Your singing talents

Discussion in 'Music' started by Chevalier, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Oh... I am in Scotland and I thought you were saying that you could have been in the mational choir the I'm in.

I have a competition on Monday and I heed to have a voice. Stupid Chest Infection.

2. Destined Working for WDW

AHHH well that makes a bit more sense haha. good luck for monday

3. Chevalier Crystal Princess

That was really good,but............(the but ,always) no,nothing im just really amazed by your voice

oh, man ill have to find a more suitable song to sing,you see simple and clean is too high or to low for me to sing it properly

if im gonna sing i gotta have the advantage of a good song one that fits

4. koolashley King's Apprentice

I would post myself singing, and I actually sing pretty good. Here's the video I did on YouTube:

My Video

5. Destined Working for WDW

If only I could sing in an irish / scottish accent, the women would be all over me lol

6. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I had to pull out of the Comp at the last minute I was the only one in that catagory but I just didn't want to kill my voice by trying to sing. I will however be making a thread about a certain peice for Violin that I'm learning ATM.

On my voice, well, some notes are comeing back but I just need to rest it and I will be getting the E Flats again.

7. Xendran Banned

i can sing decently, but my only practice comes form my occasinal rock band vocal match online. my best song i can sing is In Bloom, which i can sing pretty well. i can also sing Are you gonna be my gir pretty well to.

8. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

9. Chevalier Crystal Princess

that was really ,nice i think that youtube did kill the video

thought, you should try to sing from the diafragma

10. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

He means the Diaphragm.

This is my general advice to singers.

When breathing in when just about to sing, breath like you are going to yawn, through you're mouth rather than your nose and try not to lift your shoulders while doing so. This will make the sound sound less naisal.

Really loosen you're jaw and warm up before singing, this will help make the sound come out easier, will prevent damage to the voice and help procuce a brighter tone.

Use you're face when singing use you're eyes and lift you're eyebrows. This will lift the soft pallet helping you create a brighter and smoother tone.

High notes are weak so they need streanth. Really work harder on them because they need more energy and they will sound less weedy if you do.

Try to express yoursel when singing. Read the words on their own as if reading a poem and then take the drama and character you put into the poem and use it in the song.

If singing in a foreign language then you must know what you are talking about. Get a translation and know it inside out. This will help when trying to express the text.

When singing remember when singing vowls:

"North and South in the mouth
    East and West isn't best"

Relax your face and put you're two index fingers resting vertically passing through the corners of you're mouth. You're mouth should never go outside them.

Beginnings and endings of words will never be claer enough. Really emphasise them but don't over do it. Really project them forwards.

That is all I can think of at the minute.

11. Soushirei 運命の欠片

It's diaphragm. <.<

12. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

It sounds that way but is spelled diaphragm.

Alright, thanks, I'll try and rmember that for next time. :3

13. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Sorry It's a weird spelling.

14. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

Yea it is ~_~

Anyway again thanks and I'll use those tips from now on.

15. BaseSebastian Kingdom Keeper

I love to sing but...

Ok:
    Microphone: Check!
    Singing Talents like The late great crooner Dean Martin: Double Check!
    Knowledge on how to actually record my voice into the computer because I just recently got the microphone working and is noobish about it: No check! Help!

16. Chevalier Crystal Princess

sorry , i didnt know that word in english so...........but you understood it,right?

Diafram, it is then. i think i can make a recording of me singing

i already made one............but i found out simple and clean wasnt really that simple and clean as the original does it (she is a soprano after all ,and using the song to get the right tone would just break my vocal cords!)

17. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I'm a treble (yay for me) so I don't have to worry about that yet.

18. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Utada Hikaru is a 1st Alto at best. Her tone is too low for a Soprano. She may be able to sing some notes in the range of a Soprano, but her voice pegs her an undeniable alto. For the record, most female pop entertainers are altos.

19. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

Umm...well if you have WMM you could plug the microphone into that and record it with this that...I dunno, did you read the instructions yet? *also doesn't know how* ~_~ I used a camera to record my song.

20. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

@ Soushirei and Chevaileir: Can't we just go middle ground and say a Mezzo-Soprano.