Yesterday Was Fun

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Amaury, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

• My mom, aunt, and I went to the Moses Lake water park and spent a couple hours there.
    • Stopped at a restaurant to get something to eat.
    • Got on I-90 to go home.
    • Some miles after we got on, right before the Vantage grade, traffic was completely stopped. It was so bad that many got out and walked around and many, including us, shut off their vehicles. The first time we stopped, we stayed that way for about 15-30 minutes. Then we would move about a 100 feet and stay there another 15-30 minutes.
    • There was a wreck involving six vehicles (from what we counted once we finally got up there) due to a severe dust storm, which my mom was getting alerts on her cell about. Someone or some people were pretty badly hurt as an ambulance came and rushed back on I-90 Eastbound, which was also closed in that area. Why? I don't know, as there wasn't a wreck on that side.
    • It didn't help that, alongside the dust storm, there were winds and gusts up to 45 MPH and we were right next to an area where a wildfire burned last month (which closed the freeway for a few hours) and ash was also getting blown around.
    • At times, we couldn't even see the vehicles in front of us, though we were still stopped at that time.
    • Finally, after about two and a half hours, we started moving and kept moving and got past the wreck. There were still some areas where dust built up since vehicles weren't traveling over it due to the wreck, but once we got past that and started going uphill right before going downhill again toward the bridge, we were able to get back to normal and go 70 MPH. We got back in the evening.
      • Edit: The build-up of dust on the road is actually what caused the wreck, so it already built up beforehand.

Here's an article with a traffic camera photo showing how bad it was where we were: http://www.dailyrecordnews.com/news...cle_f3e500e6-4356-11e5-b1bf-27aff32e4daf.html

There was also a 30-car pileup near Ritzville due to a dust storm, from what my mom told me earlier this morning.

Anyway, that's why I wasn't on part of yesterday morning, all afternoon, and part of yesterday evening. I wasn't on all night because I got caught up with other things and I was tired, so I popped on briefly today around 12:40 AM after not being on since 7:51 PM yesterday and then went to bed. I think that was partly because of the chlorine in the water, though.

In other news, there are so many wildfires in our state--luckily, none in our county yet, so we're still holding strong on not having a fourth summer in a row with a major wildfire--I'm surprised a state of emergency hasn't been declared.

Chelan County, a drive of about two hours from here, is completely surrounded. In addition, 9,000 people are without power due to 30 power poles being burned, and they're not going to be able to get power back up within 24 hours.

http://www.dailyrecordnews.com/inbr...cle_453599e6-42d6-11e5-9a60-63d5dface38b.html

Although thanks to the winds, the smoke's cleared up in our valley. It's clear skies, except for some clouds.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Is that a dead picture you sent us?

3. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

You just completely f*cked with my mind.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

No. That's how it looked.

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Dayum, that's impressive. I don't think I've ever been in weather that bad, and I've been in some decently bad weather of all different kinds.

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

It actually looks a bit--but just a bit--worse on camera because they can't capture those things exactly like human eyes can.

But yeah. My mom was coming back from my aunt's last winter and came around corner and boom! A huge bank of fog all the way home. It was so bad, she was considering pulling over on the freeway.[DOUBLEPOST=1439693210][/DOUBLEPOST]@Iskandar, here's a better view:

https://www.facebook.com/KNDOTV/pho...76473062938/10153104028667939/?type=1&theater

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015