Kingdom Hearts III Your Fears for KH-3?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Zeroxys, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

What is something that you think will be put into the game that your afraid will turn out bad and not work or doesnt feel right?
    My BIG worry is that Star Wars will be in it. I know it would make sense with a gummi ship or now that Lucas is now owned by disney, however im just not a big SW fan & I believe that putting something like SW would ruin the game.
    ALSO DLC. Im not gonna bash DLC, but KH has been known to not have any DLC and make all the bosses implemented in the game at release. SO my worry is that Square will put in "Hidden bosses" that we will have to pay for :/.

2. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I hope the combat doesn't feel likfe BBS or DDD and doesn't have bad leveling mechanic. I always felt like KH2 should have been the KH3. Meaning I don't think KH3 will top it for me. I also fear that it is just the osaka team developing KH3 and not a mix with the original members. Not a big fan of the Osaka team.

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I'm afraid new plot elements will be suddenly introduced where that time could be spent resolving the several twisty plot elements we already have to deal with, and that Kairi won't get the screentime or fighting skill she deserves as one of the main characters. Those are the two biggest things worrying me.

4. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

This.

This just reminds me of how stupid the concept of Nobodies were when I first played KH2. Yeah, it expanded upon plot, but unnecessarily. I actually would not mind some new plot points, because that could open some doors for a completely different saga.

What I don't want is another 3D. It felt too much like a filler, when instead, it serves as a main-game. A tie-in, really.

5. 61 No. B

An incomprehensible story like DDD.

Combat like BBS where the gameplay is dominated by commands. When playing KH2, I really like wandering around using only physical attacks because abilities are woven into the standard combos so seamlessly that it's fun to do it that way. In BBS there is no fun in using simple combos. I know given what little we've seen this does not appear to be the case, but it's still something I should say.

Lame Keyblades. Okay I know this one is very subjective and even somewhat nitpicky, but, barring most of the ones in DDD, Keyblades have looked terrible since KH2. Imo. This isn't saying much since there have only been 3 games with entirely new Keyblades in them since 2, but man, BBS and Days had some ugly designs. Yeah this isn't that important on a grand scale but when the main gimmick and icon to your franchise looks terrible, maybe it's time to get some new designers.

Too much focus on Riku. I'm not saying this because I dislike Riku (which I do) but I am so sick of his struggle with the darkness being regurgitated game after game. There's nothing more to say on it. It's done. I don't understand why they keep going back to this. I want the game to give the majority of it's attention to Sora since he is the person linking all these people together, and the main character of this series.

That by the end of the game it won't feel like we have reached a definitive conclusion. This is the game to end all Xehanort-related games. Or at least that's what it seems to be. I'm honestly just so done with Xehanort and all of the nonsense surrounding him that I would rather he not come back after this game in some contrived way, but even if he does, I want this game to tie up all of the plot points that have come before it, and should Xehanort come back it be with new goals and motivations.

Small worlds, not enough worlds, short world stories, bad worlds in general.

New plot elements or mechanics.

Those gd secret bosses that kill you in one hit. Enough.

6. Arch Mana Knight

20 different preorder versions existing.

Cheap bosses like Mysterious Figure or bosses that supposedly have little health like Vanitas Remnant but make up for it by having ridiculous defense.

Terrible dodge mechanics that make cheap bosses even more cheap. Seriously, wtf was up with Terra having the worst dodge in BBS?

DLC bosses/characters.

Other than that, I'm pretty much okay with whatever's done with the series. Convoluted plots and "MY FRIENDS ARE MY POWER" are a staple to Kingdom Hearts by now so I'm ready for whatever's thrown our way.

7. Antidote Façade

That there won't be much incentive to re-visit worlds. In KHII, the whole visiting-each-world-twice thing just felt really short and was over and done with really quickly. I would like more things to do in each world.

I know I have said something similar in another topic, but I would like for each world to have a shop of sorts where you can get unique weapons/armour/upgrades or take on missions specific to that world.

8. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Really? I thought the each world and revisiting was not short at all. I want that in 3 and not a "oh, beat this world. On to the next" kind of thing. It makes the worlds seem more part of the game and not just something you beat to processed.

9. Antidote Façade

Well, maybe it's just me. I wouldn't mind them having multiple visits again, but like I said maybe add a few things here and there like with quests and character episodes to flesh out the characters of said worlds or something.

10. parabola Destiny Islands Resident

On the one hand, I'm very confident that KH3 will have the same fun and addictive combat system and I'll race through to the end. That said, as the thread says, some things I fear:

-Weird/terrible worlds: There's not much left to draw on in terms of classic Disney movies. A visit to later versions of worlds from BBS might be cool, but other than that the game needs to avoid revisiting worlds like the plague, making this a very difficult situation.

-That it will meander around with a repetitive mechanic like sealing Keyholes (again) for most of the game, then jam exposition and climax into the same sequence almost simultaneously, leaving everyone confused and frustrated (i.e. be a repeat of the plot from KH2).

-On that note, that it have a painfully slow start which barely introduces the mechanics of the game and focuses on a largely irrelevant subplot (really the beginning to both KH1 and 2).

-That the plot will be too bogged down with trying to tie up loose ends from the other games that it won't actually tell any kind of comprehensive story. One fear that I don't have is that it will sacrifice tying up loose ends (like Roxas becoming his own person or Xion coming back) to make room for a decent story.

