Your Anime Soul Mate

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Mysty, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Mysty Unknown

Do any of you have an anime soul mate by any chance? I know its impossible for it to be completely true, but there are those characters we come across that we see as the perfect soul mate. Over my years of watching anime, I had yet to really find one that fit the role of perfection until recently. So I ask, who do you think would make the best husband/ wife for you and why?

2. Jin うごかないで

Definitely. My husband would be

[​IMG] Not that I swing that way but honestly..for me for a long time now even before the truth of Itachi was revealed I've always loved Itachi's calm persona in the midst of everything. Making him even more suited for me is the fact he's an absolute GENIUS along with being a true hero. He's always been my #1 Anime character to be honest I've never loved an anime character as much as Itachi Uchiha.

3. Shuhbooty moon child

Okay let me share to you what was once the most embarrassing moment of my life.

In 5th grade, I had class with this very cute boy. He had frosty blonde hair, tall with a gorgeous smile. I crushed on this boy for years. His mother was the attendance clerk at the school we attended also, so she knew me very well. During that time I was still discovering anime, and I came across Trigun. And for the love of Raptors was I OBSESSED.

I just couldn't think straight! I was like "Damn, he reminds me so much of Dylan...." And I soon became attacked to Vash. I fantasized that Dylan warped into Vash and he became my hero, saved me held me pssshhh you name it. It wasn't until I over heard Dylan talking to his mother about me, that I got truly excited. "omgomgomgomg senpai noticed me!!!!" Was pretty much what I was thinking. Until I heard that he was forbidden to ever talk to me. I heard my heart shred up. I think went home and soon forgot all about Dylan and fell back in love with Vash. And he was my long lost lover for a few years till I moved and soon reloaded that a real physical person liked me owo

The end.

4. Mysty Unknown

I didn't even say who mine was oops. Let me go and get a picture of her and then I will spill the beans to why I love her so much.
    [​IMG]

So the girl of my dreams is that of Satone Shichimiya from the anime Chuunibyo, Love, and Other Delusions. So let me start about physical appearance. I simply love girls with the whole greenish-blue eyes factor. The hair style just gets me as well. Also, I see her as physically perfect. Now for her personality. She is a Chuunibyo, for those of you who don't know what that is, its a person who has a fascination with a made up world that is now older and won't abandon their ideas easily. I love the idea of a made up world, one where you and a significant other can be a part of and no one else (other than a very select few). Its basically Roleplaying, and that is one of my most loved things. She also is very cheerful and care free. Things that make her easy to try new things. She can also be very serious when things are very important, temporarily abandoning the Roleplay and focusing to make things better, meaning she can understand a person emotional limits and act on that. But most importantly, she seems like the girl that would gladly curl up with me and watch anime in the middle of the night. That is something I want more than anything is to cuddle with someone I love and just watch anime together and laugh and cry and yadayada. Satone here fits that role perfectly in my eyes. I forgot to mention one other thing, she has the most adorable laugh in the world!

5. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

this lady is mine
    [​IMG]

6. Fellangel Bichael May

My waifu patterns change from time. I believe my first one was May from Pokemon (Does that count as an anime? =o=).

Currently doe, my waifu is Mizore. She's just so....cool (pun intended c:)

7. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]

we have the same thing in common. we like playing games, watching anime, and eating food.

8. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

[​IMG]

My choice is Akatsuki from Log Horizion. I was fighting my own feelings with this one so much, and I'm still sort of fighting it. It's mostly due to the fact that she is portrayed as a loli, although her "real world" counterpart may be taller (we know that she is a college student, so there's hope). With all of her character traits, I can't help but love her. She's loyal, strong, speaks her mind, as well as ready to listen to those around her. She's a team player, but makes decisions on what she knows is right.

9. Jayn

[​IMG]

[/breathes heavily] where do i begin. HOW CAN I EXPRESS THIS.

It's Yuno Gasai from Mirai Nikki. I just ... She's just such a great, unique character to me. I usually don't connect with anime characters so much because a lot of them are generic [ especially the men who are usually pathetically average chick-magnets ], but Yuno gives me all of the feels. There was a point in Mirai Nikki where I hated her because what the flip you psycho ***** but once you get passed that point in the series it's just like oh my god.

