Wolfie's recent prop/costume work

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Korra, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Stuff I've been working on/completed in the past few months.
    Legend of Korra - Book II Korra & Naga
    My camera was kind of messed up for this shoot, but overall I got a few good shots. Full sets here and here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Star Wars - Mandalorian
    Continued use of my originally approved costume, currently working on a second kit based on a Star Wars animal.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a WIP of my second kit, which I'm doing entirely on my own (cutting, shaping, etc.).
    [​IMG]

Mass Effect - Avenger rifle
    Made of foam and the first time I tried something like this, but I like how it came out. Might do more in the future.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

& me screwing around with it in my Recon Corps jacket.
    [​IMG]

Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 3DM Gear, Sasha Braus
    Two of my friends and I decided to go as Eren, Mikasa, and Sasha to Otakon. They did the belts and wigs while I did the gear. I'm never ever ever doing that again. Ever. Took two weeks of working on it after work, plus one 12-hour session where we were all working on the holsters and didn't sleep at all. Absolutely worth it though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the final costumes put together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gonna be working on Fayt's Mandalorian armor when he's here on Friday, so I'll probably be updating with that too.

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

Wow, these are great, Wolfie, especially the first one since that's the only thing listed here that I watch. It must have taken a lot of time to get them perfect.

Also, both you and your dog look great, and your dog's pretty cute, to add. :)

3. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

>Korra costume

... I'd hit it.

But seriously, these are fantastic. My only complaint is with the avenger riffle being a taaaad too big, but I hate to criticize something that I could never dream of doing.

Really gurrrrl you do some good work

4. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Nice Mandalorian armour, thought the Jango helmet would clash a bit with the rest of the furs and roughness of it, but looks roughed up enough to fit in.
    Looks like you're holding an upside down Bowcaster. Is that it or...?

5. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Thank you, and yeah, some costumes can take a while to get to the point of presentable, and even then there's always room for improvement. For example, on Korra I'd like to replace the arm coverings with spandex or a similar material, I need to replace the vest on my armor, basically just nonstop upgrades. It's definitely worth it though!

Naga doubles as a guard dog, so you'd have to get her approval for that. : P

But thanks and yeah, I'm aware of the issue with the rifle. I was freehand sketching it on to the foam, it was only after I glued everything together that I realized the proportions were a little off. I kept the template I drew so if I ever make another one I can shrink it down. As it is now it could probably look okay for someone larger than me since I'm just 5'4".
    Also please feel free to criticize, it's how I learn what works and what doesn't!

I haven't painted the second kit helmet yet, or made any real progress on the rest of the costume either. My first helmet started off looking the same as the Jango one so no worries there.
    My main weapon on my red and blue armor is a bowcaster, yep.

Anyway, over the three weeks Fayt was here, we made his entire armor kit - from flight suit to armor. He ordered armor from another Merc, as well as some pouches.
    [​IMG]

After that it was all sizing and cutting and painting.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the finished costume.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still haven't heard back on his application for official membership, but we should soon.

On a different note, I might start up prop and simple costume commissions soon. Not sure of the amount of interest but I need a way to spend my time.