Xehanorts heartless guardian is terra ??

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by benjizz, Jun 1, 2013.

1. benjizz Destiny Islands Resident

Watch this video

So what are your thoughts on this? Could it possibly be terra or were just overlooking things?

2. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

I don't think so.
    For one in BBS when Aqua fights Terranort you can do a combo attack with Terra against Xehanort's Gaurdian. This kinda shatters the whole thing unless Terra could be himself and the gaurdian heartless at once. Also Ansem and Xemans are both confirmed to be part Xehanort and part Terra.

3. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Probably not. Square-Enix just want to make Riku look even more awesome during that part. But Everglow's theory is pretty interesting, since I watched the video before.

4. benjizz Destiny Islands Resident

Yeah your righ but an other possibility coild be that it is master eraquxs cause don t forget his hearts resides within terra. But i highly doubt that. What i personally think is that it coild be terra darkness as a representation bwcause it would make sense to have it be, because since there are two people in that body there must be some sort of representstion of the sort if you know i getting at. Its like the way ven protected sora with his armor,it only has to be people who have a heart within them i mean you surely have asled yourself at least oncr who this guardian was?[DOUBLEPOST=1370135618][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yeah but you cab never be sure Nomura is capable of anything. Plus if you think of it anything since Kh 3d is possible

5. A Zebra Chaser

I've had this theory in the back of my head for a long time now
    Personally, I think the fact that going inside Terra's... mind... I guess...? and finding Guardian says a lot. So yeah, I personally believe they have a connection. After all, Guardian appears after Xehanort takes drastic measure to excise Terra completely, right?
    (Sorry, didn't watch the video... my computer doesn't feel like running any youtube video today :/)

6. Explode Who?!

*Spoilers for all games below*

I've seen this before, and I do actually agree with it. Not that it's Terra, but his darkness. There were multiple battles with Xehanort before the one with Aqua, and yet you don't see that Guardian Heartless until Xehanort takes over Terra's body, which leads me to believe it's connected to his "new vessel". Master Xehanort gained control over Terra's body by feeding his darkness. He controls Terra's body via his darkness (MX: "Darkness rules your heart. It gives me control."), and as a result, Terra's darkness became like a slave to him (protecting him and helping him in battle), even though his individual will remained. At the beginning of Birth by Sleep, Eraqus warns Aqua that Terra's darkness "...runs very deep". I think the Guardian is the embodiment of his darkness.

When Xehanort became a heartless, Terra's darkness went along with it, and since they shared a body, there was only one nobody produced.

I noticed something in that scene that wasn't mentioned in the video. Ansem's Guardian reaches out as if he's summoning a keyblade, and then Riku holds up his in the same way. It's reminiscent of the "passing of the power" ceremony. If you remember, the reason Terra passed the keyblade down to Riku was because he said he wanted to become strong "to protect the things that matter. You know, like my friends." In this moment, when Ansem and his Guardian fade away, he remembers his answer, which is why he says "strength to protect what matters." It's not entirely clear if Riku made the connection that this could be Terra (in some form), but it's quite possible, since right before the fight, he mentions how Ansem reminds him of Terra (not by name, of course). That, combined with how sad he looks after defeating Ansem, I'd say it's likely.

It is just a theory, but it's pretty air-tight. Until it's proven wrong, I'll stick with it. I think it's a really cool idea, and adds a chilling narrative layer over the whole series; thinking back to the original fight with him in Kingdom Hearts 1. I always wondered why Ansem had that Guardian, if he was so strong on his own. This explanation is much better than just because he controls the heartless.

7. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I agree and strongely disagree at the same time!

First things first! If you Think the guardian is Terra, is not! As we saw through the series before Terranort used the guardian against Aqua:

Ansem(seeker of darkness) uses it everytime, BUT RIKU ALSO USES IT AGAINS ROXAS:

Now... we see that before Terranort became a Heartless the guardian existed, if Terra had became a Heartless at that point Xemnas should had been born there! We know that Ansem and Xemnas only appered years after Xehanort studied under Ansem.

