Dream Drop Distance Xehanort comes back. So what?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Mako Tsunami, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Mako Tsunami Kingdom Keeper

All throughout Nomura's little detour games we've been getting build up for Xehanort's return, and with KH3D it's finally upon us.

But why is it such a big deal? Terra wiped the floor with Old Man Xehanort in BBS; with him, Ven, Aqua, Roxas, Mickey, Riku and Sora, it would just be overkill this time around.

So what makes Xehanort's return equivalent to everyone's doom? That's for us to discuss here.

Personally I think Xehanort has been biding his time throughout all the games, from opening the DtD to forming Org.XIII to making his own Kingdom Hearts. It could be very likely that all of this wasn't just singular attempts to merge with Kingdom Hearts; if we've learned anything in KH it's that nothing is coincidence. The events up until now might have given Xehanort some ungodly power for all we know. In fact, that's highly likely considering the huge force Sora and the gang are rounding up.

So what are your theories on Xehanort's return? How will he be a threat to the new and awakened keybearers?

2. Hayabusa Venomous

Xehanort was easy for Terra because Xehanort was really old by then, and as such, his strength had dwindled quite a lot, but he never intended to win that fight anyway. Throughout every game, he's been using people to gain back power, beyond the levels of both his Heartless and his Nobody (well, his through Terra's body, or something). Now, with a younger body, we can only speculate how strong he is.

(Terra must be pretty pissed off being just a suit of armor right now lol)

3. Llave Superless Moderator

Ohey it's Mako Tsunami. Anyway, back on topic...

Xehanort is clearly smarter than the average cliché antagonist, or at least I hope so. Taking over the world and such has become too predictable, but I feel that's not his motive.

If anything, his ultimate goal is the Keyblade War. I don't know why he's so obsessive with it, but there's gotta be something more there that we don't know about. Kingdom Hearts is his goal, yes. But what will that do? What's the point in obtaining it? I just hope it's not a terrible ending or anything.

4. Hayabusa Venomous

He wants to gain control of Kingdom Hearts, the point of the Keyblade War. Take that as you will. The prospect of being able to manipulate the world as you please may be somewhat cliche, but is there any more dark of an agenda? Of course, he still don't know what he'll do with it.

"Realizing the power unlocking the "heart of all worlds" would grant, Xehanort set his goal on finding a way to open the door to Kingdom Hearts. He eventually discovered a way of doing so: forging the χ-blade, a legendary Keyblade capable of unlocking Kingdom Hearts."

5. D3xus Merlin's Housekeeper

Xehanort is a bit pissed he got cheated out of a young body who got his memories wiped, so he's a little pissed. He's also still after Kingdom Hearts and the Keyblade War and all that good stuff.

6. Mako Tsunami Kingdom Keeper

As for Xehanort's goal, we can read it in the reports of BBS.

As a boy, I dreamed of seeing the farthest reaches of the World. If I only went far enough, there had to be a world out there in which no one had ever before set foot. And now I know of just such a world. If I become the first to open Kingdom Hearts' door, I can create the Next World in which light and darkness exist in perfect equilibrium. - Xehanort's Report 9

You could argue in saying that he's already accomplished that
    in KH2 as Xemnas when creating The World That Never Was, but Ansem (the real Ansem) commented that the world he created was a monstrosity. We could see a recurring event where Xehanort tries to realize that ideal again.

But what of the trailers we've seen for 3D?
    We've seen hints of Xehanort's younger self in an Org.XIII coat, his heartless and nobody appearing, and a host of hooded individuals also with the coat. In KH2, we see Xemnas perform feats unlike any other Nobody we've seen so far. Could these be foreshadowing of Xehanort's plans once he returns, or hints of some grand power he's achieved?

Your username is unfamiliar. Did I know you? o_o

7. Blader Traverse Town Homebody

if Xehanort wants a keyblade war, and we now have a lot of keybladers, how much EASIER is it to body-snatch someone and get a X-Blade? The only real threat is Aqua, and if you kncok her out, he could create one giant mess.

8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I hate to make this comparison, but we can say that Xehanort is like the Sosuke Aizen of Kingdom Hearts. The guy is really powerful, he has a ton of schemes, and always seems to have a backup plan. As Hayabusa put it, the guy wasn't as strong as when he was younger, but that's actually saying something, considering how powerful he was during that little beatdown in the Secret Ending, as well as in BBS. He's always putting people in front of him like shields, so they always take the fall, and he doesn't care if they go. We've seen that with him and Braig; he would have easily disposed of him if Braig was worthless or crossed him. If Xehanort ever gets control of Kingdom Hearts, we know the guy is going to be even worse news than he is now

9. Hayabusa Venomous

I'd almost want to see this, just so I can have a good battle worthy of my skills...