-Star Wars/Marvel Summons. I don't think there will be any worlds based on the new Disney-owned franchises, but perhaps summons. I wouldn't care for those.

-That the story will somehow be so disappointing and so stupid that I give up on the franchise entirely. It's unlikely, but possible.

11. A Zebra Chaser

My biggest concern right now is that the combat will feel like DDD, because that's what it looks like. DDD feels stiff and awkward, it has none of the flow of KH2

12. Baptista Moogle Assistant

These. I just don't have faith in the Osaka team.[DOUBLEPOST=1401923258][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Me neither. The dependence on commands, the fake variety (strike raid, fire raid, treasure raid, wind raid ... etc.), the badly designed bosses (mysterious figure),being restricted to eight attacks, bad combo system are all things that don't make me like the Osaka team. I feel that they don't really make Action RPGs. They make RPGs with real-time combat.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  13. Zekushion Traverse Town Homebody

Mostly, my biggest worries for KHIII is worlds/summons based on Star Wars and Marvel. Don't get me wrong, I love Marvel and all, but I don't think it would make a good addition to Kingdom Hearts. I feel like any world based on Marvel comics or films will end up as hollow and boring as the Port Royal world. The same goes for Star Wars. There's just way too much complex story telling with both Marvel and Star Wars to be dumbed down into a Kingdom Hearts mini-story. The characters themselves are almost too complex for KH as well.

I'm also kind of hoping we don't get a Frozen world. As much as I enjoyed the movie, I don't think it quite fits into the KH storyline at this point. Maybe once the Xehanort Saga is complete, they can find a way to work in the newer Disney movies. Adding new worlds based on newer movies at the end of a saga seems kind of ridiculous, when there are storylines from the worlds we already have that still have loose ends to tie up within the KH universe.

Then, I agree with the worry of lame Keyblades. There are so many Keyblades already that I don't ever use because either the designs are off-putting or the stat boosts are just not worth equipping the Keyblade.

14. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

My biggest worry is that it will be filled with nothing but fan service. What I mean is that they try way too hard to give the fans what they think the fans want instead of telling a good story. I mean, they already did that with DDD with bringing back Axel/Lea. Now, I liked him in Chain of Memories and as well in KH2, but bringing him back for DDD just felt like a big ass pull and and it overall doesn't add to anything. It was strictly for the Axel fangirls in my mind.

Of course, fan service includes any connection with Star Wars/Marvel films. Actually, I'm not too fond of any kind of involvement with Pixar either, or at least Pixar pre-being bought by Disney. I mean, these franchises are fine on their own, but they're just don't have that Disney spirit a lot of the worlds have in the series.

15. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six
    I fear that KH3 will have all of the major parts of the story besides the actual story itself as DLC because games now are just short gameplay. And maybe if you're lucky 30+hours of actual gameplay then the rest of the story straight DLC, but that's short cause there will be more DLC following that as well.

And after that whatever everyone else said really just my major fear is DLC for KH3

16. A Zebra Chaser

DLC seems likely, but Square Enix isn't that bad about DLC, besides maybe overcharging. The DLC for the FF13 games were made after the game was complete, and was all nonessential. Square console games are all still pretty long, too. So we might get DLC, yeah, but it'll be extra stuff. You'll be able to get MORE of the game if you like it.

17. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six
    If there's a DLC on Aqua anything I don't care how much it'll cost Hatok will buy it for me and then I can enjoy more of my favorite character of all time thanks Hatok >:3

18. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

This. Honestly I was thrilled with the new look when we saw the teaser trailer last summer or whenever it came out. Until I saw the combat. Seriously? Riding a fake roller coaster as an attack? The flow gets completely ripped out of the system. All of a sudden, I press a button, and sit in front of the screen while the game shows me some beautiful slideshow that deals a modest amount of damage. Cool, but all of a sudden, the game is playing itself. After a decade, I want to be a part of the game as much as possible, I don't want it to play it for me. This was a big reason I did not use summons that much in KH2. Even the flowmotion thing turns me off. Maybe I'm alone in this, but I don't need to bounce around 327 walls just to deal an attack. To me, Sora has always been a gifted, but somewhat normal, person. It just seems a bit much to me. Again, personal opinion.

This is another key point. Honestly,there is so much expectation riding on this and has been for so long it will be almost impossible for Square to blow everyone's wildest expectations. Square needs to buckle down and create a game they can be happy with, not necessarily what they think the community will be into. I understand that they are making a product for the market, but if they aren't happy with it, the magic won't come through.

Just keep Star Wars/Marvel OUT OF KH3. They just don't mesh with the KH universe very well in my opinion. A lot of Pixar is borderline for KH, in my opinion.
    Exactly what I was thinking. So far, Square has been pretty fair when it comes to DLC. Meaning I don't have to pay just to find closure in the game. DLC for expansion is the point, in my mind.

19. Truly Mad Moves Destiny Islands Resident

Well, I'm definitely on board with people who fear Marvel and Lucas material. I definitely don't want that. It's just not Disney.

That's my biggest fear, but I'm also afraid that the series will end up like "Lost", finishing the story without actually resolving any of the plotlines. This especially scares me because we know it'll be the end of the Xehanort Saga, but not of the series - I'm afraid that the game will put too much effort into hooking us into the next chapter of the story. I want KHIII to feel like a real ending.