Your Religion Choice

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Rainbow~Monkey, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Cherry Pie Pwns Gummi Ship Junkie

I never really choose, since my mom and dad were Christian (Mom's Methodist and Dad's Catholic.) but one thing I always thank them for is the fact that when I was growing up, I never went to a Catholic Church. Not that I hate Catholics, I just don't agree with a lot of their values. So technically I'm Christian, but I don't believe some of the things most of them believe in, (Aka Gay marriage, abortion, whatever.) but believe in the basics (Jesus, God, Commandments, all that fun stuff.)

2. jafar custom title

Seperation of Church and State. Kind of ironic keeping it and that law. Makes us a bunch a hypocrites.

3. Geoffrey Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm the laid-back version of the very religious Christian. I have no division, I think church is rather unnecessary, and I believe that the most important thing I need to worry about is my relationship with God. I could care less what others do, only to wish them good luck and say "Don't harm yourself along the way, because you're accountable for your own actions."

As my favorite president said, "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

I infer that person carrying the big stick being God. Don't believe in Him? He'll kawacka you.

4. Haseo Knight of Light

I consider myself an atheist. When I was a kid, I never really went to church. My parents were never really religious either. So basically, I could be whatever I wanted to be, and no one would question otherwise. I chose to be atheist because it just doesn't seem possible that a big guy that no one has ever seen could of created the entire universe.:L

And Rainbow~Monkey, stop preaching. You're American, aren't you? One of the bases of America is freedom.
    The law of the US completely states that people are entitle to worship whatever they please, whether that means Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Shintoism, Satanism, Agnosticism, Atheism, Paganism, whatever. You can't force your beliefs on someone, and you have no right to make someone your religion just because your holy book says so. A book that was written before the fall of the Roman Empire. And look at what happened because of people not wanting other religions. Do you think the Crusades and the Holocaust were good things? Because they weren't. Rant ended.

5. childofturin Why?

I don't see it as religious, anymore - I see it as heritage. We were founded as a bunch of religious, mostly Christian refugees fleeing the Catholic Church. Even if it wasn't added in until later, it's still part of the fabric of America.

6. Rainbow~Monkey Gummi Ship Junkie

No. you dont tell me what to do boy, i will not stop. i have a right to preach. ill go to a country where it is illegal to tell about God and i will tell even if i get punished or killed cuz God gave me permission to.

7. Cyanide King's Apprentice

You can't possibly mean that. Do you have any semblance of what you're saying? If not, I shudder at the kind of education you must have had.

8. Rainbow~Monkey Gummi Ship Junkie

I mean it and my parents didn't teach me that either. You must not know how much God means to me and how much I want to tell people about God, I'm that serious, he is real.

9. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

10. Cyanide King's Apprentice

What's the point of making a thread in the Discussion section if you're not willing to properly discuss your viewpoint with others?

All your posts amount to are " god exists listen to me subjective bullshit arguments that prove nothing baaaaaaw". There's little thought process or attempt to formulate a valid response involved.

What you have isn't even a belief. It's a dogma. If you really want to preach to anyone, try formulating intelligent responses, though either way, you're quite unlikely to convince anyone of God's existence, especially if you keep acting the way you are now.

11. Rainbow~Monkey Gummi Ship Junkie

i know it seems that way, but i were to talk to you in real life it would be a lot easier and it wouldnt sound like i was making you convert. i already said sorry for that.

12. Daydreamer

I seriously hope your not willing to be killed in the name of God. If you are going to put your life on the line for something, I believe it it should be for what you want, not what someone/something else demands. Islamic suicide bombers kill others and kill themselves, all while thinking that what they are doing is right because they believe God sent them on a mission to do so. So many wars are started in the name of religion, and history never ceases to repeat itself. There's no way I'll be seduced into a religion with promises of rewards in heaven or a happy life, religion is my devil.

Hitler was a Christian who believed that if God didn't want the Jews to be purged from the world, he would have intervened and stopped him from coming to power. By starting the holocaust, he believed he was fighting for the work of the Lord. The 42 failed assassination attempts on Hitler's life only made him more determined and made him believe he was immortal. If you think that Hitler doesn't accurately represent a person that enters heaven, forget the notion that everything different is evil.

Religion controls, as why I don't want to be a part of one. I wouldn't want to blindly follow a religion or a set of rules, I'm much happier thinking and making decisions for myself.

13. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

People don't think about me before they say these things. D:

14. Styx That's me inside your head.

What does it matter how sorry you are if you aren't even willing to change it?
    More so: how genuine can your apology be when you're not even considering a different approach?

15. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

i know that there are going to be people who aren't gonna agree with what i am about to say, but:

It is hard to think if there is a god or a heaven or hell or many gods, i don't have a religious cult or anything like that, but i do have a feeling of a higher power like i belive in the big bang theory and evolution *ONLY because there is enough information about the subjects and i want to be a scientist for a career*
    i do have a partial religous backround but i don't go to church but i do have a bible and i have read a lot of the passages but that is my life choice and no one can tell me what to do about it...

16. 007 Hollow Bastion Committee

Christian
    German-Lutheran
    WELS

You really can't choose Christianity. The Holy Spirit goes in your heart and then you believe.

17. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

yes i agree, there isn't just one "perfect" religion but the one that is perfect for you is the one that you either join or don't...

18. childofturin Why?

Story of my life. I have even read the entire Bible through multiple times, the first attempt being when I was about to enter Kindergarten. I then left the faith after realizing how much evidence there is against Christianity, how intolerant Christians are, and what I wanted my career path to be (I cannot accept, in the interests of future archaeology, that the world will end before we cause it to or before the sun dies).

I used to be like you, R~M, except that I, luckily, didn't have internet access. Then, I realized something - you cannot change scientific minds through blind faith. You MUST use logic, reasoning, and above all, PROOF.

19. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

Worst argument I have heard EVER. I'm just saying that it's wrong from any standpoint.

20. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

oh my god....this is the first time that i have talked to someone here that wants hard core evidence and i think that is awsome, and for the reference, i read the passages because my mom is religous so i do it of my own free will for her......