Xion Foreshadowing in KH2?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by ReverofEnola, Feb 2, 2014.

1. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Don't know if this has been this discussed or not but I was surfing tv.tropes and watching a Youtube video both of which stated that Xion was hinted/foreshadowed at in KH2. And so far this info has led me to this pic:
    [​IMG]
    So from the looks of it, from left to right, it is Saix, Xion, Axel, and Roxas. Now my question is: Do you believe that this is Xion or just another member of the Organization?

2. Antidote Façade

I...don't actually know. I've never really paid much attention to that picture, but this is actually a pretty interesting topic.

Part of me wants to say it's just some random Organization members and that they couldn't be so readily prepared for Xion's inclusion so early in the series and the other part wants to say it is Xion- the one with their hands on their hips I can just imagine being her glaring at Roxas & Axel. I'm conflicted.

3. A Zebra Chaser

It's just a random Org member. Xion wasn't conceptualized yet. There is nothing defining about those two smaller characters. They don't look like Saix and they don't look like Xion.

4. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

You sure about that? Because Normura seemed really sure as to who the 14th member was in the 2007 interview. Whose to say that during the development of KH2 a basic idea/sketch of Xion was made? This idea may not have had a background yet but Nomura would be sure to explain it in Roxas's story. Or maybe Xion's whole design/concept was made with this drawing in mind (yeah she was based off of Kairi/Namine but maybe they somehow wanted her to tie back to KH2).

On top of that KH 358/2 Days came out before BBS yet the protagonists from BBS were still foreshadowed about in KH2 and KH2FM. Why can't it work for Days as well?
    http://www.khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-Interview-September-2007-532

5. Light-Rune Maven Seer

I have noticed said picture, though I never considered Xion a part of it, I saw one image when 358/2 days was being developed that I believed was supposed to be a part of the scene depicted in the drawing, but it never seemed to have made it to the final game. In the end, I can only really speculate as to who the other two characters are, as I have no solid ideas.

6. A Zebra Chaser

Nomura knew who the 14th member was a year before the game was released? I should hope so, if the plot wasn't at finalized at that poin that would be ludicrous.
    And that's 2007. KH2 came out in 2004, never mind it was in development way before that. They foreshadowed BBS, but BBS had a far longer developement cycle and was announced before Days, plus BBS started off as a PS2 game, and is considered the next numbered KH title after KH2. And if Xion didn't have a background then why would she be in that picture? Why is she standing with Saix anyways? Why does she have no defining characteristics whatsoever? Even if that IS Xion it's a terrible foreshadow because it shares no likeness with her. And there's no way a picture of her could exist, either, because she was completely erased from the timeline.
    If Xion was planned then why are there absolutely no references to her existence in KH2?
    And again, that drawing is basically a black blob. You have to REALLY reach to think that looks like Xion

7. Sennitz Destiny Islands Resident

Yup, I mostly agree with hatok.. BBS was planned as the "sequel" of KH II (not the storyline sequel, but the next game to work on). KH 358/2 was planned after that.. as a way to exploit the KH universe a little more :/
    I mean, I liked the game, but lets get serious, all the Xion plot was a little bit forced to get in the storyline, but to not change the main plot, explaining that Xion was forgotten by everyone...
    We know Nomura's works. If he had Xion in mind, he would have putted some clues in KH II (remember Roxas in the secret ending of the first game).
    And that drawing.. I don't think its Xion. The left-one could be Saix for the color of the hair, but to put Xion beside him, who hated her, in an attitude that's not Xion's...
    Anyways, that's my opinion :P

8. TheGoldenFlash Merlin's Housekeeper

Yeah its probably Xion. I don't have reasoning, but its just what seems likely to me.

9. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

The one on the right looks more like Xaldin due to his stance. Really Organization members can be defined just by their postures. Either way I don't think either is Xion.

10. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

Well, try to use your imagination a bit. I can see that as Xion in the early days with her hood up over her face.

And she could be standing next to Saix because Saix is introducing her to Axel and Roxas.

But yes, it is quite unlikely that she was planned from the start, as hatok has previously stated, but perhaps Nomura just kept that picture as vague as possible so that he could fill in the spaces later. So, who knows? It might really be her, despite how unlikely it is.

But, let's turn on our imaginations for a second, imagine if it REALLY WAS Xion and realize how far in Nomura must've planned the whole KH series. Let's realize how intricate and well thought out the plot would be IF this was true. It would truly be amazing if Nomura really planned EVERYTHING out from KH1 and left more subtle hints (like if that drawing really represented Xion) around the KH universe to foreshadow what was gonna happen in the next game. But alas, this isn't the case. Let's just hope that the next saga will be more well thought out and Nomura drops hints of the next game in the previous game that will leave with those priceless "A-HA!" moments.

11. Sennitz Destiny Islands Resident

Well, we can't blame Nomura either. I mean, we could say that it's pretty well planned after all. Maybe not the entire saga was in his mind back in 2002, but some of the Roxas plot was in the Secret ending in the first game, and the keyblade war in the Ansem's reports, the ancient tale telling that the worlds once banished in darkness, and some other things that were used in BBS to make it more solid..
    And those "A-ha!" moments are one of the things that I like the most of the KH games :P