Dream Drop Distance Xehanort's Infinite Loop

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by GhettoXemnas, Jun 17, 2013.

1. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Based on what Young Xehanort says to Sora about how he's eventually going to return to his own time and forget what he's been doing with his other selves and their Organization, and based on what he said to Riku about how you cannot change events when time traveling technically Young Xehanort cannot be defeated...he HAS to return to his own time, forget everything and then become Master Xehanort...who will then become Ansem Seeker of Darkness and go back and tell Young Xehanort the whole time travel plan...essentially creating an infinite loop where it is impossible to purge all forms of Xehanort from the KH universe because to do so would change the events of time because Young Xehanort HAS to return to his own time and forget everything because if he doesn't then there will be no Master Xehanort and thus most if not all of the events in the KH games would never happen

2. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

I think technically there's a way around Xehanort always being around. Young Xehanort has to return to his own timeline eventually. Maybe even the Xehanorts will get too cocky towards the end of KH3 when they've almost won and thus YMX goes back into his own time. Essentially once YMX is in his own time Master Xehanort can be killed since the loop is still set even if he dies at the current time. Even then though as long as YMX goes back to his timeline and Master Xehanort is killed the loop can still go but Xehanort can be gotten rid of after a point. Xehanort will always be a part of the KH universe but it would be possible to defeat him.

So yeah, time travel.

3. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Yeah but essentially what I'm saying is even if they stop Xehanort, one gets away and then he'll be back and everything happens again...yeah basically time travel is all one can say about that.

4. A Zebra Chaser

The thing is
    In KH, characters are allowed to be WRONG
    I'm very willing to bet there will be a plot point where Sora changes the past through the power of friendship/hearts/light
    And well, even if Young Xehanort survives, what's he going to do? Live in his own time period at us?

5. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

If he survives, which as of now he has too based on what we know, and when he returns he forgets, grows up and then fuucks up the whole KH universe again. And again. And again.

6. A Zebra Chaser

And then it gets solved in KH3
    If you're saying that Xehanort has to go through estroying the universe infinitely then... no, not really. Time is still progressing linearly, just out of order

7. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Essentially all I'm doing is pointing out the pointlessness of it all considering it's technically bound to happen over and over again.

8. A Zebra Chaser

But it's not
    It already happened

9. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

And will happen again.

10. A Zebra Chaser

No, it happened in the past once, that's all there is to it. Time progresses linearly, there is no loop

11. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

No, there is. It happened in the past to Master Xehanort, though he forgot it, as Young Xehanort. Once he becomes MX and then eventually ASoD he goes back in time and sets YX on the time travel path and after doing all the time traveling YX goes back, forgets everything and then lives life eventually becoming MX who then goes back as ASoD and sets YX on that path. Repeat. Over. And over. It's a loop.

12. A Zebra Chaser

The fact that time proceeds as usual does not make it a loop
    In order for it to be a look, when Young Xehanort goes back in time he would have to go back to the moment BEFORE he left, so it could repeat. As it stands, it's just a chunk of time that takes place later in the timeline

13. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

The fact that he forgets everything when he goes back puts him for all intents and purposes in a state exactly the same as before he left on his time travel journey. He then grows up and eventually will go back and send himself on that same path, over and over again.

14. A Zebra Chaser

If anything this makes it even more far removed from the loop, since it's essentially not even the same Xehanort at that point

15. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

But if he dies in the present he can't time travel to a place after he had died so he will be stoped and never will attack in the future. There is the possibility that he is cleansed from the darkness just like Riku did with Ansem.

If this is what is bugging you, why not to think that at KH II Sora travelled back way before Xehanort to the timeless river? We could use that door so he didn't need to lose his heart in the process... Merlin even says that Sora might change the past in there , but should resist the temptation.

16. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

You aren't understanding. When he gets sent back in time, he was there in the first place. He's just going to become the Master Xehanort that gets defeated. It's not like he can't be defeated. If we defeated Young Xehanort everything would change....there'd be no need for TAV to fight a man who doesn't exist and etc. Read it and think. If he goes back in time and forgets everything, he's going to grow up and be defeated. How is this a loop?

17. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

I'm not saying he cannot be defeated, all I'm saying is essentially it's going to happen over and over again because he has to go back in time and then start that same chain of events over again, and before he's defeated he'll send another younger version of himself on that same path.

I never said it was the same Xehanort or that he's unnstoppable, only that he will continually send younger versions of himself to do the same thing over and over again, a loop, if you will. Not saying he himself will do it over and over again and maybe loop is the improper term, but never did I imply it was one Xehanort and never did I imply he is unbeatable.

Basically what I'm saying is that Xehanort will keep sending his younger self on the same mission, destined to fail, over and over again if he must return to his own timeline and grow into Master Xehanort. You all are reading to deep into what I'm saying and somehow getting that Master Xehanort has invincibility and what not out of it.

18. A Zebra Chaser

But that's the thing, it's not a DIFFERENT Young Xehanort, it's just the one. And we already know Ansem SoD will do what he did because it happened during KH1

19. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Yes they are the same person but being in the same place at once makes them different enough. Me saying they're different is me clarifying that I'm not trying to imply that MX is unstoppable because YX survives. He will lose, but it's still going to happen all over again when Young Xehanort will return to his own timeline and proceed to live life and thus somewhere in the KH universe there is another Xehanort doing all of that all over again.

And I know you're probably gonna reply with the same stuff about time being linear or whatever but when you introduce time travel and you have not only people moving forward and backward in time, but people going and meeting themselves and having multiple incarnations of one person from different points in their life coming together that's not linear.

20. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

You all seem to be forgetting that time isn't a strict progression of cause and effect and if looked at from a non-liner non-subjective point of view it's really just one big ball of wibbly wobbly timey-whiny...Stuff.

Seriously though...Time Travel. I read a comment sometime back predicting in KH3 Sora s gonna go back in time and persway YMX to go a different route to seeing the outside world and tell him what chaos we will wreak on the universe and MX will persway him to follow his destined path.

Basiclly it would boil down to YMX making a choice.

Anyway, somehow the loop is gonna be broken in KH3.