YouTube Will Be Blocked in Japan on Monday, October 1, 2012

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Amaury, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Get ready to hear some really stupid news. Seriously, what is the world coming to? First, it's the bills, and now this? I mean, I know I'm not in Japan and everything, but still, everyone in the world deserves the freedom to watch YouTube and other related things.

Even if you're a Japanese person that became an American citizen, you're potentially in danger of being carted off to prison, as seen in the second to last paragraph.

• Source: Kotaku
    • Publication Date: 6/21/2012

2. Llave Superless Moderator

Sadly this is true.

Well this is rather sad. Especially considering a lot of leaks and such from Japanese games and other medias come from Japan. Even if you own your material, like Square Enix, they can't post it on Youtube? That's a little ridiculous.

I wonder if there will be any changes in policy once they see how bad it goes. Then again, the Japanese aren't ones for breaking set rules...

3. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

This is pathetic. I really hope the Japanese people can wake up and fight this bill. And I'm sure Google will fight this bill as well.

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

You thought the war was over? We just won a battle.

Hell, even the article talks about SOPA and PIPA like they're gone. They just come back in different forms. Sneakier forms, progressively lesser-known forms. Everyone's so busy celebrating one victory that they invite later defeat. And then there's the fact that the rest of the world has to deal with this, too; and in a lot of places they're even worse off. It's really depressing.

Sometimes it seems like the best we can do is to spread the word. But I guess people don't learn otherwise.

5. ShibuyaGato Transformation

This is terrible. Being sent to prison for going onto a website that doesn't do anything illegal? I mean, I can see how they might think this is justified for torrents, but this is just ridiculous.

The world is overreacting to all of the wrong things on the internet, and they need to wake up and realize just how stupid this is. They're wasting all their time, energy and money on punishing the wrong people.

6. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

This is interesting, yet horrible. You're not being illegal if you just go online to watch some youtube clip. Everyone should just realize the real world and figure it out.

7. Tyrant Valvatorez Gummi Ship Junkie

Wait.......Japan cares about morality? This is the same country that has arcade games were you control a butt right? God times have changed

8. Hayabusa Venomous

Because having a niche genre of fetish games is equivalent to not given a damn about being able to use probably the most widely used video sharing site on the internet.