358/2 Days Xion Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Korra, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trevinozen14 Moogle Assistant

Xion's death + Sora's heartless

While i was playing 358/2 days, i found it a little odd that xion became covered in ice when she died. This is very similar to the way that Ven "dies" in the kh2fm+ bbs trailer. Does she die like this just out of coincidence, or is it for a reason?
    My second question is the type or heartless that sora turns into after he releases kairi's heart + his own. He becomes a shadow heartless, but shadow heartless are made of pure darkness, not the darkness from people's hearts. If this is the case, then where did sora's heart go in the meantime?

Just some questions i have, post responses!

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

it wasn't actually ice. She crystallized. I guess that's the best word for it.
    And Shadow Heartless are made from people who lose their hearts to darkness.
    Pureblood Heartless are people lost to darkness, Emblem Heartless are made from the machine.
    Sora turned into a Shadow instead of something stronger because either a)he had little darkness in his heart or b)his darkness wasn't that strong.

3. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

Heartless are created either from giving into the Darkness or having their Hearts stolen from them. In that case the type of Heartless they become is dictated by whichever Heartless stole their Heart, it seems.

4. Flamedancer Twilight Town Denizen

I haven't finished the game yet, but I just always have the urge to punch Xion in the face. She's just too...Mary-Sue-ish...

Does she get less so throughout the game? I'm on day 94...

5. KH2man13 Gummi Ship Junkie

Of course, you would only play as yourself!

You're half right:

Pureblood Heartless are Hearts that have given into darkness, and went straight into a Heartless form. Emblem Heartless are Hearts captured by, oh, let's say, Xehanort's Heartless, which are put into a machine. They create a different type of Heartless, marked in an Emblem.

6. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

I didn't see Xehanort's Heartless nor the machine in Traverse Town when Sora saw the guy become a Soldier Heartless.

7. WilliamTheWise Hollow Bastion Committee

Right like Sora. These heartless lack emblems
    Xehanort's heartless was a pureblood heartless.
    He had the heartless symbol, but that was only a sign of his superiority over the heartless or his creation of the heartless. If you look closely it's only attached to his clothing.
    [​IMG]
    Right, well the only thing with that guy is we don't know what attacked him. If it was a shadow he likely would have turned into a pureblood but if it was a soldier or another emblem his heart would have been processed through the machine and been used to create another emblem. The soldier that appeared could have been his heart or the creature that attacked him. It's very hard to say based on that scene. The machine is in Hollow Bastion.

8. sora_withdrawal_problem Moogle Assistant

I heard something once, about Xion being Kairi's nobody and Namine being a mixture of both Sora and Kairi's hearts, which gave birth to her powers. The love story between Kairi and Sora contributed to this as it was said that there was "a little piece of eachother" in their hearts, so at the end of KHI, Namine was born from Sora and Kairi's hearts. However, Xion remained unknown until 358 Days was released.

9. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

Both are false.

What love story? You mean the one that got Sora to NOT hug her in KH2 until she jumped him, and then break contact?
    Because you know, whatever Sora felt for Kairi in CoM, Namine made it stronger as she herself confirmed. And Namine was the one that for Sora was "more than a friend", not Kairi.

If that was true, Namine should've given something back to Sora.
    She didn't.

Wrong. She was born from Kairi's Heart, and came into existence through the process of Sora's Body and Soul becoming a Nobody. She has ties to Sora's Heart, yes, but because she came from him, not based on him.

10. l0v3-pAoPu-fRu1t Traverse Town Homebody

so.. this.
    xion is sora's memories of kairi. That's why she's a girl but also a sora. In fact, sora has two nobodies, i guess.
    if you'd like to check about it further (and you must be fearless of spoilers), go check kingdomhearts.wikia.com

11. WilliamTheWise Hollow Bastion Committee

Xion wasn't a nobody, as nobodies are made of both body and soul. She was created solely from memories and because of that faded away when defeated. Sora still only had one nobody, Roxas. But Xion is still an important part of Sora as she unlocked the ability to dual wield in Roxas. Who in turn effected Sora when Roxas fused back with him.
    Kingdom Hearts wiki is extremely unreliable of a source. As anyone can edit it, without proof or based on their opinion. It's not that trustworthy.

12. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

You're right, she's likely not a Nobody, as going by Re:CoM, Replicas have not only a Body and Soul, but also a Heart :\

Yeah, that's why she had physical presence before Sora's Memories really began leaking out, right?
    Wait a minute, that means she was created from something OTHER than the Memories. Hurr durr.
    She was shaped by Memories, not created from them, let alone solely. It's just that one she gave those Memories back, there was nothing left to keep her together at all and she broke apart.

True that. Saying Xion is Sora's Nobody is saying Repliku is Riku's XD

I'd sooner blame it on her giving back Memories that somehow unlocked that ability, rather than she herself having anything to do with it really.
    You know, like, Ven relations and such. For instance.
    I'd sooner say she's an important part of him because she's effectively the Oblivion Keychain. Lol Riku relations.

True that.

13. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

To be precise she was created when Sora gave Kairi her Heart back.

I fail to see how.

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Roxas would still be plagued with Sora's memory-dreams.
    If Ansem the Wise and Riku decided Sora needed Roxas either way, the same thing would've happened.
    If Sora never woke up, that's pretty much a death.
    The Org would have taken many more hearts, causing people to die (lose their hearts in KH)
    So uh...yeah, she's a bitch for preventing that.
    /sarcasm.

15. KeyBladeWielderSR Moogle Assistant

Wrong there are 4 KeyBlade wielders Sora, Kairi, Mickey, Riku

Not counting nobodies and not counting the up coming series.

16. WilliamTheWise Hollow Bastion Committee

Kairi isn't a keyblade wielder, but she is clearly capable of holding one as she possesses a strong heart and Riku wished her to do so. But she isn't capable of summoning the weapon on her own.

She was basically holding that keyblade, which still belonged to Riku. It was just like Way to Dawn, a transformed Soul Eater.
    Riku was basically dual wielding and letting her hold it.
    Xehanort's forgotten memories likely are connected to this.

17. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

I really wish people'd remember that Wielding seems to relate more to actually summoning the Keyblade and not just holding it.
    And I would like to point the court's attention to KH1 where Sora passed out in the First District after fighting Leon.
    He then woke up, with his Keyblade - in the second District.
    Leon and/or Yuffie had to have carried the Keyblade :\ so no, just because you hold onto a Keyblade doesn't mean squat save for the Keyblade not having its wielder to run away to.

As for Xehanort's Memories, the novels took that stance, describing what Riku felt at the time the second Keyblade appeared to be something like a long lost Memory resurfacing.
    No doubt XH's Memories about wielding.

18. Soxas Destiny Islands Resident

Er.
    Can anyone tell me why or if theres a theory that "no one(s)" mentions Xion in KH2?

19. WilliamTheWise Hollow Bastion Committee

Being partially made memories when she faded away she was forgotten by everyone. Thought records of her existence likely were present the opportunity to mention never really happened. I doubt Xemnas forgot her existence, completely considering all the reports mentioning her.But she was a failed experiment and thus didn't matter as building Kingdom hearts and preserving the Organization took top priority.

20. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

Actually, she was a success no one expected would happen. But she got her own sense of self and decided to do what she did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.