Will the Kingdom hearts series become the New final Fantasy?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Noise, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N Hollow Bastion Committee

It's possible, but if you compare KH II with FF, you can see some ways that FF is still a little more popular. One reason is that FF has had more than one character. Likewise with KH, the second game started with Roxas but didn't continue, it eventually switched over to Sora again. Final Fantasy has different characters. Some are remade from the popularity of one game, like FF VII was remade, and FFX had a follow-up. But, KH II may not be has popular because after a while, we may get bored of Sora, Donald, and Goofy and the rest of the Disney trio. Also, the story wasn't as interesting as FF. Final Fantasy had a little more suspense, danger, and they were a little more challenging, which made the game play a little more longer and less easier. In Final Fantasy you didn't have a choice of how hard or easy you wanted it, you just played it. If Nomura decides to continue Kingdom Hearts and he uses a new character, some die-hard fans may not like the idea of having someone new and not Sora (or Roxas, Riku, and the rest of the gang). Though, this is my opinon on why the game may not be extended.

2. Xendane Banned

Jammin' out in my office on my GEE-TAR!!!
    Oh man, I can just see Sora riding an Airship. Or riding on Cloud's bike. It looks weird.

Hm, Kingdom Fantasy XIIII... That just sounds weird. I mean really weird. Though, it's basically already happening, come to think about it, I mean, just look at the latest FF game then turn back over to Kingdom Hearts series. Doesn't the game play look surprisingly similar? I mean, here's how I see it:

FF12: Characters can move around while fighting
    KH: Characters can move around while fighting
    FF12: Characters gain levels through certain amounts of needed XP.
    KH: Characters level up through certain amounts of needed XP.
    FF12: Characters get new weapons/upgrades/spells/special attacks
    KH: Characters get new weapons/upgrades/spells/special attacks
    FF12: The party always has four members
    KH: The party sometimes has four members
    FF12: health increases by level and upgrades(I think)
    KH: Health increases by level and upgrades(I think)

It's really similar to that game, I'm tellin' ya, it's already happening.

Oh god, I can't stand having to play the possible next KH game on the XBox or the Wii. That's just horrible. Just give me a PS2, a new KH game, a controller, and a T.V., and I'll be just fine.

3. Noise For Love and Justice

its hit 60!!..well lol now its 61 posts

but heres my thing we all dont want them to start a new story without sora and company but they are! for the next Kingdom hearts game...whats to say they wont do it again after that? or the next? i mean its not up to use its up to them
    i could see it begin a...every so many games a new story is made kinda deal..

but i guess time will tell

Heartless*

4. Zandyne King's Apprentice

Actually...I have a sneaking suspicion that the next KH "spinoff" that they're doing is actually a testing game for them...if they get a good response then they can just, for lack of a better way of saything it, "FF it".

Anyone agree?

5. Thebazilly King's Apprentice

Hmmm. Yeah. I think you're right. With the knights? Because it doesn't look like they'll mesh well with the Disney, and I think that the Disney is going to be a roadblock in an ongoing game. Just look at KH2, they repeated 5 worlds from KH1 (counting Atlantica and the 100 Acre Wood) and used worlds based off of Steamboat Willie and Tron. If that doesn't mean that Disney is scraping the barrel, I don't know what does.

6. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    Theoretically, KH could keep going like FF. It has immense popularity and so many unexplained parts, they could make a few games right now without even having to continue the story. (I.E.-Xehanort, Organization XII, Riku)

7. Xendane Banned

Jammin' out in my office on my GEE-TAR!!!
    They could. Probably SHOULD, maybe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.