At 358/2 days when Riku uses His darkness to use the guardian he was already free from Ansem's hold that's why he didn't lost his heart nor the Keyblade while at that form.

So I strongely disagree that "the guardian is Terra". I think he is the equivalent of That Ship Xemnas fuses himself into when becomes one with Kingdom Hearts, or that giant thing Marluxia became at the end of Chain of memories.

I do however agree that is a bit off that only Ansem's incarnations showed that power.. (but it can be only a aesthetics thing).
    I would agree if one said that the guardian is the DARK EQUIVALENT of the DUAL KEYBLADE WIELDING... like, when you got two hearts inside your body you are able to use two keyblades (why didn't sora took that chance at Kh1 ?) , If you are at the dark side because you have multiple hearts you are able to use the guardian as a "second weapon". Xeharnot and Riku are the only people at the dark side that we currently know that had two or more hearts inside of them.. that would justify only them being able of using the guardian! But I don't think is propely Terra, but due to Terra's presence Xehanort was able to use the guardian (Like Sora has Roxas Heart, but I don't think that Roxas itself is the other Keyblade, like I don't think Xion is the second keyblade of Roxas even though inheriting their hearts enables the user to use the secondary weapon).

We could also look the guardian as "Ansem true form" , as a beeing of darkness that he become he apears as the Guardian, but he isn't still a Heartless as he mantained his body.. as he gained that ability before becaming a heartless he kept it after even whithout a heart and Riku "has it because Ansem has it" , just like "Sora can use two keyblades, because Roxas could".. and that's why even when his fake body gave up the guardian still wanted to fight.

It can be Terra aswell but i don't belive it is.

Also... how does terra can keep up with all this spliting? The lingiring spirit is where his spirit is, his body and heart with Ansem, and his keyblade (and Roxa's) followed Aqua to the realm of Darkness /o\ How many parts are there? And so Xemnas has Terra's body but not his soul? Maybe he lost to Xehanort mainly because he didn't put his spirit into it LoL ?

8. benjizz Destiny Islands Resident

Who knows everyone is xehanort nowadays. I do strongly agree of with definition of the dual wield. But i am going to stick with my theory about terra s darkness. If it wasn t terranort would have used it during his battle with terra sentment , see because after that battle terranort was mentally and emotianally confused since terra and MX were fighingt over their domination over the body, this must have then have a negative effect and create a second persona and theb it has stuck with xehanort since. As for when he create Xemnas and ansem it carried on to ansem and dont forget thaft ansem is 100% darkness and i completely shrouded in it so it would make sense for terra darknwss to pass on to him. Before the fight with ansem when riku made his speech he probably managed to reach terra somehow and eventually led to make terra do that littlemovement. Lets just think of it as a shadow and representation of terras body inside xehanort.

9. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

That maybe true I guess but is odd for me that so many people uses the guardian and all the time is Terra, I think even Ansem (the wise, not the seeker of darkness) used it at chain of memories/reverse rebirth:

And Ansem the wise (DiZ) Reverse/Rebirth doesn't have anything to due with Terra. IF guardian is just a "Dark hability" is ok, if not it is at least strange.

10. Explode Who?!

I don't think Riku ever fought with Ansem the Wise. He appeared in the beginning to wake Riku up, and then in Twilight Town, where Riku noticed right away that his smell was different. I don't think the real Ansem would try to coax Riku into using the darkness: he's all about choices.

The only one who uses the guardian outside of Xehanort and his Heartless form is Riku, and Xehanort's Heartless is still living on inside him, so he can call forth his power after he submits to it.

11. CloudStrife2k9 Twilight Town Denizen

This is a very interesting theory. Adds even more to the mindfuh that is Kingdom Hearts.

I noticed that too! Because of that, I now stick to this theory that the Dark Guardian, if not Terra, he at least has something to do with Terra.

12. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

It was Ansem the wise, Riku discovred at Twilight town (in castle oblivion). He was faking to be Ansem seeker of darkness, because he belives in the power of darkness this whole game was Ansem the wise teasing riku with Darkness and Mickey bringing him back twoards the light.

