XenForo Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Amaury, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

It's still a temporary solution while we get a proper method for doing it.

2. Mixt The dude that does the thing

The page for the BBCode list has an error where the [TRD1] tag example put the remainder of the page in a giant cell.

Also the [BOX] tag is very hard to read since it preserves the light gray font from the skin and puts it on a white background. Either the font should be made black or the box should more closely resemble the skin color.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

I've updated the OP. Let me know if I'm missing anything or if something is mislabeled.

4. jafar custom title

I think it would be better if the Online bar would be grey or red and read Offline for those who are Offline or Invisible. It's confusing to me when I don't see an indicator that reads offline, and i assume they are online.

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Can we change the background color for posts? Right now it blends in with the rest of the thread. It isn't too big of a deal, but with the bar at the bottom (USERNAME, Time ago posted. Report ___________________ ## Like Reply), it's just aesthetically displeasing, at least to me. Or at least a border around posts.

6. Misty gimme kiss

I'm still very not pleased with the look of the site, I put this together in roughly three hours so it's very much unfinished! I've been making little changes these past few days, but things still are a work in progress on it.

7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Oh, I'm not rushing you by any means! I was just posting my main pet peeve with the design that I wish to be fixed. I understand it's a work in progress.

8. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I figured it would be nice to have something like this at one point.

[​IMG]

Obviously not the PS trophy star but maybe a crown or heart. I understand you're bring back pins but I thought bringing a wee bit of KH life into the Trophies would be a fun touch if possible, SENSUALLY.

9. Jayn

Back on VM we made is so that smilies were not automatic and you had to use the drop down. So :) was just : ) . So I would like to suggest that if it hasn't been mentioned already. There's also no 'noparse' anymore, from what I can see?

Also, there was a BBCODE that was
    that auto indented for us. So that is another suggestion.

10. Mixt The dude that does the thing

noparse is now plain

A full list of the current BBCodes can be found here

I would also like a way to go straight to the BBCode Editor instead of having to click away from the Rich Text Editor all the time. Though if not possible it is only a minor annoyance.

11. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

The one thing that I'm really having trouble adjusting to is not being able to post by pressing Alt+S on my keyboard. If it's possible to make that happen, I won't have any other suggestions for a while, save for changing "Preferences" to "User CP."

12. Amaury Legendary Hero

I've updated the OP. Let me know if I'm missing anything for things you guys suggested.

13. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

Two suggestions: add the local time to be shown somewhere in every page, and give us the ability to download private conversations.

14. Amaury Legendary Hero

Added.

15. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Is there a way to add the post text editor for when you're editing in plaintext?

Also: I'm still hanging on vB, but could we implement a similar post text editor to XenForo? I think a lot of people would like that.

16. Amaury Legendary Hero

Are you referring to the Basic, Standard, and Enhanced editors?

17. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I am, are they already on this forum? Because if they are, that'd be great.

18. Amaury Legendary Hero

I haven't seen an option to change the editor type, either, so I will add the suggestion to my OP.

19. Mixt The dude that does the thing

To switch away from the rich text editor (into the plain text BBCode editor) just click the button in the top right of the box, the one that has two "A"s on it. Unfortunately this also removes all the buttons so you need to type in the codes on your own. To switch back it is a link under the box to the left.

There are several aspects to it that could be improved, but it is still an option.

EDIT: Found an addon for an alternate BBCode editor, this one looks much better.

20. Misty gimme kiss

Seen it already, but it's not WYSIWYG, unfortunately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.