Will the pokemon anime ever end?

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by kowae7, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

The sad part is that he's only won a Pokemon League once out of the entire ten seasons. And that was in the Orange Islands. Directly after that, he actually gets his butt handed to him by Team Rocket. I mean, come on! Team Rocket actually beats him? And at Professor Oak's lab?! And then who comes in to save the day? None other than Gary Oak with a brown cloak and an Eevee. For crying out loud, Ash finally wins a championship and suddenly has to be saved by his rival against the comic relief? How humiliating is that?

I still stand by my statement that there's no such thing as a Pokemon Master. It can't even be defined, so how can Ash become something that doesn't even exist? :dead:

2. Somewhere I posted that Pokémon isn't what it used to be anymore, however, despite the constant "meet stranger of the day" and the useless hijinks of team rocket, I have seen a glimpse of the D/P arc. And it actually has plot twists (though I'm more updated to the Japanese episodes. I would give them out, but then that would be spoiling anyone who might be still watching it on this thread), as well as giving each gym leader 3-4 episodes to develop them. Dawn keeps sucking at contests to the point she's in a down, the new rival is actually cruel, and there's going to be a Hunter J who really doesn't mind killing kids, or anything, really. The best villain in Pokémon so far to exist, in my opinion (though I don't know if it has made the US appearance just yet). It's kind of refreshing, because I grew up with the series, and when I was young I promised to stay somewhat loyal to it despite how old I got, and...I didn't. Though D/P is looking good so far.

That, and May is coming back to visit xP.

Abotu Ash not winning a league, well, if he does, that means he's out as a main chacarter, and considering he has Pikachu, which is like the main Pokémon mascot, they can't have that. The only time Ash would ever win the league is if there would be no more Pokémon games and regions, and who knows when that will be.

And the definition of Pokémon Master, is I thought, one who's the strongest of them all, or at least, a pretty high level trainer that is hard to take down by anyone. If that's the case, Ash has a looong way to go.

3. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

It'll be the day when Pikachu can actually be used as a staple in tournaments. I mean, it's an Electric-type that's lightweight and can easily be defeated by a Ground-type attack or any attacks just as strong. In fact, the only place where Pikachu can actually fight on even territory is the Super Smash Bros. series.

So, basically what you're saying is that Gym Leaders and the Elite would be considered Pokémon Masters? Actually, I take being a Gym Leader back. If that were true, Brock and Misty would've already qualified. I almost wish that Ash was just as good as his G/S/C counterpart just so he can actually be considered a legend and we can move on with a new hero by now.

4. Fact is, Pikachu has grown through the ages as Pokémon's headline and symbolism, while every region somehow has to have a electric rat. When you hear Sonic, you see the blue hedgehog. When you hear Zelda, you see Link. When you hear Pokémon, is Pikachu. And Ash's Pikachu's somehow tops over the type it's weak against, time and time again, until the writers make him/her lose for some stupid and weak reason (BTW, wtf is Pikachu's gender? o.O). Besides, a weak Pokémon can turn into a stronger one if you train them well. If you raise a Rhydon, for example, weakly, it will be easily defeated.

Actually, I think a Pokémon Master is stronger than the Elite Four, but we have yet to meet one xD. Has Ash said anything about becoming a Pokémom Master these days anyway? I think they stopped, just switched to strongest trainer of them all or something. Eh.

5. sakayoyo Destiny Islands Resident

i agree.
    it should end.
    but if it does.
    it'd be a sad moment...
    like the end of an era.

its like if power rangers ended. same thing.

6. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

You would think by now that Jessie and James would have stopped trying to capture Pikachu.

...come to think of it, does Team Rocket even still run anymore?

7. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

the pokemon are cute... but they have killed the show... and god how many times have team rocket blasted off... speaking off which where do they land?

8. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

They fly around the world and end up back twenty feet from where they started. :xp:

9. thugondarel Traverse Town Homebody

Look at this. Ash's opinion on Pokemon I guess: [​IMG]

10. Dredica SNES was the best.

493 pokemon? I thought there was like a total of twenty, but I only watched the older episodes :\ The new ones are gay. I don't watch it...but you know what I mean. It's like another power rangers.

11. Clontox Hollow Bastion Committee

Dude, Ash is like 20 now.

Where everything get's blasted off into. Hyrule of course!

12. Seriously. Is so boring, and simply a side annoyance, that I'm now wondering if Team Rocket has some mental bestiality disability concerning the damned yellow rat. Wait. Ignore that. Stated the obvious.

13. The Notorious AJM Destiny Islands Resident

He got older?! ...Eh, what do I care?! I stopped watching after the Ruby/Sapphire era! But as long as there are still games being made, the crappy show will still go on. That being said, Pokemon is a franchise that JUST NEEDS TO DIE!!

14. Princess Snow White I feel such an isomniac.

It seems that every season is the same, Team Rocket trying to capture Pikachu but fail everytime, Ash getting badges, Brock being a ******.

15. Paladin12345678 Twilight Town Denizen

Will anyone ever stop to think og the ethical implications of this series? Namely, children imprisoning living animals in tiny artight balls and then forcing them to battle one another for personal glory? I mean, they just stand on the sidelines and watch anyway.
    Trainer: Wow, what evil team are you part of?
    Evil Team: Team 'Gimme you Pokemon before I cut you'! Switchblade, I choose you! *points knife*

16. The Pokémon don't care whether they are used for fighting and being in pokeballs (into which we still don't how it works exactly), apparently, they like it and don't complain, considering they're not exactly normal rats, cats, and dogs, are they? They are kind of like pets, that you can use for battling or to take care of. And they make strong frriendships and bonds with their trainers as we're shown every single episode, who they love extremely. The only ethical implication that there is when they are overworked, mistreated, abandoned without care, rejected because is not strong enough, etc.

Eh. It's animé.

17. Sadden Blood Warrior Lost in the mind! Help help me god!!!!! Their afte

I still like Pokemon, I watch it every once in a while, but I do wish they would finally cancel it, I mean it isn't as good as it was when it was Ash, Misty, and Brock.
    Then they put Tracy (I think) in there with Ash and Misty, Which wasn't bad either, but when they changed to the Hoan Region(sp?) it just started to become stupid.
    I mean there was Mai, Max(which he isn't even a Pokemon trainer, FTW?!), Brock, and Ash, First of all who needs all thoughs people going on one journey? And another stupid thing was that one of the Pokemon Gym leaders was Mai and Max's father, come on that's a complete lack of creativity! Then there's Mai wanting to become a Pokemon contest person (I forgot what they called them XD) , But in Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl Dawn (I think that's how you spell it) Wants to become one like Mai, which Ash acts all suprised and that crap.
    HELLO! You had a friend who just was one you dumba**, So why you acting all suprised >_>...
    And everytime you turn around Brocks in the picture, WHY DON'T YOU GO HOME DAMNIT!!!

All I'm saying is that yes I like the show, but they can never come up with something different so they should get rid of pokemon...

18. Fruity~ Hollow Bastion Committee

To my opinion, it won't.
    The author is earning big money for it, so I don't think he's stopping as he has his biggest chance to earn now.

19. EraserRain Banned

HES TEN?!

O_______________________________O

I thought he was like 16. . .

but seriously

OMFG 10?!

AND HE VENTURES ALONE FAR FAR AWAY FROM HOME AND DEALS WITH EVIL CRIMINALS

AT 10?!

good god pokemon has gone to far . . .

20. thugondarel Traverse Town Homebody

Yes, he's been ten......for ten years....