Your most hated character?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by 2Foxxie4U, Sep 5, 2007.

?

Do you hate Sora

1. Yes, he's too niave

28 vote(s)
    17.3%
  2. No, he follows his heart

84 vote(s)
    51.9%
  3. I don't hate him or like him

50 vote(s)
    30.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Repliku Chaser

I don't really know if I care at this point because you keep hammering it into the ground the Org are the good guys and yet this is pointless. Whatever the reason it does not excuse what they did to Sora and others who were innocent of it. You miss the point entirely. Even if they had some righteous heroic reason, it doesn't justify how they went about things to get their goals. It really does not. The Org were cool and all. I think they are great characters (or most any way.) but the point still stands that their methods of getting their goal was not right and the ends do not always justify the means.

2. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

No ones life was threatened...

Goodnight man... I got to go.

3. Amber PLUR

*enters thread*

*about to say something*

*sees Sora vs Org debate*

*leaves*

4. Repliku Chaser

You were the smart one.

Anyway, see you guys tomorrow. I've got school in...a few hours. joy. But ICSP, I consider sending Heartless after people or trying to make Beast lose his Heart, Jack getting cursed, etc kind of potential danger. Any way, I'll let this drop so people can get on with the normal function of what the thread is supposed to be. Peace out.

5. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Er... *sigh* Why is this AGAIN leaning in to a "SORA/ORG JUSTIFIED" thing? O.o' *facepalm* Ego, ego, ego...

I'm neutral on SORA. Sure he was a dumb@ss at points, and naive, but he still was a boy of good heart. He did what he did for the sake of his friends and for the good of the wrold. He was often hasty in the matters but he was not often given the choice to look things over. What do I mean? It means that I DON'T CARE. All I knew was that he was the main character, and the character I controlled, and I did what I have to do. I don't care if Sora was an idiot, I don't care if Sora was a saint. He's JUST a character. Just like Kairi, Riku, Axel, Roxas, Xigbar or whoever the hell it is... Neither do I hate a charcter, not do I love them. [I may favor certain chacters, but my favoratism hops from character to charcter in KH. . . I have my days/weeks/months with certain characters]

6. EvilMan_89 Code Master

this isn't a topic about Sora justified......please let's not get into this

7. Hi-ppos! Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm just gonna add my two cents and say I'm pretty indifferent. In video games, I never care for the main character as much as I care for everyone around him/her. I think that Sora ALWAYS follows his heart, and has a good heart. I believe he loves his friend and his cause, but I also believe he doesn't quite get it.

8. Kaiionel Hollow Bastion Committee

I love Sora. He follows his heart and it leads him on the right path, and even if he is pretty naive, he's got Riku to balance him out. What do you expect, though? He lived on a tiny little island for fourteen years, so he didn't know much about anything yet. Lack of experience, if you know what I mean. I also like that he puts his friends first and is a good person, never allowing the darkness to tempt him--but he's still realistic. I mean, he's not very bright and he says some pretty stupid things, but he's a teenage boy. Teenage boys tend to be impulsive, so if he doesn't come across as very intelligent, I'd say he's still a great character.

9. TacoGrenade King's Apprentice

its not that i hate sora its just that i like roxas better.

10. water mage Kingdom Keeper

Personally I only got into Kingdom Hearts fandom because of Organization XIII and Cloud, Leon and Sephiroth. I know you're thinking that is a lame reason, but lets get back for my reason of hating Sora.

I feel he is to cocky and has a bit of an attiude problem. He doesn't think before he reacts and he relies on Donald and Goofy to much. His character really bores me and upsets me for he is very ignorant. You can clearly tell I'm for the Organization. I mean all they wanted was to exist and Sora didn't care about that. He also judged them to quickly and nearly got his butt kicked several times, but it was Donald and Goofy that got him out of the mess. Sora has a lot of growing up to do and I'm so glad that his clothes were changed in Kingdom Hearts II because they were awful in the other two earlier games.

11. Mathias Jay beauty is in everything

Eeehh. Sora is okay.

I like him because of what he does and who he is, but he's not my favorite.

12. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Honestly, he isn't good or bad. He is alright.

13. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

Sora... I don't really think he should have been the main character of the story, not saying he shouldn't have been in the story line. Roxas should have been the main character...but then again, that's probably why they're making 358/2 days. Otherwise, I don't hate or like Sora, he's just ok. lol (confusing)

14. RoxaSora2010 Nulla è reale. Tutto è lecito.

Why I would have to hate him? DX He's cool, as Roxas

15. Repliku Chaser

I kind of laughed at this...since your choices of Cloud, Leon and Sephiroth were made..and then you said Sora has a cocky issue and an attitude problem. Cloud and Sephiroth (Leon less than Squall so I don't so much feel right counting him in this) are both very cocky. Cloud is also super emo and has an attitude problem that gets him into trouble through FF VII and Advent Children. He shows the quality a lot in KH as well, focusing on himself and his problems and not paying attention to his friends but to make dramatic emo comments until they have to dive in his way. Not saying I don't like Cloud but his attitude fits more of what you are picturing Sora as. Look at how Cloud hates Sephiroth no matter what etc. If he was pitted against the Org and not so self-absorbed, he wouldn't have bothered to talk to them which Sora did try. I didn't find Sora arrogant as much as I found him to be clueless at times and caught in over his head where he had little choice but to make decisions. I do agree he has a lot of growing up to do but he's also supposed to be a hero for Disney and FF, so he has to be lighter of heart.

