Television Young Justice (TV Series)

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Rayku, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

Really surprised that there isn't an active thread for this but ok:

So I really fell in love with this series and was hoping if there were others that were to, if you'd like to know more, here's a brief summary of the series. Though, this doesn't follow the canon of the Young Justice comic book series at all.

"Young Justice focuses on the lives of a group of teenaged superheroes and protégés attempting to establish themselves as proven superheroes as they deal with normal adolescent issues in their personal lives."

And apart of the Young Justice team, for season 1 at least is:

Robin (Dick Grayson)
    Superboy (Connor Kent)
    Miss M (M'Gann)
    Kid Flash (Wally West)
    Artemis Crock
    Aqualad
    Zantanna
    Rocket

We also have appearances of Justice League members frequently throughout the series.

Today was the start of Season 2, and I don't want to give spoilers for those who didn't see it.
    But yeah, I guess this is a discussion thread of the series.

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I just noticed there was a season 2 today. I saw the episode earlier this morning and I noticed the team was different, and thought it was weird. I looked online and so far already 4 episodes have been put up on wikipedia. Guess I gotta hurry up with the first season. I'm only on episode 19. Actually, I guess if I thought about it, that's fairly close

3. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

Yeah, there's about a 6 year time gap between the season finale of Young Justice, and then the first episode of Young Justice: Invasion.

They'll explain what happens in later episodes, I'm sure, for the time gap.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

5 years, not 6

5. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

Oh welp, oops sorry about that.

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I was actually about to post this thread earlier, but I was late for work lol. Anyway, yeah, originally, I loved this show, though parts of it pissed me off (DON'T NAME IT AFTER A TEAM AND SAY IT'S NOT THAT TEAM) especially certain line ups. Superboy as Dick Grayson's teammate? Erm...nope. For some reason, that pissed me off sooo much. It ruined the Superboy and Robin/Tim Drake best friendship. But when I saw today's episode, it made up for it. I read an interview that made me look at the show in a new light: the first season was about the characters. You got to see origins, see them develop, become a team, etc. The second season is about the story, not the characters. The team is already a team and there's not an urgency to develop them, they're already established. Also, TIM DRAKE ****ING FINALLY GOT AN ANIMATED APPEARANCE? I'M SO HAPPY. YOU HAVE NO IDEA. One thing, though: They really could have used the second season to finally introduce the DCnU into animation such as Beast Boy being red, costume changes (lose the trunks, Batman), etc.

7. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

I found it odd that they were totally going into a different direction with what the YJ comics were even about, but it worked for me somehow. I loved the first season because of the development of everyone within the team, and then the start of Season 2 was a totally different team which upset a lot of people.

I actually like the Season 2 team members so far, at least.

8. Krowley Moderator

A lot changed in terms of the team itself but this is a good thing to me.
    Glad Beast boy was introduced and seeing Tim Drake alongside Dick Grayson was a phenomenal thing indeed. Also I don't think this was his first appearance. I can recall 2 appearances, the first in The New Batman adventures, and the second in the Batman Beyond movie; Return of the Joker.

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Beast Boy was introduced before, actually, though not just as Beast Boy. And I didn't mean that as his "first" appearance so much as his his first "significant" one. Granted, The New Batman Adventures did have him as the primary Robin while Dick was Nightwing, but I felt like they didn't do him justice, kind of playing him down a little bit. I hope they really emphasize Tim's intellect in this season.
    Also, I love Lagoon Boy's personality. The fish terms he uses, the fact that he's cool with people freaking out at his appearance, etc. Blue Beetle's also a great new addition. Thought the creators of the show did say that they weren't focused with the origin stories of the team in season 2, I kind of hope they do it anyway. I mean, or at least when and how they joined the Team. I mean, Bumblebee and Mal were obviously going to join eventually, but I want to see how she became Bumblebee and joined. Did Aqualad recruit La'gann? Stuff like that.

10. Roxasfan Xman Twilight Town Denizen

I am a huge fan of this show and I am gonna be shocked if Jason Todd/Red Hood makes an appearance.

11. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

Thank you for mentioning this. I finished season 1 recently, and was wondering all about the lack of Tim, the lack of their beautiful friendship. Don't know if it will be developed in S2, I take it not. Fairly sure that Dick seized Tim's position in this series (granted, I'm not too familiar with the comic YJ).

Sigh. Yet again, I spoil another series. If Red Hood shows up I believe my life shall be complete. Three Robins in one show. Holy...

One more thing. Needs more Captain Marvel. I love that kid.

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

If it were up to me, I would have changed Superboy to Starfire and have a Nightwing/Starfire romance instead of Miss Martian/Superboy. I mean, the way their relationship is in the second season, I guess it works out as a good plot point, but Bart Allen, Timothy Drake, and Conner Kent would always be the trio to me.

There's a Jason Todd reference in the latest episode which makes me suspect they're doing something similar to the DCnU
    In the episode, they're visiting the shrine of fallen heroes. There's Ted Kord (Blue Beetle, may he rest in peace<3, who the Light supposedly murdered and makes me also suspect that there's going to be a Max Lord appearance! I love that man)), Aquagirl (Tula who was said to be killed during the time skip), Artemis (from "Depths," the episode before this one), and a Robin that Tim Drake is looking at (obviously Jason Todd. Even has his color scheme). There was a five year time skip between the seasons.
    In the DCnU, the Justice League has been a team for five years and it seems that Batman didn't have a Robin when he joined. I can go back and look at the times more specifically, but I know that the last year of that time period had Dick as Batman and Jason was trained for 6 months before getting the costume and he didn't last as long as before. Tim was changed to an olympic-level gymnast so he didn't need as much training as before. So within five years, Bruce went from Dick being the first Robin to becoming Nightwing, Jason being Robin for 6 months to a year (I would guess), Tim being Red Robin (it was retconned that he added the Red from the beginning, out of respect to the late Jason), and Damien becoming Robin (I would guess during the last year that Dick was Batman). It's much more cramped, time-wise, than before. So I think the show is doing that. I would love if they include Red Hood, though.
    They said Captain Marvel would have a decent role since he's technically a kid, but...his role isn't big enough. Wtf.

13. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

Spent the majority of today catching up with YJ. For the most part I felt the transition from S1 to S2 to be smooth, tho shaky with regards to character development. A five year time skip, leaving a considerable amount of loose ends in its wake. Granted, this is one of the first series I have watched that has even braved to cover so much. First impressions were that Greg Weisman may have bitten off more than he could chew. One character among many that is just there is Rocket, who joins the Team during the finale of S1 and is then abruptly promoted to the League during S2. Many of the characters we are given no time to care for, they are just there. It does bug me. I do not know for how many seasons this series intends to go on, however, and must thus withhold a final judgement.

With that out of the way, I am def looking forward to the next ep. This shall be a long week...

Speaking of, Billy Batson should be fifteen now. Interesting... I do hope the show is graced with more of his presence but, given how vast the cast of characters is and how few of the League members have shown up in S2, this seems less than likely. For now.

14. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

I woke up excited, for the first time in a long time. Flip to channel 67. No YJ.

[​IMG]

Fuck you, Cartoon Network.
    On a more civilised note, hiatus #4 has been confirmed, only two eps since the last one. Ep10 has been rescheduled to show in January. I will not trust what they say from here on out, tho, given what short notice we got with this sudden cancellation. Greg did reportedly not even know it would not show today & TV listings did not indicate otherwise. How remarkably unprofessional CN has been throughout.

15. Krowley Moderator

Surprised no ones posted this yet but season 3 has been announced for Netflix!

[​IMG]

Get hype!

16. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Okay, seriously, I am glad that we finally got a season 3. This show was too good for them to end after only 2 seasons, especially with the cliffhanger that they gave us. I also don't want it to end too quickly, but they better either finish it with this season or not give us a cliffhanger ending like the last one and make us wait years for the next season.

I personally hope to see more of Static, since I grew up watching Static Shock and he's one of my favorite DC heroes, if not the only DC hero I really like, outside of Batman Beyond, but we never got a justice league with him in it