Xenowut ?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Patman, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Patman Bof

Damn, is that ... is that a Xenoblade sequel ? It looks awesome ! XGARSBFUYHJISUSKRST !!
    Wait, it' s on Wii U, and it' s an on-line game.
    [​IMG]

2. 61 No. B

I know nothing about this series, but when I saw what appears to be a giant robot I almost freaked out.
    Looks cool.

3. Patman Bof

Xenosaga was a re-imagining of the Xenogears back-lore, and although I haven' t finished it yet as far as I can tell Xenoblade has nothing to do with either and its story is nowhere near as complex. They just use the Xeno leitmotif in their titles to say "hey, there' s giant robots in it".

Even if this game turns out to be related to Xenoblade (the visual interface is the same) chances are you' ll be able to join the ride without feeling puzzled by its story.

I don' t expect to buy a Wii U anytime soon, but I hope "on-line" doesn' t mean "mandatory paying subscription".

4. 61 No. B

I don't have a Wii U so this isn't something I'll have access to.
    My sister has a Wii so maybe with an appropriate amount of bribery I will be able to play one of those enough to see what it's about.

5. Darkandroid Gets it Together

This game alone makes me want to get a Wii U.

6. A Zebra Chaser

Aw man. Xenoblade is my favourite Wii RPG by far... so stoked for this

7. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

This is NOT a Xenoblade sequel. This is a new IP and a spiritual sequel, but will play a bit more action-oriented. And yes, eat your heart out Final Fantasy.[DOUBLEPOST=1359081623][/DOUBLEPOST]
    There is absolutely no proof to this claim. Judging by the fact SE is putting out Dragon quest X as an MMO for the Wii U, this will not be an MMO. Especially since the director hates multiplayer.

PLEASE AVOID PUTTING SPECULATION IN A NEWS POST WITHOUT A RUMOR LABEL

8. Patman Bof

There' s a chat box and the characters are labeled Player 1, Player 2 and Player 3. Make of that what you will.

9. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

The chat box could be used a test for enemy info, but it's most likely going to be like Monster Hunter or a separate mode like Last Story. This is still speculation and should not be treated as part of the new, as many ideas are often lost in development.

Also, the player label could be due to the characters not having names yet. This looks very early in the development process so for all we know, they could be place holders in the coding.

10. jafar custom title

Xenoblade or not, this game looks like a lot of fun. Def. will be keeping an eye on this. But, I'll be waiting until later to get a Wii U, IF I get one. Things really seem to be looking up for Nintendo with all these amazing new games.

11. Patman Bof

For all we know none of this will make it into the actual game. Hell, it might be canceled. The news is the video itself, what few words I added is just what popped into my mind when I saw it. I thought my tone and the thread title I chose made it fairly obvious. Apparently not.

I heard what' s in the chatbox is indeed chat, I don' t speak a word of Japanese so I can' t say if that' s true.