Worst book you've ever had to read as an assignment

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gwen, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Aura Goddess

Oh yes,that's another book I hate.It was boring and pointless for me to read it.

2. Kaiionel Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh my goodness. Sign of the Beaver, fifth grade. Two years later my sister got the same teacher so she suffered the agony as well. Afterwards we had a shredding ceremony in which we ripped the blasted book to bits!

Don't get me wrong, I love and respect books and I hate when people burn them. But this book was just...ugh.

3. MarissaTyphoon Merlin's Housekeeper

"The Day No Pigs Would Die" Not only did the first chapter include a very visual scene that will probably scar me for life, but the book itself was just babbling, to me. It just went on and on and on about all of these different topics. *spoilers* One second you're hearing about the pig, then about some lady with hired help, then a guy digging up a grave, and then the father dying.*//spoilers* It may be just me, but I don't think any of the things already listed had any relation at all. It just seemed like someone was going through their childhood story while sitting in a retirement home. You know, a grandpa rambling about different aspects that really don't relate...

4. Dredica SNES was the best.

The mixed up files of Ms.E Basil or whatever it was called.

5. Juicy Chaser

Omg we literally just finished animal farm in english class and when we read the last word there was like a huge sigh of relief from all the pupils.

omg but the worst book ever is the pickwick papers. I almost died reading it. Its unbelievably boring and time consuming

6. beezygee Gummi Ship Junkie

"The Awakening"
    God, this book was so ****ing boring. It's also a little depressing but so is all the book we had to read in my class.

7. Hayabusa Venomous

Life of Pi

My god that book was so horrendously boring...

8. KnightReaper Traverse Town Homebody

A terrible one would have to be "Surviving Hitler". It wasn't a bad book, but it was depressing throughout the entire ordeal. He was only twelve when he went into a camp, and he survived until he was nineteen. He tried to survive to see his brother, his mother, and father one more time, but none of his family from eighty people survived. Here is the quote that got to me the most.
    "If I had known that this was to be after the war, why had I tried so hard to make it?"
    It's just a sad book, but great. I would've read it daily, but it was terrible that we had to read it as a class, that gave no emotion. I don't know what I'm talking about anymore, I just like to type.

9. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

hmmm....
    it would be "Cry, the beloved contry" and "Reading lolita in Terhan". i fell asleep reading both books.

10. Flamedancer Twilight Town Denizen

The Yearling. It's, like, six hundred pages, with at least 425 being just descriptions, and it could have gone like this.

Jody was a boy. He found a baby deer. He raised it. And then his dad shot it. The end.

Seriously, it's depressing and long and boring and NEVER EVER READ IT!!!

11. MissInvisible Merlin's Housekeeper

Cry, The Beloved Country.

The Grapes of Wrath.

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

I hate all these books. Oh, and Shakespeare too...

12. Marluxia13579 Twilight Town Denizen

The Machine Gunners... *snooze*

13. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

RLIT was actually pretty good in my opinion... well the 1st chapter anyways. O.o' Then it just began to get boring. But it was still good, and this was the ONLY book that I actually finished reading in school. xD

14. Cherry Berry Chaser

Least shakesphere had some upbeat moments... Not like the Life of Pi...

Oh god, I wanted to sleep so badly when it was the life of pi!!

15. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

To Kill A Mockingbird.

I ripped out my hair trying to read this. And totally failed English. -_-

16. Xaale Sylph of Hope

I read the life of pi...urg...

I also hated Hatchet. I mean, it was okay, but...​

17. kingdomheartsfan15 Merlin's Housekeeper

Same here
    I hated that book and usually I like just about every book I read

18. RoxaSoraGirl Traverse Town Homebody

We had to read To Kill a Mockingbird in the 8th grade
    I actually liked it ^^

And as for Of Mice And Men...well it wasn't so bad but I didn't read a few times, and then my friends had to fill me in before class and then I'd wished I'd read :D

19. Chevalier Crystal Princess

tell me about it.....that was so...irritating...i had to get it from the web too.

another bad book was "la llamarada"......i realized i was slowly dying from reading it, so i skipped it all...and looked in the web to get a review.

20. Pure Beats~ Chaser

Brave New World - I'm surprised that we were made to read this at a Christian school. It's, uh, how should I put this. Oh, I know, disgusting. Let's just say that the men and women did things that they should do after marriage all the time. It was a law that you had to do it. That's what the book was about...just that. It was a disgusting, disturbing book and I almost burned the school's copy.

Cry, The Beloved Country - I could barely understand what was going on in the book. You never knew who was speaking, and it was just confusing.

A Seperate Peace - God, I hated that book. It was boring, and it was just plain stupid. What happened was stupid, and I hated every second of the book.