Your Top Best/Worst Films of 2011

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Daydreamer, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Daydreamer

You may list as many 2011 movies you desire (excluding 2011 re-releases such as "Beauty and the Beast" and "Raiders of the Lost Ark"), in any particular order. You may list documentaries/genres in a separate best/worst category. In this thread, the words "best" and "worst" are interchangeable with "favorite" and "least favorite," respectively. Please be aware of diverse opinions, do not be shy to add a movie to your best list if another member listed it as one of their worst, and vice versa.

My lists will make up the majority of 2011 movies I've seen so far. This post will be edited if I see/remember a 2011 movie I feel deserves mention.

So, in approximate order of preference:

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I didn't get to see many films in 2011, but I can still come up with some good lists. I may update when I remember other movies that I saw.

Best Films
    1. Rise of the Planet of the Apes
    2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two
    3. Source Code
    4. Insidious
    5. Scream 4
    6. Moneyball
    7. Our Idiot Brother
    8. Thor
    9. Final Destination 5
    10. The Hangover Part Two (which is surprising because I didn't really like the first one)
    11. Paranormal Activity 3

Worst Films
    1. Your Highness (DO NOT EVER WATCH THIS)
    2. Bridesmaids (Too much like the first Hangover, which isn't a good thing)
    3. The Roommate (A boring "horror" film with a weak plot)
    4. Courageous
    5. 30 Minutes or Less (Had a lot of potential, but showed all of it's best parts in the trailer)

3. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

My list might be a little short but here I go. I haven't seen many movies.
    Best (random order)
    Harry Potter 7 pt2 (Best movie all year hands down)
    Breaking Dawn pt1 (I am someone who watches movies with a open mind so thats why this is in my list)
    Scream 4 (this is a amazing installment)
    Roommate (I actually liked it)
    Friends with Benefits
    Final Destination 5 (just for the plot twist at the end)
    Worst
    Insidious (not scary at all)
    Paranormal Activity 3 (Another worthless horror movie)
    Sucker Punch (CGI/Visual Effects are beautiful but the story, and script are lame and the fan-service was so unnecessary).
    Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (Bad remake of a TV horror movie)
    Dream House (dont watch the trailer it will spoil EVERYTHING and the movie poster is misleading when you dont watch the trailer)
    The Human Centipede 2 (do I even have to explain it?)

4. Finn the Human Traverse Town Homebody

Best:
    Horrible Bosses- One of the funniest movies I've seen since The Hangover
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2- Do I even need to say anything here?
    Tekken- Just because I love the game
    No Strings Attached- I thought this film was adorable, and I like Natalie Portman, so
    Jane Eyre- Wasn't as good as the book(of course), but I liked it
    Sherlock Holmes: A Gay of Shadows- gaygaygaygaygaygaygaygyagyggyagayyagay

Worst
    The Change-Up- Thought it would be funnier, Ryan Reynolds just doesn't do it for me
    Footloose- Just... Duh
    Happy Feet Two
    Bonnie and Clyde vs Dracula
    Human Centipede 2- I DIDN'T EVEN WATCH THIS. YOU'D THINK THEY'D LEARNED ENOUGH ABOUT ASS-EATING FROM THE FIRST ONE

5. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

Best
    The Lion King 3D - SCARRRR!!!!!!
    Okay..
    Captain America - Captain Freakin American was perfect, DC! Y U NO FOLLOW MARVEL'S EXAMPLE?
    Sherlock Holmes 2 - I went to see it, amazing movie. Better than the first one in my opinion.
    Thor - I REQUEST ANOTHER! They did a great job with Thor.
    Cowboys and Aliens - Because Harrison Ford. That is all.
    Pirates of The Caribbean 4 - Barbossas' peg leg, epic.
    Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon - Aside from Megatron sucking for the most part, good movie. And hey at least he had a cool cape thing.
    Tower Heist - Decent movie, and I totally called the ending.
    Winnie the Pooh - I haven't actually seen it yet....but I know it's good..
    Rango - I forgot it came last year and I saw it, in hindsight it was entertaining, outlaw rattlesnake ftw.

(Side note: I'm sure Harry Potter was good, just haven't seen it yet)

Worst
    Green Lantern - Damn you DC screwing up the Green Lantern..the movie was okay, but gah, it could have been so much better(wasn't really impressed with Reynolds either).
    X-Men First Class - It wasn't that bad of movie entertainment wise(Kevin Bacon, lol), but it wasn't great and had issues.
    Cars 2 - No, just no.
    The Smurfs - Burn it all.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I probably can't think of much bet let me try
    Best
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part two
    Green Lanturn
    Horrible Bosses
    Thor (I really want to see The Avengers more)
    Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon
    The Source Code
    X-men First Class

....And I can't think of any bad films. I don't remember many moves I've seen that I don't like

7. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Best: (random order)
    The Muppets
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
    Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
    Hugo
    The Help
    X-Men First Class (eff y'all, this movie was great ;~;)
    Hanna
    Source Code
    And I really want to see The Artist and War Horse. I know they'd be on this list. :<
    And I'm tempted to put PotC 4 in there because it really was astonishingly good, but they just need to stop this franchise 3 movies ago.

As for worst? I tend to make it a point to not waste my money on movies that I know I won't like. Sometimes I do get dragged to them though...
    Worst
    Breaking Dawn Part 1 (any film involving the chewing of a placenta is not tasteful in my books)
    The Tree of Life (IMHO. I know a lot of people like Terrance Malick films. I just don't.)

8. RoxasJ26 Merlin's Housekeeper

Best Films:
    1.Bad Teacher
    2.The Hangover Part II
    3.Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon
    4.Sherlock Holmes: Games Of Shadows
    5.Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
    6.Fast Five
    7.Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
    Worst Films:
    1.The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 (Found this movie extremely boring compared to The Vampire Diaries)
    2.Sucker Punch
    3.Tree Of Life

9. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

X-Men First Class is the only movie I have seen from this year this year, I think. And it was good. I liked it, and I am not even familiar with the X-Men universe. I do not go out to the theatres much, so...

At least, not to see newer films. Oh! Scratch that, there was another film I saw, The King's Speech. 'twas surprisingly very good, compelled me to purchase the novel albeit I haven't yet read it... should get to that soon, I should.

10. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

The King's Speech was 2010, not last year. :/ You may have seen in this year like I did, but it was released in 2010.

And I forgot Rango. Loved that movie too much. Johnny Depp will never not have a chameleon head in my mind.

11. Hayabusa Venomous

Wow, surprised at a lot of your guys' choices. Opinions and all, I know, so here's mine in no real order(only movies I've seen, which wasn't that many honestly):

Best
    1. X-Men First Class (tied with X2 for my favorite X-Men movie)
    2. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2 (c'mon....)
    3. Horrible Bosses (I did not think I could desire Jennifer Aniston as much as that movie made me...)
    4. Hugo (slow start, but, as an avid lover of film, a necessity for anyone else who has a passion for movies to see)
    5. Source Code (loved the premise of it)
    6. Super 8 (like Cloverfield...if Cloverfield was good)
    7. Rise of the Planet of the Apes (made up for the laughable remake)
    8. A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas (never saw a H&K movie before, but this was awesome)
    9. We Bought a Zoo (came into it not expecting much, and found some really genuine acting performances)

Worst
    1. The Eagle (I HATE Channing Tatum. Bloke can't act worth a damn. Overall, just really boring)
    2. Battle: Los Angeles (I had high hopes, but it turned out to be little more than a glorified US Army commercial)
    3. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (hyped for Blackbeard, who was...meh. Just felt dragged out and kinda boring mostly)