Your First RP Experiences.

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Bushy, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Barakon-King Traverse Town Homebody

I started in 2006. I was 10 turning eleven and going to Faith Baptist Academy (shudder) in the 6th grade. I was pretty bad at English then but I had this friend, Ruston, who was willing to help me out. I figured he meant some tutoring lessons, but he brought me to this website and let me read his posts and see certain parts of speech and grammar. At first the concept of RPing reminded me of D&D and LARPing seemed a little geekish to me and I didn't want to (ironic considering I'm in an RP about LARPing right now lol). But being able to tell a story cooperatively with a bunch of different people really appealed to me. The first RP I was in was called Shadow Guardians and it was on a (now-defunct) site called chatvillagedotnet. I was pretty bad, but he said I showed potential because I preferred paragraph form to asterisks. At the same time I was frequenting this game called Dance! Online where I would sit in the lobby and RP with some friends I'd made there.

From there I moved on to this website (now under ****** new management with a wiped archive) called rpgnsiderdotcom. That was probably where I was really got my footing in RPs. I was averaging at least a paragraph a post and I was getting more descriptive as I went. I also started to take a liking to writing too during all this. In the summer after seventh grade, I found KHV trying to find Kingdom Hearts 3 news (go figure) and checked out the RP section. Arch/Firion/Prince/Stardust/Aiden Pearce was the first friend I made here (I think the only one, I leave to much to make others...o_o) and my activity got real spotty after a year of being an active RPer here.

I've mostly just been popping in and out of different boards for RPing fixes over the years but I'm determined to stay rooted here for a while. Lol it's been a long time and a ton's changed though. It's crazy how I'm an older member than a lot of people but my post count is so low because RP posts never counted. >_<

2. Glen Returned from the dead

Tell us about your first RP experiences.
    I've been writing short stories since I was about seven years old, but I still considered myself to be fairy new to roleplaying when I signed up. It was kinda chaotic at times, but I found that I really, really enjoyed it.
    When you first started?
    A few years ago. Not sure of the exact year, but I know it was more than two.
    Why?
    To give it a try. Figured it couldn't be too different to writing a story on your own right? Wrong, it's much more fun.
    What?
    Erm, I believe it was a kingdom hearts rp, and the general idea was that the world of kingdom hearts had come to earth. Loved every bit of it, good and bad alike.
    Is RPing special to you?
    Extremely. I couldn't live without it, It's one of my favourite things to do without a doubt.
    anything you can think of!

3. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Rping has always been a form of life line for me whenever times were tough back in middle school. At the time I was going through a phase, and my imagination was what kept my emotions anchored. I drew a lot of comics, and wrote short stories. So it was only a matter of time before a good friend of mine introduced me to the world of Roleplaying. I remember in my earlier days rping for me had started with a game called, "Furcadia". That was where I would congregate a lot; specifically Kingdom Hearts RP. Helped my writing a lot. From there, I moved on to my first forum based RP section which was in Thefinalfantasy website. The RP's there were so lively at the time. Digimon, Kingdom hearts, Final fantasy, originals, etc. I Spent some time there for a while before I found KH-vids. Man, now that I think about it...the roleplay section had a ton of participants. Each roleplay I joined had more new faces than familiar ones. (I'm not saying that isn't the case now, but it WAS a huge difference.)

I was Rping, way before I got paid to RP.... I guess I just like the way it feels.

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I think the first RP I did was a Pokémon gijinka dealio on Mt. Moon, a small Pokémon forum. It was in...2007? 2008? It did get me into roleplaying and I really enjoyed it...but my characters were such painful Mary Sues. ;____;

...Now that I think about it, I was kicking around some ideas a while back for making a short ficlet series about reinventing those characters as non-Sues... I should get on that.

5. Sara Tea Drinker

I started rp'ing purely by dumb luck, actually...

I was looking around for videos on a series when I found a bunch of people rp'ing in a chat box. I spent a week watching them and found it a frigging blast and asked to join. They welcomed me with open arms and we didn't really do much with our posts. (It was scripted, and yes, I know a ton of rp'ers would cringe in horror at our posts, admittedly I looked back at it a few months ago and did the same thing. lolz...)

