Your Religion Choice

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Rainbow~Monkey, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Cyanide King's Apprentice

I think religion is (or well, should be) a private matter anyway. People spend too much time worrying about their neighbors' beliefs and not enough on reflecting on their own.

I get some people are trying to help others, but it needs to be understood that some people don't want to, and sometimes, just can't be helped. I don't have a problem having a religious discussion with people, but I don't go out of my way to try to change anyone's beliefs in real life, or here.

On a side note, it's interesting to consider that Pascall's Wager is completely invalid even if it amounted to "it's better to believe in something than nothing", rather than "it's better to believe in the christian god than nothing" like I believe it was meant to express. How do we know that if god(s) exist(s), he/they rewards blind faith? Maybe he/they value skepticism and the search for the truth more. in the end, everyone's taking a risk, no matter what they believe.

I like to think that if a benevolent god (or gods) exist, they'd judge people by their merits as, well, people, and not their religious convictions. And like I've pointed out before, hell proper doesn't even exist in christian doctrine anyway.

2. childofturin Why?

Yea..., but... whatever. That post was pretty irrelevant for the Discussion Section. In the Spam Zone, it would pass.

I like that theory. I really do. Those sentences, right there, seem like the truest things I've ever heard about any religion. And, if they are true, then I don't need to change a thing!

3. Rainbow~Monkey Gummi Ship Junkie

you guys still dont understand me.
    i said id risk my life if i had to.
    im not forcing people or tortuing people.
    so please stop.

4. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

That is an amazing way to look at this whole contraversary....i would rather have a god(s) judge me for following my pursuit of knowledge and the good i have done for other people by using that gained knowledge than by me going to church every sunday, and reading every passage in the bible...

5. Styx That's me inside your head.

Bold words. Did you ever have to risk your life for something?

6. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

Raised as a Christain, became an Atheist, now I'm Agnostic (I decided I preferred to take the middle, open minded road).

7. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

This is the last thing that i am going to say because it is getting me nowhere, KaseyKockroach has a good idea in mind, why either belive in a god or belive in no god, when you can just be you and not deal with it, and just think that there is at lest a "Higher Power" That no one can explain.....

8. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

Has anyone else noticed that he's just agreeing with everybody?

9. jafar custom title

My prediction was correct. Look, just stop with trying to convert people and shit. If you read my reason why, which it seems like you did, then you'd know why I and some others would appreciate if you just stop. It's quite obviously a hopeless cause.

10. Rainbow~Monkey Gummi Ship Junkie

not that i can recall.

i heard already, sheesh.

11. Styx That's me inside your head.

I thought as much. There are few 13-year olds who do. But let me ask you this then: how can you be so sure that you can risk your life for what you believe? What guarantee do we have that you won't chicken out in the end? You're talking about risking your life, about sacrifice, while you don't even know what it means.

12. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

I don't believe in religion. religions give you restrictions, and some of those restrictions don't even make sense. I believe that one should live their life as they choose to. I don't believe in god either, but for completely different reasons. I have morals and I believe in being a good person, I just don't believe in god. That's all I'm going to say on this topic because I make it a motto of mine not to try and convince anyone. I don't like arguing about this topic.

13. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

This statement makes more sense then it should.

Making the risk of your own life for your belief is something that shoudn't be put out in that second. You should think about it, and see what you actually believe in, and not something your parents or family forced down your throat.
    I thought of that when I had the choice.
    And I'm not going to repeat myself from my other post.

14. Rainbow~Monkey Gummi Ship Junkie

i know what sacrifice means. i cant think of a time i risked my life. i had to give up a lot of things before and risk things though.i am sure , i will risk myself. i wont "chicken out". i just know it. im not lieing about this, i extremely serious about this.

15. Dark Link Banned

i choose catholic because of my family is catholic

16. ArchVice Gummi Ship Junkie

I was born Catholic but converted to Christian when I was 19 by choice.

17. Solitaire Moogle Assistant

Hm. I guess I'm Christian by choice. It gives hope to a hopeless world, and helps me hold on, knowing that somebody like God may be looking out for me.

18. Juicy Chaser

Lol, that doesnt even make sense. What branch of Christianity are you now?

19. Blademaster Mai'kel Hollow Bastion Committee

Great reason. *sarcasm*

20. ArchVice Gummi Ship Junkie

I should have clarified. Pentecostal.