XenForo Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Amaury, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaury Legendary Hero

I asked What? before making this to make sure.

Anyway, I thought it'd be nice to have an organized list of suggestions made both by myself and other users. Staff are, of course, still busy working out more important things, so I am NOT expecting immediate action to be taken.

If you have a suggestion that isn't listed here, feel free to post, and I will add it.

• In the footer, where the poster's username and timestamp are, remove the poster's username, and move the timestamp below the username in the postbit user information area.
      • In profiles, where it says (User) was last seen: (Activity), rename that back to Current Activity and move it into the statistics box above Last Activity.
      • Allow selection of users or guests only on the Who's Online? page.
      • If possible, change the detailed current activity information back to the Yesterday / Today way for dates that fall in those periods. For example, instead of "a moment ago," "a minute ago," etc., Today, 9:28 PM.
      • When on the forum index, the tab on Mozilla Firefox says KH-Vids, which is the same as the homepage. To separate the two, maybe change it to KH-Vids Forum for the forum, or KH-Vids.Net Forum if still preferred?
      • Add "Age" in the postbit user information area.
      • Re-add the time on the forum.
      • Re-add numbers of users, which includes guests, viewing a forum or sub-forum.
      • Re-add a "Reply to Thread" button at the top of threads.
      • Remove the confirmation to mark forums read and just mark them read.
      • Make profile comments editable.
      • Re-add the "You last visited" thing.
      • Move the "What's New?" tab back to the main navigation area.
      • Rename the "Forums" tab to "Forum" for accuracy.
      • Move the "Online" indicator above avatars and below user titles.
      • Ability to change number of posts to show per page.
      • Re-add the user group color bar.

• Make dropdowns clickable.
      • A BBCode/HTML view in the signature editor.
      • Mark a forum section read by double-clicking. There was a certain BBcode in vBulletin: [ JUMPTO="location" ] and it coincided with [ ANAME="location" ].
      • Combine following and followers into one friends list.
      • Ability to edit what's shown on Recent Activity.
      • The
        tag is very hard to read since it preserves the light gray font from the skin and puts it on a white background. Either the font should be made black or the box should more closely resemble the skin color.
        [*]Change Discussions back to Threads and Messages back to Posts.
        [*]Add the local time somewhere on the forum that displays on every page.
        [*]Ability to download PMs.
        [*]Ability to change editor types: Basic, Standard, and Enhanced.

• Re-add Last edited by (User): (Date) at (time).
      • Re-add Visiting Members that shows the members that visited the forum that day, which resets at each member's 12:00 AM frame.
      • Re-add "Who's viewing a forum?"
      • Re-add "Moderators of this forum."
      • Remove VM character limit.
      • Allow .gifs in avatars.
      • Bring back username history.
      • Adjust the avatar size for each user group.
      • Re-add multiquote, it was a useful function.
      • Re-add post templates.

• Add user group indicators for "Who's viewing a thread?" so they have their respectable colors, as well as for the future "Who's viewing a forum?" Currently, they're the same color as links.
      • Move the username above the avatar.
      • Have gender appear in the information under poster's names (in the box with join date, message count, and location).

• Change the date format back to numerical (e.g., 8/16/2012).
      • A BBCode view in the post box.
      • Remove likes, it's tacky and unsightly.

• Re-add custom number of posts per page, it was a useful function.

2. Amber PLUR

- Allow .gifs in avatars (Though I think they're working on this already.)
    - Have gender appear in the information under poster's names (in the box with join date, message count, and location)
    - A BBCode view in the post box (I hate rich text editors with a passion)
    - A BBCode/HTML view in the signature editor
    - Bring back username history

That's what I have for now. Will post again when I have more.

3. Krown King's Apprentice

I'm not sure if anything can be done about this, but if it's possible, to change your avatar with a URL instead of just uploading a file. That way i can change my avatar via iPod. ​

4. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

I'm going to be a party pooper and ask for the avatar limit back for normal members? I don't know. I understand most if not some, like the new 192x192 limit but meh.