/totallyboastingmykingdomheartsownage

10. Llave Superless Moderator

That's true. Both the Keyblade War and the Door to Kingdom Hearts are things he wants to accomplish. I dunno why exactly opening the door would be an evil plan, but it could be something bigger than that.

Ah no. I just remember seeing your username in the member list when I was getting close to premium. (Categorizing by most posts lol)

11. Misty gimme kiss

Kingdom Hearts is still a bit unexplained in the games, but we can pretty assuredly say that the person who controls it would definitely going to be a big deal. I think Xehanort's goal is, ultimately, immortality. Simply "I want to destroy everything" doesn't seem quite nefarious enough for him, somehow?

I would speculate that Xehanort seeks immortality because he wants to "know everything." Even his offshoot forms were obsessed with knowledge; let's all remember "one who knows nothing can understand nothing," "you understand so little," etc., as well as Terranort's apprenticeship and delving into the mysteries of the heart. He does not shy away from unexplored territory or things that are considered taboo--like, say, splitting a kid's heart just for some ultimate weapon. In that pursuit of knowledge, though, he is corrupted, and it becomes equally a quest for power & escaping mortality. He'll go to any ends to satisfy his wants, that alone makes him a dangerous force. His return certainly doesn't bode well for Sora&co.

12. Hayabusa Venomous

Or maybe...Xehanort wants to have luscious, beautiful hair forever, even at the cost of corrupting Kingdom Hearts!?

...hell if I know, dude's whack.

13. Llave Superless Moderator

Yeah, destruction and ruling everything doesn't seem to fit him.

Seems like he also just has grudges on Eraqus and maybe Yen Sid. Immortality and possibly something temporal would be more up his sleeve. The ultimate secret of the Keyblade War was the forging of the X-blade, and that opens the doors to Kingdom Hearts. Having all those hearts and the knowledge would be more plausible I'd say.

14. Blader Traverse Town Homebody

I remember from one of the Xehanort reports that one of Xehanort other motives to unlocking Kingdom Hearts was the desire to set first foot on a world no one had ever seen before. To be the first to accomplhish such a feat. Maybe he forgot that, or maybe I over-looked it. But wouldn't that also be a driving motive for unleashing the X-Blade and unlocking Kingdom Hearts? He also talks about bcoming a new state of being, within Kingdom Hearts.

15. Mako Tsunami Kingdom Keeper

It says that in Xehanort Report 9,
    saying that if he were the first to open Kingdom Hearts, he could make a new world where both light and darkness are in equilibrium. Who's to say if that's still his goal.

16. Iskandar King of Conquerors

maybe it's not so much immortality. After all, his keyblade alone lets him transer his heart to another vessel, like what he did with Terra. But I guess if they're strong enough, he might end up like before with Terra. But I think what makes the guy so dangerous is his lust for knowledge. The guy will stop at nothing for it. He used Ven just for the X-blade, and he even used all of Ansem's Apprentice's for his own means. And it might be that he he wanted to learn more about the heart and stuff when he worked with Ansem because it had something to do with kingdom hearts or something. After all, once he saw kingdom hearts himself, he got infatuated with it again

17. Misty gimme kiss

Yup, you're right. Here's the exact line:
    So, that could be a contributing motive. However, with he said that this was a sort of childhood dream; with his dabbling in darkness, it's possible that he's lost sight of this original vision.
    I say immortality because, as we all seem to agree, he has a serious lust for knowledge, amongst other more mysterious motives. However, because we see him so old in Birth by Sleep, one can infer that he never reached his goals in his youth, and maybe die soon (if death from old age exists in the Kingdom Hearts universe); thus, he seeks new vessels so that he can continue to work towards his goals.

18. Mako Tsunami Kingdom Keeper

To be honest, by the way the report is worded the actual childhood dream was discovering a world no one else had stepped foot on. Opening Kingdom Hearts and creating a world of equilibrium is spoken in first person, therefore it is an idea forged when writing the report itself, therefore it was his motive for first attempting to begin the Keyblade war. Additionally we see Xemnas forming The World That Never Was after Xehanort meddled with the darkness, so the idea is far from the back of his mind.