She's adorable, feminine, badass, and 'dedicated'.

Like, what the heck.

[​IMG]

How can you be so cute killing people?!

~ spoilers commence - if you haven't seen the series / plan on watching don't read the below ~

Anyway, what I loved about Yuno was she was so, so, so much deeper than what you first see. You think she's some creepy stalker, and to a degree she really is kind of crazy, but in the end you realize there was a reason for it all. She loved him, she would have done anything for him - even kill herself [ twice ]. She was desperate after it all went so wrong in the other timeline and she lost him. And she doesn't even try to justify it the entire series. There's a point where even she has to question;

[​IMG]

and it KILLED ME. IT SLAYED ME.

I just love her so much as a character. She was strong without being cold, and more than capable of protecting herself and Yuki which is rare in a female protagonist [ anti-hero?? ]. She was intelligent and had a good intuition about things, which was really special because you're like omg you paranoid/jealous woman gtfo but then she's right and was genuinely trying to protect him.

[​IMG]

Above all, her love for Yuki was ... just incredible. The lengths at which she was willing to go for someone like him. [ I hated Yuki's character, such a crybaby. ] Her loyalty was just wahoahiohigh.

[​IMG]

A lot of people glorify her crazy, and naturally that's a big part of what drew me in, but there's so much more to that and there's a reason she became the way she was - and moments of reflection and remorse. I love Yuno's character beyond the fact that she's psycho. Her softness, her strength, her capacity to love and her dreams for a happy future [ she just wants to see the stars and get married, jeeze! ]

There are quite a few yanderes in the world of anime but I don't think they're done quite as well in comparison. Yuno truly is the queen imo.

[​IMG]

10. Jin うごかないで

OH and also if I can choose 2nd and third a 2nd would have to be Komaeda Nagito

[​IMG]

and third would have to be Kumagawa Misogi

[​IMG]

11. Mako Mankanshoku Moogle Assistant

I tend to have many anime crushes (usually always the blonde dudes), but out of all the characters I have seen, Mamura from the manga Hirunaka No Ryuusei is most certainly my ideal type.
    [​IMG]
    His is so wonderfully shy, couldn't be any less adorable, and as I read more and more into the manga I fall deeper for him *^* Just the way he is is beautiful, especially his actions, cause he is so shy so it's all adorbs an AWWWWW >////<

12. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I dunno about soul mates, but I'll admit to crushing on Mori...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

(HEAVY BREATHING)

I MEAN LOOK AT HIM

...*cough*

Anyway...

He doesn't talk much, but when he does, he doesn't mince words. He's also perceptive and honest, and despite the cool tough guy exterior, he cares a lot for others. And he doesn't think himself above all the Host Club's obnoxious, ridiculous antics, so he's got a sense of humor. He cares a lot more about a person's character and actions than their reputation or status or looks.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  13. Plums Wakanda Forever

[​IMG]
    easily satsuki kiryuin

[TRUMPETS INTENSIFY]

Okay, originally I was so ambivalent about Satsuki. I thought she was a jerk because she and was also, as Ryuko puts it, is kinda snooty. But she was also an excellent villain and foil to Ryuko, so I was like "I will reserve judgment on her until more episodes come out." And I am so glad I did.

Satsuki is cunning as hell, ruthless, strong without sacrificing femininity, and an essential character to both the plot and Ryuko's growth as a character. She fought Ryuko toe to toe, tricked her into doing dirty work, .

Even though she is ruthless, she has unyielding respect for those who prove themselves to have a resolve/goals/beliefs that they hold dear. This isn't even going into her absolute resolve

to kill her mother and liberate the world from Life Fibers from the age of five years old. Satsuki embraced her father's "sacrifice", and worked at it for 13 years of likely suffering further abuse at the hands of Ragyo and doing things she may have wanted to avoid doing. She even willing donned Junketsu despite knowing the strain it put on her body and the fact that Junketsu was trying to eat her at all times she activated it, and still fought tooth and nail to achieve her goals.

And don't even get me started on the sisterly run at the end to catch Ryuko omgggg.

Satsuki is probably my favorite character in the show, and with good reason. Her eyebrow game is also strong as hell.