World Cup 2010!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Always Dance, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Always Dance Chaser

There's a thread in the spamzone, so we may as well discuss it where posts count.
    Who are you guys rooting for? What matches are you looking forward to?
    I'm rooting for Mexico and the U.S., Holland also looks really good this year.
    Any predictions for future matches? Let's discuss.

2. raceing227 Destiny Islands Resident

I'm cheering for Mexico. Not really into watching soccer though.

3. Arch Mana Knight

I was about to make this thread myself. I'm wearing a US jersey thingy right now.

I'm honestly suprised that France didn't slaughter Ur...I can't spell that country's name right now. Anyways, Mexico might actually stand a chance in the World Cup. I see a LOT of Mexican shirts around here worn by people. I personally am rooting for Brazil just because I like that team. >>

The only European team that I think might be good this year is Spain. France lost all of my respect with this match. B|

4. Always Dance Chaser

Me too, I'm more of a player. When the World Cup comes around is about the only time i watch it, and even then I only watch main matches.

5. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

You can't spell Uruguay...

I'm rooting for Brazil and Italy. Mostly because I'm from the former and I like the latter's team. Kinda surprised at the games today since nobody won one.

I'm also more of player when it comes to soccer. I mostly just watch the Cup and the occasional game that comes on TV.

6. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

I'm with Italy on this one. I always have been. Sure, I could be all patriotic and go with France, but I've always preferred Italy's consistency for a change.

Today's matches were disappointing anyway >_> Hopefully there's more fun tomorrow.

7. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

I've decided to cheer for Australia. Just because. :>

My country didn't qualify, and I'm not much of a football (soccer) person. :/ I'll probably look at the standings every once in a while, though.

8. Rho Twilight Town Denizen

No Canadian team makes me sadface

So I guess I'll root for USA, Italy, France, and England.

9. Roxas~N~Namine Traverse Town Homebody

VIVA MEXICANO

i was disappointed in they're performance today, but i'm just happy they tied the game.

10. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

I'll be rooting for Argentina.
    I think that from the 32 nations that are there, most of them deserve to be there and except for just a few particular ones, noone appears to be an outsider. And that's the whole point of the World Cup, right? The best of the best.

I'm going to enjoy the World Cup as much as I can. Even though, my nation's team is one of the ... outsiders, I'm going to be watching its games with great pleasure! :P

11. Styx That's me inside your head.

Spain and The Netherlands, but I'm not a hardcore supporter of either. I just want to see matches that will have me on the edge of my seat. I like Spain's style, and I'm practically obliged to cheer for our northern neighbours.

12. Phazeun Traverse Town Homebody

Italy.

Been a supporter for a little while, and you know those Italians, always in for the best! But this Cup should be fun. I never used to watch soccer until my professor encouraged me to watch.

Go Foot Ball!

13. MandyXRiku4ever Twilight Town Denizen

same here. although i'll also be rooting for germany,

too bad Canda can't be there : (

it is a nation and our next door neighboor after all.

14. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I'm rooting for England, although I'm not very into football and I doubt we'll get past the semi's. Then I'll root for the underdog, whoever that is.

15. Rho Twilight Town Denizen

Not too exciting so far. The most variety besides 1-0 scores and tied scores has been South Korea VS Greece.

Wonder what the finale will look like. Italy will probably get far.

16. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Greene was awful for the UK against the USA. A siimple save but he messed it up not to mention during the match he wasn't even looking at the pitch. He got lucky with one of the saves later on. I feel sorry for him but my god it was horrorific.

But meh I don't like football but I'll watch the English games if I'm not doing anything at the time.

17. Styx That's me inside your head.

I enjoyed Germany mopping the floor with Australia just now. Not that I particularly dislike Aussies, I just enjoyed a more interesting break in the low-score routine so far.

18. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Too bad they lost in the end but they did play a good game against Brazil.

19. Styx That's me inside your head.

Too bad nobody cares about them doing good, because North-Koreans can't even watch the World Cup. Either they meet South-Korea in the finals, or they don't make it to the second rounds. I don't care much for any other scenario than those two.

20. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

Well, they only watch the good highlights of their teams, and a game or two when their team plays.