Wolfie's Mandalorian armor build thread

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Korra, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Nope, as long as it's modified to not look like a Nerf gun (or any other toy gun) or a real gun, it's allowed. That requires a bit of work though, the gun I made took around two days to get to that point. All the brand logos have to be removed, as well as any warning/caution/copyright plastic text on the gun.
    I found that the easiest way to do that was with an electric sander, then touched up with a fine sander by hand.

2. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Oh wow o: I'd never be able to do that. Loving how this is coming out, looking forward to more updates c:

3. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

It's not really that hard, I can show you sometime. xD
    When I'm not drowning in work. >>

But yeah, updates will be slow for a bit, since I'm back at school. Most work will probably be on the guns for now (only have pictures of that one, though), and there's four; two large ones, one small, and a hand gun.
    Still need to paint them and take off a few logos.

Luckily J.D. doesn't live too far away from me, so if I have a free weekend I'll probably go and work on the armor parts again.

4. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Just as an update (since it's been like a month), I've finally got all the materials I need to finish the suit.
    I have the material for the cape and loincloth, and after looking around last night, I decided to use medical scrubs for the flight suit. I'll probably be ordering them this weekend. I'm also going to be using a paintball vest for the flak vest.

I'm not sure how my helmet is coming along, but I do have the final design for it done, and once it's fixed up I'll be able to paint it.

What I still need to do:
    Get gloves
    Get boots
    Order scrubs
    Finish work on guns
    Paint armor

Hopefully I'll be able to finish this up soon, since I really want to go to some of the anime cons, and especially Celebration 5 this summer. xD

5. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Good to see you're making progress. I can't wait to see the finished product.

6. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Just ordered the scrubs, so they should be in by the end of the week.
    I'll most likely be able to continue with this in a week or two, once I'm out of school.

UPDATE:
    Scrubs came in yesterday, with some alterations they'll fit perfectly. Now all I need is the rest of the pieces of the costume and I'll be able to put it together soon.

7. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Awesome. So are the armour pieces still being made or are they made but just some place that's not your house? And your painting them yourself right?

8. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

This looks really interesting.
    I'd love to see how you progress with this unique hobby of yours.

9. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

It's actually not that unique in my opinion. It's really just a form of cosplaying.

10. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

A unique form of "cosplaying."(Which is more popular within the anime category).

11. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Not really, there's a difference between dressing up badly or perfectly like a character from Japanese media and being a member of a costumed group for social events and charity.

12. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

My armor's all set, it's just being kept at J.D.'s house so nothing gets lost. And I'll be painting there too, since I need to learn how to actually paint it right. xD
    Thank you, and progress will actually happen once I'm out of school and can dedicate more time to this.
    It's actually not cosplaying, as none of the Mandalorian Mercs are actual Star Wars characters. It's more of taking the concept of a Mandalorian and making your own personal decisions as to how the armor looks.
    Plus most cosplayers don't support charities and have specific rules they must follow in order to be considered a member.

13. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

Oh, I see.
    So, it's more of a "clan/classified" thing, where rules, expectations and more creativity is involved , rather than a group of people cosplaying.

14. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Yes, that's exactly it. There's actually an eleven page document that all members of the group are expected to know before joining, ranging from costume guidelines, to clan guidelines, to behaviour guidelines.
    Plus in order to be an official member your costume must be judged and passed by a council of seven to ten people, including the creator of the club.

I'm going to be contacting JD sometime this weekend, possibly tonight, so I'll let you guys know when I'll be working on the armor again.

15. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Another little update, I'm considering a new helmet design.

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac276/DPWolf/P1130604.jpg

My reasoning is that I wanted to incorporate some kind of wolf design into my armor, and not just the halberd. I didn't know how to go about the design though, since ears stuck on to the helmet looked rather stupid, and then after I saw the Water Tribe's helmets, I figured out that design.
    I'm not completely sure if it's possible, but if it is I will probably go with it.
    And hurrr you can see my lovely handwriting all over the page too.

16. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

I thought you'd like the water tribe helmets xD I didn't think you'd manage to make a seemingly workable design for the helmet. Any ideas on the materials you might use?

17. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Also, what's the status of the rest of the armour?

18. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

I wonder why. xD
    Not sure, probably just more ABS plastic. But I might be able to find the visor of a Biker Scout and attatch it to my helmet, which would make it a bit easier to build up the wolf muzzle.

Nothing major, but I do have the parts I need to actually put it together now. I'm just waiting to hear back from the clan leader as to when I can come over and do so.

19. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I don't particularly like the new helmet. Maybe you could incorporate a wolf head into the shoulder pieces or something?

20. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

The shoulder pieces are already finished, and there would be no easy way to get a decent looking wolf design on them. Granted the helmet won't be easy, but it's much more realistic than the shoulder pieces.
    Plus others have done similar things with shoulder pieces, I want my armor to be completely unique.