16. The Great Gatz Chaser

Yeah he's kinda stupid but remember it's part Disney so the main character has to be that way but he's ok. Not like Naruto. -_-

17. Scott Pilgrim Banned

He's too stupid. Like when ever the organization talks to him he always says something like "Guy's a broken record." or "I guess ou wanna psych me out by saying really random stuff." I fit wasn't for donald and goofy always sticking their heads out in sora's business then he'd probobly be on the organizations side. That might be an exaggeration but the main point is that sora is stupid.:stupid:

18. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

Yes. Because Riku or Roxas could've been the main characters...somehow.

*leaves*

19. water mage Kingdom Keeper

Ok let me explain something here. Sora is mostly ignorant and does stupid things based on not thinking about his choices or reacting without thinking. It doesn't mean he is stupid otherwise he would never learn from his mistakes and would never show growth. My reasons for hating Sora are hoping to be clear and reasonable and have a point behind them.

Yeah I admit it. If I wanted to really hate Sora it would be because he defeated my favorite character in the entire Kingdom Hearts franchise.*cough Demyx cough*. I could of really dissed Sora for haivng to see Demyx disappear in a cruel heart wrenching tragic way he did since it seemed to me his character all he wanted to do was to exist like anyone else, but Sora had to beat him like all the others, so it hurts me to say this since I love Demyx so much, I can't hate Sora for that.

It's simply a combination of his ignoraqnce, boastful attiude that gets him in trouble and he has to seek help from his friends to get out of it not to mention his lines in the game get him in that trouble such as the line he says to Sephiroth and then because of that he ends up fighting him when it could have been prevented.

20. fire mage Hollow Bastion Committee

My reasons for hating Sora.

He is too narrow minded and does seem clueless and forgetful at times (except when he is called Roxas by the other members) if it weren't for Donald and Goofy reminding him of certian things such as the Organization they would of easily taken care of him, even though Master Yen told Sora about them in the first place. He also seems to whine alot and seems to get on other people's bad sides and make them fight him. To me it seems he always wants to challenge everyone who is an rival or could be a rival to him. He also instigates people to fight him in a way. Sure he is the main character and he has his flaws, but being whiny for a 15 year old seems annoying when he says some dialogue that makes him sound like he is whinning brat. He also is very cocky especially to villians or to anyone who poses a threat to him which gets him into trouble if it weren't for Donald and Goofy to get him out of it. At times Sora doesn't think and that also gets him into trouble. The Sepiroth fight was caused because Sora being rude to him.

Some examples dialoges for the whining
    "But Leon and the others are friends too." "Leave us alone!" "Please!" perfect examples for his tone of whinning.

He also mocks and seems almost like a bully to Demyx who clearly tells him. "You shouldn't judge anybody by appearance!"

"Is there anyone else from the Organization who would like to fight show yourself." This is an example of him being an insitigater besides wanting to fight the Organization when they appeared in Hallow Bastion. . So how can people say he is not cocky?

I could also be biased and say he is the reason Axel died who is my favorite character. Especially when they are in the betwix realm and Axel said "Get going!" and then Sora stupidly stood there when Axel was fighting the dusks in order to get Sora to trust him so he could attempt to try to turn him into a heartless. Sure Sora didn't trust him, but any common sense person would leave if they had the chance especially if they were being overwhelemed. Instead he asks him. "Why?" Axel probably must of thought that was a stupid thing to say and says to him, "Don't ask just GO!" and then the red head felt he needed to get him out of it when Sora starts whining "Leave us alone!" as they got surrounded by the dusk. Then the little brat is snippy to Axel and says "Feeling a little regret?" to Axel who could of easily have killed him if he wanted to (hence Sora does'n't know how to keep his mouth shut and brings on fights) and , but instead Axel sacrifices himself to prove a point that nobodies aren't evil as Sora protrays them while Axel is fading away he the way he said. "It's not like nobodies actually have BEINGS! showed a perfect example that he wanted Sora to feel guilt, and it looked like he had accomplished or touched Sora's heart because Sora did have sympathy for the fact that Axel was fading away besides mentioning he wanted to see Roxas again.

These are facts and not opinion besides saying that Axel is my favorite character. I could go on with every little thing that Sora does to make people mad at him and chose fights, but I won't and I don't hate him because he helped with the destruction of my favorite character like some would claim why they hate a certain character.. I may explain more later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.