Your religious belief?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Crypt, Jan 27, 2012.

1. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Not true. Most Atheists that I know aren't particularly vocal about it and would be willing to change their belief if there is definitive proof of god(s). Additionally, Christians, like Atheists, take their belief as fact because they consider it to be a fact. How is that any different from what's annoying about Atheism?

2. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

I'm catholic, the reasons for this is because I was raised that way. And I do believe in God. Live and study in a school catholic, so I think the reason is that I was raised learning it and I can now say that I am catholic myself, I think.

3. Crypt Traverse Town Homebody

Religious schools don't seem like a good fit. They enforce religion.

4. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Your schools enforced another belief system. What is the difference? Yours is correct?

Both are fundamentally flawed, I am afraid. The act of enforcing a belief is itself a problem.

5. Maggy Gummi Ship Junkie

I've gone through some transitions but fundamentally I was raised Catholic.

I do believe in God but I don't like going to church, studying the bible, or performing any overly religious tasks of that sort if I don't feel the need to. When I go to church I don't feel comfortable at all and I see no need to follow a book that has probably been distorted to only target a certain group of people.
    I believe that people are free to do as much good as they want, when and how they want to. Humans are free to love whomever they want and share their opinions, ideas, and beliefs without forcing them on anyone.

Sometimes I kinda wish there was no "religion" because it tends to cause more damage than good. We can all believe in something just as long as we don't make it into something that should be "default" or mandatory. I don't talk much about religion with anyone because I can never know if they agree with me or if they feel offended. I say just be you, do good things for the sake of being good and helping others so that you can feel happy and at peace...

I'm not sure of where I stand, whether there is a god, be it Christian or Santa Maria or etcetera, but I do feel like there might be a higher being...somewhere. Some sort of...force, maybe. I do find the concept of reincarnation interesting, as well.

6. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

You thought this out very carefully, more than I can say for most people in this world...First I'd like to point out that a name is a word and Yahweh is Hebrew for god. The Jewish, Christian and Muslim god specifically. The differences between them stem from history, the Muslims can trace their heritage back to the biblical story of Isaac and Ishmael, Ishmael being the one they follow (Historically that is). Isaac went to become one of the three patriarchs of Judaism and Christianity. We all know where Christians ad Jews separate. I'd also point to a theory on the location of hell. Ask 10 scientist about global warming and you will get 10 slightly to greatly different answers, but one thing they will all agree on is that Our sun will eventually consume our planet. I personally believe that when they say that hell is below us, they don't mean underground, they mean earth. All those damned souls, all of the Timothy Mcveigh's, Osama Bin Laden's, and Adolf Hitler's are bound to be stuck here until the earth is destroyed.
    Thats just my 2 cents...take it or leave it. Just some thoughts and ideas.

7. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

Born and raised Catholic but now a little on the Christian belief.
    To be honest I dont think much of it.
    I would like to say more but my brain is in a lazy state due to my 4 day weekend Lol.

8. Um...Well I was born into a Mormon, I think but I was not raised like that I don't know why but yeah I don't have a religion bot to the extent that I don't believe somethings there, but I don't know what.

9. sora awsome11/10 Traverse Town Homebody

I am not catholic. Nor am I christian. But I'm not a Atheist. I believe in God and all that. I don't know how to explain. Really.

10. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I think I understand. You believe in God, but you don't believe in religion. Am I in the ballpark?

11. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Born a Catholic, dabbled a bit in Wicca during late high school/first year of college, dipped back into Catholic after so many things in my life made me think somebody up there isn't quite done with me yet.

12. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I guess you can say that I believe in the Christian God, meaning God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I was raised as a Catholic and was even an Evangelical for a little while. Both lifestyles have their pros and cons, but they both don't really seem to work for me. Like I said, I believe in the Christian God; you can say that I'm a Christian, but I do not belong to any denomination. I do think that there are some things in the Bible that are messed up, so I mainly guide myself on the good things that Jesus preached about in the four Gospels, mainly love thy neighbor. That's what is my truth.

13. sora awsome11/10 Traverse Town Homebody

Yep you got it right.