Digital Art YouTube layout

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Cody, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Cody Chaser

Keep a few things in mind:
    It's my first layout. It's basic. It's not professional. It's low quality(thx youtube). I know.

I won't be editing any of it. Just tell me what you think.

I'm not advertising. I couldn't give a **** if you watch my videos. So mods, if this is a problem i'll waste my time and try to get a print screen of what it looks like, or i'll ruin the point of this thread and upload the raw layout.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BaronVonRupert
    Thanks.

2. P Banned

I look at the top of the page for something eye catching. I look at the video. This is what I look at every time I go to your channel. I look along your bio once, if you're lucky. I only need to read it once, after all. So why add the (very nice) logo along the side where no one will see it? I like the aesthetic of it, but I think the positioning was a bad decision. Even moving it up a bit would be a good idea. Currently, if I want to look at the logo, I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. You want the viewer to be able to see the logo at all times, so that they remember your channel. As the viewer is presumably going to be looking at the video, it'd make sense to display the logo in view of the video.

Of course, you then have to worry about distractions, which you've done a nice job of avoiding. Plain black with purple highlights is an effective way of being memorable without being ridiculously over-the-top. The viewer is, after all, there to view videos. Your layout works well in that regard. I don't get the guy standing under the 'like' button though. He doesn't seem to have too much to do with the overall theme, nor the channel subject matter (Call of Duty). I suppose he could be a mascot or something similar though. I like how the rest of the layout ties in with the CoD theme though. Slightly futuristic, without being obnoxiously so.

3. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Well, it's simple but with the little touch of Street Fighter it shows that it's YOURS. I like the simplicity and the purple pops.

YT sucks in terms of quality, but that's just life.
    Overall, nice work tho.

4. Cody Chaser

You need to be a partner to have a banner, hence the positioning. Thanks, i'll keep it in mind, though.
    And I plan on posting some street fighter gameplay later today because I don't want to have an all COD channel lol.

5. Yozora Archer

I dunno dude, having COD videos could be an advantage. A lot of fanboys out there, you know. Maybe sign a contract with Machinima or something. Make videos for em and talk about how ****** the world is lol.

Anyway, about the layout. Im not a big expert when it comes to these. All I can say is that you should just go with how you want it to look. If you are satisfied with it, then it's good.

As for my opinion, I wouldn't say it's bad. Besides, it's your first layout. Im sure you'll come up with something lady-killer. (Just look at how you turned out with making signatures lol.)

Also, that lady-killer thing. I just randomly used it lol. All of you should start using it so it'll catch up. "Dude, that guitar solo was SO LADY-KILLER MAN" "Totally man, you're so cool".

@P - And dude, about the "mascot" character behind the Like button. I think he just put him there because he's one of his fave characters or something.

6. Accalia Gummi Ship Junkie

The layout is pretty good. The dark colors catch my eye. As for the guy under the like button it definately brings the attention of people that like your videos. I also think it would be cool if there was a different guy under the dislike button.
    As for the log I'm not too sure I like where it is.

7. P Banned

Yeah, now that makes sense. I didn't know that it was going to be used for Street Fighter too, so it seemed a bit out there and unrelated. If it's a Street Fighter channel, it works.

Similarly, I didn't know about the banner-exclusivity. Considering that, my criticism of the placement was too harsh. /notayoutubeexpert

8. Cody Chaser

Thanks for the feedback dudes <3