Y'all!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Departures' started by Rik, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rik Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm new here!

I decided to join this forum after discovering (and listening to) the podcast a while ago.
    To spare my friends from Kingdom Hearts ramblings I thought it would be best to get those out in a place meant for them, and judging by the podcast, this seemed like a great place!

I've been playing KH since 2004-ish, and have been a shameful addict since. Despite their best efforts to turn me off of the games (spreading them over approximately a dozen consoles, introducing time travel to an already way too messy plot, never giving Kairi ANYTHING to do, etc.) I still love this ridiculous series so much. My excitement and expectations for KH3 are through the roof.

Other games I love are the standard set of "indie"/"artsy" games like Journey, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Beyond Good & Evil, and I've spent a lot of my teenage years on Tomb Raider forums.

When I'm not playing video games I'm watching movies, listening to podcasts and bad pop music or drawing. I like bright colours, music made for people ten years younger than me and puns.

I hope this place is as fun as it seems!

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

Welcome! I'm Amaury!

I mostly like RPGs, preferably turn-based ones like Dragon Quest VIII, and platform games like Spyro. If you check out my Video Game Projects thread (under Current Forum Projects in my signature), you'll see that I've done a lot of projects.

As for this place this being fun, it most definite is!

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Welcome to the forum! Glad to see another podcast fan around~ Judging from your thoughts on KH's messy plot and your love of "indie"/"artsy" stuff, I can tell you're gonna fit in just fine here. :D

If you've got any questions on how things work around here, just ask around! Anyone you talk to will be willing to help you out. If you need their help, the staff members are the ones with the pretty-colored names: the Admins, Super Moderators, Moderators, Coders, and Reporters. (Pinkies like me are Premium members, who just get a few small perks after hitting 1,000 posts.)

We've got some great sections on the forums for KH discussion, gaming, movies, music, and art, if you wanna go check those out, though by no means are you limited to just those.

Hope you enjoy your stay here, and I hope to see you around!~

4. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Welcome, welcome to our humble abode! Hope you enjoy your stay with us!

Love your taste in video games by the way, and if you have time for them, I highly recommend trying the Persona franchise, as well as the PSVita exclusive Gravity Rush. Can't really get more artsy than them, unless you look in the rated "E" games...

5. Rik Merlin's Housekeeper

Always been interested in Gravity Rush, but don't have the money for buying a Vita. (Though if Square plopped a KH game on there they'd probably force my hand.)

I've encountered so much Persona fandom lately though, that I'm really going to have to check that out.

6. Path Light Merlin's Housekeeper

Welcome Rik!

7. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

I would highly recommend starting with Persona 3 or Persona 4, though if you don't have the game systems for those games, I'd recommend Persona Q

8. 0blivionkeeper Merlin's Housekeeper

Welcome! I'm fairly new here too, and so far I've had a brilliant time creeping around here! Hopefully you enjoy yer stay.

I see you're a tomb raider fan :D What do you think of the reboot? I'm super hyped for the sequel myself ^_^

9. Rik Merlin's Housekeeper

The reboot was mind-blowing. I played it with a friend and we were cheering at the end when she finally got the dual pistols going on!

I'm very cautious about being excited for the sequel, cause there's still no confirmation that it's coming to PS4 and I can't afford both consoles. (I already committed myself to buying a PS4 when I bought Lara Croft and the Temple Of Osiris a month ago. Oops.) (Also: Need a PS4 for The Last Guardian, if it ever happens.)

10. 0blivionkeeper Merlin's Housekeeper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.