5. The Fuk? Dead

See if it's possible for premium members to change the color of their name to white.

6. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Off the top of my head:
    Re-add multiquote, it was a useful function.
    Re-add custom number of posts per page, it was a useful function.
    Remove likes, it's tacky and unsightly.

7. Misty gimme kiss

This is more of personal preference? I like it better this way, tbh. And then there's no more of that "I live in Europe and we write the date this way" business.
    Will look into this.
    This too.
    Already looking into this.
    Knew about this already, but yeah, will look into.
    Done.
    Already on the list.
    Also looking into.
    We are, I have to contact the host to get something configured but I will do it.
    Done.
    Already there, check the top right corner of the editor toolbar.
    Will look into.
    I've been playing with the avatar display tonight, so I didn't alter any of the limits. That is probably forthcoming.
    Already planning to look into, I liked multi-quotes.
    Unsure if this is possible.
    Not possible and not happening. Don't use it if you don't like it.

Please remember guys that this is not vBulletin. It isn't our goal to make things exactly the way things were--some things we do prefer the vBulletin way and we will change them as such, but things like placement, terminology, etc., are probably not going to change.

8. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    If you can't remove Likes, can you add rep? I know one of you said it was buggy, but could the bugs be fixed?

9. Saxima [screams geometrically]

It seems like you've got a lot on your plate for these forums.

Anyway, I was wondering if there were a way to mark the a forum section read by double-clicking? Also: There was a certain BBcode on the vBulletin that I liked [ JUMPTO="location" ] and it coincided with [ ANAME="location" ], now, I can't seem to find a list of BBcode for this forum, so I had been wondering if that were available.

10. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Is there any way to make it so that you can be invisible?

It really was nice for me considering that I have to focus on schoolwork and people don't send me messages that I then feel responsible to reply to.

11. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    Hover over your name top right, the drop down will appear, uncheck the online status and you should be invisible.

12. Amaury Legendary Hero

Alright, no problem. I'm not one to argue, so I'll leave it at that. :) However, I'm assuming it is possible to change it? If so, could it be changed to full months instead of abbreviations?

Also, I've edited my OP.

Legend
    • Normal: Unanswered suggestions.
    • Lime: Approved suggestions.
    • Red: Rejected suggestions.
    • Orange: Unsure of suggestions.
    In any case, though, thank you for the hard work.

Edit: Another suggestion from me. See the OP.

13. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Would it be possible for a member to deactivate their Recent Activity on their profile? Or at least edit what is shown? I kinda don't like the idea of folk being able to see everything I do.

Also, it's more of an idea once you guys get everything in order, but what about creating KH themed trophy icons? I had a wee look on the Xenforo forums and it looks like it is possible to customise icons.

14. What? 『 music is freedom 』

There are works for returning the pins as quickly as possible, actually.

15. Misty gimme kiss

In addition, I haven't really touched trophies yet (but plan to!).

16. Aura Goddess

I'm not sure if it's been brought up to you guys or not, but it'd be wonderful to bring back post templates. A lot of members, especially those that RP, used them.

17. Misty gimme kiss

I haven't seen the feature available for Xenforo yet (though I will look again), but the creator of it recently began creating resources for Xenforo, so I have hopes they'll convert it over.

18. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

You'd have to kill me before I used it. But in lieu of this can we instead modify sending private messages to make it quicker(not take forever, this Xenforo thing loads much slower for me for some reason so nothing that takes loading a bunch of new pages in between messaging and getting back to the thread) and more accessible from posts or introduce something like saging so that I don't have to bump a thread to respond to it?[DOUBLEPOST=1345249654][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, is it possible to change the listed words on the forum from Discussions to Threads and Messages to Posts? It's small but it does annoy me.

19. Mixt The dude that does the thing

A quick note on multi quoting. It is still there. Hitting reply on any post will add the quote to the end of the quick reply box. This can be the beginning if the box is empty, or after another quote you made. The only annoying part is needing to scroll back up.

20. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Yeah, I noticed that after I made the suggestion but it's still a horribly cumbersome and inconvenient system that no one will enjoy using.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.