13. Explode Who?!

It's never stated outright, but I'm pretty sure that the real Ansem is the one following him through out the castle. It wouldn't make sense for Ansem the Wise to go that far to push him towards darkness, when he later asks him to choose. At one point (right after the fight with Lexaeus), Riku says "a darkness this foul could only be [Ansem]". But then when DiZ appears disguised as Ansem, he sees through it; saying that his scent is different. "It's not darkness: it's something else. I finally understand. You're the one who guided me when it started. You came to me pretending to be Ansem. You gave me the card, to make me face the darkness". He only mentions that first encounter in the void (ignoring all the other encounters, which were with Xehanort's Heartless), and says he wanted him to "face the darkness": not give in to it. So DiZ only appears those two times, while Xehanort's Heartless was there every other time including the final battle. Like I said, there's no confirmation on this that I know of, but it makes sense.

Regardless, when DiZ comes to Riku as Ansem, it's an illusion. In Kingdom Hearts 2, he made a replica of an entire town out of data, including all of its inhabitants. Who's to say he couldn't copy Xehanort's Guardian too?

14. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

On the data world he is god, but at real world he shouldn't be able to do so much, If he could why he would need the hero of the Keyblade? He didn't care about Kingdom HEarts by that point revange was everything that matters to him.

15. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

"Fact: We all know Nomura is a hell of a fox."

...Respectfully disagree-*brick'd*

Didn't Nomura get the idea for 358/2 Days from a fanfic or something? I dunno, that's how I heard it, could just be a wild rumor. Wish he'd made a Sorrow of Magpies game instead AHEM but yeah, the original point is interesting - and if we were dealing with someone who's known for making every second count, making every gesture and expression meaningful, I'd say it's definitely not for no reason that the Guardian stops for a second and holds out his hand like that. Sadly, no matter what other credit you choose to give him, Nomura is not a master author; this would have to be planned as of Birth by Sleep, and I don't believe he's operating on that level from that far back in the story. But I do believe he'd make it canon now that somebody's thought it up. So I think the real answer is: If it's out there, it's fair game.

16. Explode Who?!

I'm not saying that he's extremely-powerful, just good at creating illusions. We already saw him demonstrate his ability to have the appearance and voice of Xehanort's Heartless inside Castle Oblivion. In the Kingdom Hearts universe, the distinction between the data world and real world is essentially nonexistent. In KH2, DiZ tells Riku to delete the money pouch because it should be kept out of the real world. Mickey brings it to Sora, along with the blue orb from the struggle trophy, causing there to be two of those existing simultaneously in the real Twilight Town. Point is, he could probably create Xehanort's Guardian (whether it's a powerful version or a cheap imitation is unclear) should the need arise.

But we're kind of getting off topic. I don't actually think he did this (for reasons I explained earlier). I just don't think it's a stretch to say that he could.

17. Cutsceneaddict Traverse Town Homebody

I always saw that scene as showing that Riku had finally overcome the Darkness. The Guardian--an extension of Xehanort's Heartless--reaches out in a last effort to bring down Riku, but Riku manages to ward it off, simply be raising his Keyblade. It's a powerful scene and one of my favorites.

That being said, these are some interesting theories I'm reading. I wouldn't be suprised if the Guardian is Terra--perhaps his Heartless even. I know that the big contradition here is that Terra--when possessed by Xehanort--was using the Guardian at the same time, but perhaps the Guardian is Terra's Heartless. It could certinaly be argued that Terra is more-or-less dead at this point: his body has been taken away and he's little more than a weak will.

Back to the scene in question: I do find it significant that Riku references his meeting with Terra right before the battle, and then right after. The manner in which the Guardian reaches out is also worth noting. It does, as others have mentioned, look as though he's trying to summon a Keyblade.

18. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

This is a very good theory. and in all honesty i completely forgot about that scene until u just posted it. I guess i never read that far into it, but everyone here is making good points. It would make sense if it was Terra's heartless. very good observation +1 to you all :)

19. Labrys King's Apprentice

Yeah I think it's something subconscious that the heartless guardian is in fact the shadow persona of Terra and how he view himsrlf deep inside.

20. AtomGamingShow Moogle Assistant

Thats exactly what I thought.