358/2 Days Xion Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Korra, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Maybe a little off topic, but I thought that a Key Bearer (e.g. Sora, Riku) was someone who held their own personal Keyblade with the ability to summon it.

Whilst a Keyblade Wielder (e.g. Kairi) was someone who was able to use a keyblade yet not actually possess one.

Not sure where Xion would fit.

2. WilliamTheWise Hollow Bastion Committee

Now her creation and process were a success, but wasn't her goal and purpose to replace Roxas by stealing his keyblade wielding ability and eventally getting rid of him?

3. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

Seeing how Leon and/or Yuffie had to transport Sora's Keyblade from the 1st district to the 2nd district in KH1, I'd hardly give that much importance to Kairi holding the Keyblade. If you think an explanation beyond "Riku wanted her to hold it" is needed, she's a PoH. Plot Deus Ex Machina explanation and there's no further need to think about it, let alone go places with it.
    As for Xion, she's as much a Keyblade Wielder as Sora and Roxas are as it's their abilities she was using.

She all but became Sora. And Sora is a hindrance to the Organization
    So I fail to see how that is a failure. If anything, the Organization were aiming towards self destruction xD

4. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

We don't have any true evidence on how the Keyblade travelled with Sora. They may have carried him whilst the Keyblade laid on top of him. And Nomura has hinted that a general rule for wielding a Keyblade is that someone must have a strong heart. I think either Leon or Yuffie fit in this catergory.
    I do believe this will be explained more in BBS, such as how VAT, Vanitas, MX, ME, and the King are all able to have their own Keyblades.
    They were aiming to obtain a Keyblade so as to collect hearts, there by creating Kingdom Hearts.
    With Sora incapacitated, they inducted Roxas into their ranks so as to more readily control the release of hearts, whilst Xemnas ordered the creation of Xion to hopefully double the number of hearts collected. However Roxas displayed displeasure and defiance against the Org, so it was their hope that Xion, their orginal puppet would absorb him and take his place.
    What they always believed is that Xion could be controlled since she was their creation, however this was deluded, and backfired on them.
    They never really intended for things to end up the way they did, but the Org instead had to adapt to the situation.

5. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

Look at the part in Bold and tell me when did holding and even swinging a Keyblade instantly became "wielding".
    Wielding, so far, seems to mean having a Keyblade of your own, not come into contact with one.

Uh, no. They wanted to have both Sora and Roxas. Roxas was born and recruited before Sora went to sleep, and at least part of what was going on in Castle Oblivion was to yes get Sora as a pawn as well.
    Mind-wiped Sora, Roxas, and Xion who'd by then have gotten Sora's Memories. A tiny army of keyblade wielders.

You need to be paying attention. Roxas was obediant until the bitter end and he even commented on how foolish he was for doing so. The reason they wanted to have Xion and her Keyblade replace Roxas was because
    She was absorbing more than she should've from him, thus rendering him useless
    For that effect however they didn't care who ended up standing last - Xion or Roxas, so long as they had one of them left at full strength instead of two of them when one was as good as useless.

They decided to go along with it even then though because of the side effect.
    Xion having a persona was because of Sora's memories. And that meant Sora'd never wake up and ruin everything.
    You really haven't been paying attention. All of this was said in-game.

6. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

So what exactly is the difference between a Wielder and a Bearer?

Ah, true, I forgot about Sora's time in CO.
    But I thought Xemnas never intentionally wished to capture and use Sora to collect hearts. I mean, if he did, he wouldn't of sent suspected traitor's of the Org to capture Sora.

I never said he wasn't obedient, only that he displayed displeasure in how the Org worked and constantly attempted to defy Saix's orders.
    I'm sure that out of the two, Xion was sternly predictated by the Org to defeat and absorb Roxas. They never envisoned it going any other way because Xion has drained alot of energy from Roxas already.

And yes, they in the end went along with the fact Roxas had won. This being the reason they needed to capture him after he left the Org.
    To tell the truth, i've only played through the game once. I'm doing most of this purely from memory. Apologies if some of it is inaccurate.

7. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

There isn't one. The two terms mean exactly the same thing. Sora was called both Master, Wielder and Bearer, indicating that if we're not dealing with a grave mistranslation, they let themselves call the same thing by different names.

And why the hell not? Marluxia'd have used Sora against Xemnas, not to collect more Hearts for Kingdom Hearts. I doubt that's something they wanted to happen.

Their predictions were kind of meaningless as the event itself was unpredictable. Also, again - they said in-game they didn't care who won, so long as only one was left standing.
    "She should take the rest of what Roxas has to give, or he should destroy her and get it all back." It didn't matter much to them.

8. mudstripe Twilight Town Denizen

How did Xion even get her name?

9. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

"No. i" + X.
    The meaning behind it that Nomura admitted to was the "Number i", being the root of -1. It is an imaginary number, one that doesn't really exist but was still defined - just like Xion.
    In-game it can mean No. I as in #1, indicating she's the first experiment in the Replica Project which is probably the logic the Organization used, and it also gets the bonus meaning of "No I", as in lack of Identity as she changes depending on who looks at her, and originally lacked a face.

Truly, a magnificent choice of a name all around on Nomura's part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.