Your most hated character?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by 2Foxxie4U, Sep 5, 2007.

?

Do you hate Sora

1. Yes, he's too niave

28 vote(s)
    17.3%
  2. No, he follows his heart

84 vote(s)
    51.9%
  3. I don't hate him or like him

50 vote(s)
    30.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hubba-Bubba-Bubbles Hollow Bastion Committee

2. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Kiari i completely respect your opinion and that is your opinion but i don't like him nor do i dislike him.

3. Legion Twilight Town Denizen

how can someone hate him? he's the main character

4. Dredica SNES was the best.

I hate Sora, but Riku is awesome. Riku uses his head, not his heart.

5. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

More of this "Do you hate ______?" stuff...

I don't hate any characters from Kingdom Hearts. Each character has a specified role in the game.
    Sora - Main character. Fourteen year old boy that is suddenly thrown into saving the universe.
    Kairi - Sora's best friend and love interest. One of Sora's reasons to fight, and proof that despite separation, love can survive.
    Riku - Angst-ish. Not completely, but sort of a darker character and adds a human side of the game. How would you like it if one of your long-time friends suddenly turned "evil" and fought against you?

What I don't understand is why people hate Sora. He's a video game character, composed of data off a disk. =\

6. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

I would like him...but his corny-ness seriously pisses me off sometimes. So i pick the "dont hate or like him" option.

7. Aura Goddess

Exactly.That's why I love Sora.

8. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Sora is amazing. End of story. I love him forever and ever <3

9. Repliku Chaser

I found Sora to be a refreshing 'hero' for a change so I voted I like him. Yes, at times his naivety and low perception of things other than feelings and instinct are annoying but funny at the same time, but I just can't hate the character because for once in a long time in FF games...he's not dramatically over-emotional and depressed. He actually tries to follow his heart in positive ways and even if he makes stupid mistakes I think he and Riku counter each other's failings well. If you use too much logic or too much emotion to make decisions all the time, it hurts but with both paired up they are pretty unstoppable. I do hope to see him 'grow up' some but Sora was likable and it was good to see that someone could be friendly, optimistic and not so down in the dumps for once...in a long time.

10. Zandyne King's Apprentice

As Repliku has already stated, Sora is a rather likable character for those reasons. Another is that he has a personality that feels sincere, and what's wrong with having an earnest hero?

Sure he isn't the brightest bulb but he more than makes up with his sincerity and light-hearted character.

11. Absol Hollow Bastion Committee

No, he's cool, though naive.

12. P Banned

Thanks to ICSP, yes.

Congratulations. You lost the war, but won the battle.

Now I dislike Sora in the 3D games apart from KH1.

In KH1, I liked him. Cheerful personality, not exactly stupid. He followed his heart, and gave some great speeches about Kingdom Hearts. His reactions and such were always good.

In Com, I found him slightly more 'shoot first, ask questions later' but that was only with Axel, and understandable with the memory change. I liked his angry personality a fair bit here, although it was boardering on kh2 type personality.

RE:com I disliked. I like the scenes, but it is the small things, such as at the start, he tries to slash Murluxia through the head. I do not like this bit of him. At that point in time, the robed figure had done nothing to him, and he tried to kill him.

KH2 was bad. He gained more angst, and some depth, at the cost of intellect. He attacked people for little reason (Demyx) and was too eager to fight. I can understand that they were messing with him, but I did not really like this personality. One minute he was preaching about hearts, next thing he was using low lines such as 'You can't feel anything' when it was irrelivant. No, kh1 and COM were better. Re:COM may have been bearable, I only saw a few scenes.

See? I like some time frames of Sora, others not. It is more complicated than a simple yes/no answer.

Then again, if I dislike Sora, who do I like? I know I am not a Riku fan. I like Repliku.

I suppose I am a young Sora/Repliku fan. A careful choice, to be sure.

13. Kaihedgie Gummi Ship Junkie

These kinds of topics are just plain stupid. XD What's the point of hatin' a bunch of polygons slapped together with a fancy texture? XD

In all seriousness, no, I don't hate Sora. At least he isn't emo. XD

14. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Well, you gotta remember that he hasn't seen his friends in a year, and that they're in constant danger. He knows that Riku's in the world of darkness, and he doesn't have any contact with.

The events with Roxas may have something to do with his personality change. Roxas was part of Sora, and with his removal, Sora's personality changed.
    But also remember that Sora's fifteen, meaning he's a teenager. And I can safely say that most teens his age have random mood swings, myself included. >_>;;

15. thedancingprat Merlin's Housekeeper

16. P Banned

Random mood swings can be realistic, but I find they do not improve a character. More often than not, it turns them into a whiny prat. (Harry Potter)
    Besides, it really conflicts with his image when he suddenly tried to lob someone's head off for no reason.

Roxas was only out of Sora in KH:COM/KH:RE:COM. in KH2 he came back into him.

His friends being worried is understandable in COM. In KH2, Mickey told them that Riku was safe.

17. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Moods do make a character more human-like though, and I think that's what SE might've been trying to get across. Even though he's saving the world(s), Sora's still human.

Yes, Mickey may have said he was safe, but that still doesn't mean that he knows where Riku is. He's probably also concerned about people's memories, as Kairi needed help to remember him at the beginning.

18. P Banned

But why the random swinging at the org in Castle Oblivion?

I agree, moods do make a character more realistic, but random mood swings do not. He also became ******ed in kh2. They tried to make him less mature.

19. Xegreny Kingdom Keeper

Oh I don't know. Why wouldn't you, after fighting hundreds upon thousands of Heartless, AND Xehanort's Heartless enter a castle, to see a mysterious figure appearing. >_>;;

As far as Sora knew, the Org could've tied to kill him. Oh wait. They did.

20. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

I agree but at least harry has a reason.He isn't constantly asking for trouble but trouble comes to him.Sora looks for trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.