But it was fun, we had a blast and bounced around a ton of ideas amongst each other. I honestly only had a group once since then like that where formality of how many sentences per post, how colorful it is, and asking permission for any idea was thrown out the window and it was just about fun. I fell in love with rp'ing and miss both groups a lot of the times when trying to find another rp like that. I would say it was a long time ago, no year time... lolz... It was years even before I started working here. When the rp fell apart I had a year between that and working here.

Rp'ing for me will always be special. When I have a bad day, it helps me relax and get away from my problems. It also allows me to expand my own self and be creative when usually I really can't. I don't see myself giving it up unless I find another dead period, even then it's hard for me to stop rp'ing and I miss doing so.

6. Mysty Unknown

Oh man its been so long. I've been RPing since I was 13, that was a good 8 years ago. Ah, 13 and naive. I thought my 17 year old friend KiKi was the baddest guy ever. Oh boy was he a something else and now that I look back, he really wasn't. Okay off topic....

My first RP experience was in an RP called The Lunar Chronicles, it was originally a Pokemon based RP but it was all off. It eventually just became a video game only RP, based on Nintendo console characters so characters like Nights and Sonic were aloud. We were SO BAD though. We just did actions and quotes. I.E.

Nights flew in the air to meet Darkrai.

"I'm here now."

Nights was ready for battle.

That is how bad we RP'd it was ridiculous. Every character was basically OOC. That is what I had to base RPing on for the longest time unil Slaughtermatic introduced me to KHV to do an Avatar RP. THAT was a good RP and I am so sad that it died because of the creator vanishing. Either way, I was better at RPing thanks to some of his tips. Though, I had this bad habbit (still do) of talking in a certain person point of view. That's just how I writer so really you can get mad at me. I aint changin'. Oh man my RPing has become so much better over the years. Better enough to apparently win most improved RPer... either last year or this year. Either or it is MoK and I.

Now I RP on here and Tumblr and I love it more now than I did way back when. Of course, its more fun when you have competent RPers among you. Met some good people here in RPA. Heck, the first person I've RPd with is Gexln (Dr. Wiggles) and we've been buds ever since. Ah... good time... good times.

7. Aelin Best Waifu

Tell us about your first RP experiences. My first RP experience was in the group section of khv while I was too shy to venture to the actual forum. Met a few people who started a silly little kingdom hearts based roleplay thing. When I ventured to the actual forum I found one that was kind of interesting but a short one, didn't last long. I just built up from there, getting more bold in the rps I chose to join and better at rping. I had fun in the first one in the group section but it was really simple and often got far too silly. Not serious in the slightest built did get me on creating my own characters and building ideas for them and personalities and stuff.
    When you first started? I first started in 2011 at some point, when I was around 5
    Why? It was a good escape from life, distraction from everything around me.
    Is RPing special to you? Yeah it is, it is how I met and connect with a lot of my closest friends now. It also keeps my mind busy most of the time which is something I need so it has in a sense become a part of my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

8. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

My very first rp experience was actually here, way back in an era of darkness that I refer to as simply; "2009." I took part in an RP run by one "Smackdoodle McGiggles" named "The Elite Organization." Man, just thinking about it gives me nostalgia. When I read it, I cringe at my posts though. So much bad grammar... so many one-liners... CURSE YOU PAST ME GIVE ME CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!

Ahem... I look back on those days fondly, however. Even when I read through my posts, I take comfort in the fact that i'm far better than I once was.

9. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Tell us about your first RP experiences.
    I've done plenty of RPs in the past, both on here and everywhere else I tend to float around. I didn't really take it seriously until I came to KH-Vids.
    When you first started?
    Around 2012-ish at most.
    Why?
    I was looking around on Google for pictures of Vanitas. I saw a particular one with him standing with to other beings, presumably the dark counterparts of Terra and Aqua.
    What?
    It turned out that the pic came from Krowley's Kingdom Hearts S.O.S. I gave it a look-over and thought, "Hey, why not?" and the rest is history.
    Is RPing special to you?
    Of course! It relieves me of the mundane life I need to prepare for after finishing high school, and give me a momentary reprieve to something I can enjoy.
    Making friends, making stories, are all the general things I love in an RP.