure.

"and then I forced him to kill all those around him that had trusted him, before turning the gun on himself"

[​IMG]
    "Good. I don't know if I could handle things on my own. Although, I wouldn't say you're not a kid. If you aren't a kid anymore, why did you turn red the moment you even came close to seeing a woman without her clothes on?" Oscar asked, teasing his brother.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.