Woman President

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Roxas, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revan Merlin's Housekeeper

I would be fine with a woman president, I'm not so sure about Hilary though...she seems kind of like Bill's piggybacking her on her campaign...I mean I really doubt she would run if she wasn't Bill's wife.

2. Sorax SPAAAAAAACCCCCEEEEEEEEEE is a triumph.

Woman President? Been there, done that.....Just take a look at the philippines. The philippines is turning out just fine with a female president...and US should be the same as well, i mean, come on, even women can change the world, in fact, women made a lot goals!

3. Tammylita Destiny Islands Resident

I live in a pineapple under the sea...Wait.
    Well, people are people in my opinion. We're all the same really.

I don't know why a woman president would be a bad idea. We just have to wait for the RIGHT one.

As a girl, I suppose my opinion really doesn't count, but we've had how many? Fifty male presidents? This country has been around for over a hundred years. It's time we allowed a woman to run it.

4. xlaydee Merlin's Housekeeper

i really think if hilary is president, i would move out of the country. i dont support her ways at all. but thats just my opinion. i heard that she asked oprah to be her VP. lol

5. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Agreed, I hate Hilary Clinton, if it was a differnt woman that didn't go around telling people what to do i'd vote for them............Jade Rhade for president. :D

6. Sorax SPAAAAAAACCCCCEEEEEEEEEE is a triumph.

ohhhhh, Jade Rhade, that would make a huge difference

Yes i agree too, i hate Hilary Clinton, wait, who are other people running for woman president?

7. burnitup Still the Best 1973

There is no one else, but it's not the first time a woman ran for president, there was a woman who ran for president once along time ago like 50 years or so, I forgot her name though.

8. Sorax SPAAAAAAACCCCCEEEEEEEEEE is a triumph.

no no, i mean, of course you can't run an election without a competition right, cause my teacher told me an african american women is also running for president

9. xlaydee Merlin's Housekeeper

if that african american woman is any better than hilary clinton... SHE'S GOT MY VOTE!! but that hilary is cooky. she doesnt know what's shes doing. but i seriously wouldnt be suprised if oprah was in the scene.

10. Alex C: Kingdom Keeper

I think it's quite alright that a female is running for president. Plus I dont like Bush anyways >_>. . . but I dont see the difference between a man and a woman sure this will be a drastic change but I find it okay for a women to become president and I dont think they're is any proven fact that men will be better at being president than women. . . my parents are going to vote for Hilary Clinton and I was old enough to vote I would too.

11. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Stop Bumping The Thread!

12. BlueNeon Moogle Assistant

I don't think it matters about gender or ethnicity. I think that a candidate's stances should matter over anything else, whether their male or female, or whatever their race is.

I also think that having a president with an IQ above that of a monkey would help too... Yeah, I'm a Bush-hating democrat.

13. SquishyZ3ro Traverse Town Homebody

I love how people say they aren't prejudice, but then when they bring up a german-president they mention that he can't be a jew-hater. Why does being German have anything to do with hating jews? That was Nazi's, a political group, not a race. ;P

But back on topic... Like it/believe it or not, gender has alot to do with it. The stereotype of women and men is often times correct. Men tend to be stronger and more resistant to emotional baggage and women tend to be physically weaker, have less ambition and are much more sensitive and susceptible to other peoples' feelings and emotions. A man would tend to fight rather than talk, and a woman vice versa. This is all very generalized, though. Many women today, and the numbers are growing by the way, are very strong and have LOADS of ambition. They are still sensitive to emotions and feelings, but far less so than they used to be. Just as men are becoming much more eager to listen and much less eager to fight. We ARE becoming more androgynous, but it's a slow process. As it stands, I doubt very few women would be able to do a good job as president. You cannot simply take into account what the American people -think- they want, you'd also have to take into account what it would do to our country's already horrid reputation. Other country leaders might see this as a chance to gain the upperhand over America, they might try to intimidate a woman president into siding with them or assisting them, using her for their own benefit. It would take a truly spectacular woman to be up for that. Mind you, I'm not saying a woman wuld do horrid under normal circumstances, I'm saying there would be 3-4x more pressure on her than would be on a man.

But remember, the government doesn't elect the president, the people do. So if a woman doesn't win an election, it's our fault, and it's our choice. Frankly, Hillary Clinton will not win. There's honestly more of a chance of a black male winning than a woman of any race or color.

14. Gravity Chaser

I'm not sure if Hilary will be our first female president, but I'm sure that there will be one in our lifetime. So far, our generation has displayed that we have a certain eagerness to change traditions, so why not the tradition of exclusively-male presidents? Women are just as good as men are, after all...so why not?

15. xekushi Gummi Ship Junkie

i dont see anything wrong with a female leader. sure theyd run things different but you get the same effect by having a different man. people should leave discrimination behind them and just elect whoever is most cappable of doing the job well, even is the person may be black, female or even queer. i personaly dont mind any as long as things get done rigt.

and if you just look you may notive that the current male leaders and making alot of stupid moves.

16. SquishyZ3ro Traverse Town Homebody

Then again, the idea that anyone is making stupid moves is all subjective. And who's to say a female won't make things worse? It seems like people expect a change the better if we get a female president, but there's an equal possibility it will be a huge change for the worse. Either way, I'm voting republican, like I always do. Now, if a female republican ran, and I liked her ideas, I'd vote for her. Like Condolisa(SP) Rice. I'd -love- for her to be president, but she simply doesn't want to.

17. xekushi Gummi Ship Junkie

didnt realise that was a choice and if it is i vote republican too. =)
    id much rather leave my goverment to a bunch of qualified people making votes untill they agree with each other. but then again, whos too say they wont vote for what seems to be the wrong thing?

18. John S. Banned

This thread is pointless, If I say no all of a sudden im sexest. but oh well when have I ever been PC.

I say no, She is not right, one day maybe there will be a good one but as of right now, and a bunch of women agree with me, NO.

Sorry shadowjak didn't see your post(ill make this the last post in this thread)

19. SquishyZ3ro Traverse Town Homebody

It's not at all sexist to say you really don't think Hillary, or any women right now, would do a good job. It's slightly prejudiced, but it's nothing extreme. To me, you'd only be sexist if you said something fairly bad, like " women shouldn't work, because it's their purpose to raise kids ". That, to me, is somehting sexist. Not " a woman wouldn't be good as president right now "

20. Gravity Chaser

True, true...what really counts is what's in the nation's best interest...whether a man or woman is leading us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.