wowww Miley Cyrus did something right...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by reptar, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Juicy Chaser

Uhh yeah, there's bound to be extremists for all things that get attention. Its not like the majority of Twilight fans arent normal people o_o

I lol'd

Oh feel free to dislike the book, I just hate it when people ***** about it at every oppertunity.

2. kitty_has_claws246 Traverse Town Homebody

Does that mean everyone who decides to become a singer has to get bashed because people claim they can't sing? Miley Cyrus can sing a lot better than other singers out there right now. I can't say I like her music nor her shows but I like how she's a singer and an actress who hasn't resorted to attention-grabbing stunts (ie, drunk driving). She's also very mature for her age.

Miley Cyrus is an actress who hasn't fallen to partying and destructive decisions like many other actresses, at least give her credit for that.

3. Juicy Chaser

...Posing topless for a magazine when she was underage wasn't attention grabbing?

4. Krowley Moderator

I guess evry1 has to have at least 1 good piece of intelligence :P

5. childofturin Why?

That means that she really doesn't want to be normal. If she did, she wouldn't have started singing/acting in the first place. Then she wouldn't be the huge spotlight person she is now.

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Singers and actors can't be normal?
    I've always wanted to star in a movie, does that mean I don't want to be normal? No, it just means I want to be in movies. People can't have dreams anymore without being outcasted somehow? Is that what your getting at?

7. kitty_has_claws246 Traverse Town Homebody

When it comes down to the Vanity fair shoot, I think it was blown out of proportion with the media. I don't think Cyrus meant it as a dirty pic. There is a difference between the Michelangelo and topless pictures.

I think the Vanity fair shoot was meant as an artful picture but the media wanted to write a story about how Miley Cyrus was becoming a bad girl and blew it out of proportion. Vanity Fair has done nude pictures before for artful purposes. Demi Moore did a front cover shot nude when she was pregnant.

That's just how I saw it: The media blowing something out of proportion from what was meant as an artful picture.

8. childofturin Why?

I'm saying that anyone who is in the public eye like that will never live a normal life. They will always have the media hounding them at every step, and making up stories if there are none to be had from the famous person at the time. No matter how much she "wanted to be normal", she gave up that life when she stepped into the public eye.

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Thats not her fault, or the medias.
    Its the publics, if people stopped giving a damn about what celebrities do, they can just give us our entertainment like they're supposed to do and go on with their day

10. Juicy Chaser

Regardless of the intentions of the magazines and the media, she was still underage.

11. childofturin Why?

I agree. I really do. However, people DO give a damn, so she is therefore not living a normal life, however much she may want to.

12. kitty_has_claws246 Traverse Town Homebody

She is underage, but I still don't see her photo shoot as an attention-grabbing stunt. A bad decision maybe, but not as something she planned to get notice.

13. Kenni-Chan King's Apprentice

If you think about it, she's a singer/actress/role-model to young girls and she's one of the youngest, popular celebrities around, and since she's young, everything she says/does is going to attract media attention if they find the slightest bit of evidence she's done something. Good or bad. Which is why I'd rather not be in any form of spotlight, sure it would be nice to be remembered for something, but if it means getting watched by paparazzi every second of your life, seeing you do your private life, I'd think it would be rather embarressing.

14. childofturin Why?

I would rather be remembered for something posthumously, or towards the end of my life. Like most great artists. That way, I won't have to put up with the media for too long.

15. Hayabusa Venomous

You lose your chance of living normally the moment you choose to be a celebrity. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't seen enough celebrities' lives go down the drain the moment they make one mistake.

16. Jayn

If you are going to be famous, be ready for what comes with that.​

17. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

Most of what he said. Obnoxiously irratating to watch and listen to, but she's no Britney Spears.

18. Cherry Pie Pwns Gummi Ship Junkie

But then again, I doubt she knows how to read well enough to read the book either.

19. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

20. Riku-Sama's Shadow Hollow Bastion Committee

....how is that doing something right????
    LOL JK
    I hate her cuz she's a brat......
    you don't need to make a big deal about this, even if it means she's no longer a brat (i don't see how it can mean this)